Better Call Saul: Season 6

Lurch

10 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

I’m just catching up, but it was really fucking unsettling to see Howard’s body dumped into a hole under the meth lab.  

5 hours ago, BornOrange said:

Mr Patrick Fabian story on Instagram "Together Forever" : r/betterCallSaul

… like the man said.

In the WGAS category … I have this recurring thought when I fly, that if the plane goes down, I’ll be stuck for eternity with the others onboard.  More often than not, that’s a chilling thought … 😳

31 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Just curious, why is that a chilling thought? 

I couldn't be less interested in what happens to my body after I'm dead.

It’s just a thought that inevitably passes thru … in the off chance there’s some staging site where one’s consciousness congregates with others while final destinations are sorted out.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a weird thought that Kim gets whacked still.  Fring knows that Saul can be bought and sold.   He has reservations about Kim. I think Kim may have a hit put out on her and Mike warns Saul, which is how Saul has had someone purchase a dust filter for a Hoover Max extract pressure pro model 60 in the past

Edited by Trey3216

man, this season has been depressing as hell. i hope we are due for a 'happy ending' somehow, and i think Jimmy and Kim are too. 

i guess Jesse had a happy ending in Alaska. but still...this show is so damn good but i'm starting to feel like i'm watching a Texas football game at the end of each episode!

Howard’s widow established that Kim and Jimmie were last to see Howard alive. After the wake, Kim withdraws from the bar. Logical reaction from the legal community would be that Kim and Howard were having an affair.  How else do cliff and schweikert view it. Kim leaving is now a liability for Fring and is now perceived as a risk. Does Mike go after her and do we see the vacuum guy?

T minus 75 minutes or so.

I was thinking today; Saul didn't spend his Sandpiper money on his gaudy house---the book he acquires from the vet probably was at least $1 million, if not more.  

What... so you're closing up shop?

Yep. Leaving town. Once I sell my little black book, it's gonna be all animals, all the time.

Black book?

Yeah, the keys to the kingdom. You know, you call me up, you're looking for a someone? [TAPS BOOK] Keep all my "someones" in here.

Can I see it? Knock yourself out. [CHUCKLES]

Oh. All right, yeah. I think we, uh... we found the Zodiac k*ll.

Well... I'm not keeping my contacts in plain English. "Best Quality Vacuum"? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

5 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

… I could sure use a Cinnabon right now.

We all could.

A refresher:  the company actually taught Odenkirk how to make the rolls. Turns out, their CEO or other high exec is a huge fan of Breaking Bad, and the company willingly jumped in to partner with Better Call Saul.  Story is from 5 years ago:

https://www.thewrap.com/better-call-saul-cinnabon-sponsorship/

On the penultimate episode of “Breaking Bad,” titled “Granite Slate,” crooked lawyer Saul Goodman told Walter White he was leaving the criminal life behind.

“If I’m lucky, a month from now — best-case scenario — I’m managing a Cinnabon in Omaha,” said Goodman, played by Bob Odenkirk.

When Goodman returned, 16 months later, in the spinoff “Better Call Saul,” Goodman was indeed managing a Cinnabon. Whether it was the best or worst-case scenario for Goodman is unclear, but it’s worked out great for AMC and Cinnabon. The beloved cinnamon-bun chain has teamed up with AMC’s “Better Call Saul” since the show’s start, resulting in one of the most unique television business partnerships in recent memory.

As we look forward to the Season 3 premiere of “Better Call Saul” Monday, we spoke with a Cinnabon executive about how the unlikely partnership happened. It’s a take as twisty and multilayered as — well, you know.

Odenkirk’s line about Cinnabon in “Granite State” caught the attention of the mall foodcourt staple’s opportunistic social media team. Eleven minutes after the closing credits, the clever Cinnabon social gang tweeted Odenkirk. “When you’re ready,” they wrote, with a link to the Cinnabon Careers page:

Well, apparently executive producer Melissa Bernstein was ready — several months later. Bernstein reached out to Cinnabon to share news that they were creating a Saul-centered spinoff, said Jill Thomas, vice president of Global Marketing for Cinnabon. (Saul still goes by the name Jimmy McGill in the prequel, for reasons we’re not going into here.)

Spoiler

Peter Gould, the co-creator of “Better Call Saul,” has said that the original Cinnabon line was a “throwaway” — that is, until the tweet. And since you’re wondering (like we were), it turns out that no, Cinnabon wasn’t insulted by the hopelessness of Goodman’s reference.

“If you truly understand the character you know that no matter where he is, it’s a purgatory for him — because he isn’t able to be his true self,” Thomas told us. “Even if he was in a high-rise in a big city he would still be in Hell. So we never saw it that way at all, and never second-guessed our participation.”

Poor Jimmy. Or should we call him “Gene”? After all, that’s what Cinnabon does — and that’s the alias under which Odenkirk actually trained.

Oh, did we not mention that? The sketch comedy legend actually worked at a Cinnabon, and did the whole thing “in character as ‘Gene,'” Thomas said. Odenkirk was coached up by the airport staple company’s most tenured corporate employee, Deb Rowley, who started her career as the very first Cinnabon bakery manager in Seattle, Washington, in 1985.

“Bob went through significant training as any bakery employee would, although he had private lessons,” Thomas explained. “He has shared that it’s a great source of pride that he knows how to make a ‘real, authentic Cinnabon.'”

At this point we should point out that no money has exchanged hands to or from either side of this deal, further making it a unique sponsorship. This season, “Saul” (Gene/McGill/Odenkirk/AMC) and Cinnabon are taking their relationship to the next step.

First, they’ll do so with (very minor spoiler alert) a new Cinnabon sequence, which viewers will see shortly. We asked Thomas how much is in the can.

“Extensive footage was filmed over several days, but it has been edited down to approximately three minutes in the first episode of each season. This season it seemed to us that it was more substantial than in past years. But we are not ‘in the know,’ just fans of the show so we are only speculating — which is fun!”

And on the promotional side, the bakery got to drop a fresh Season 3 preview to fans, and is also giving away Saul’s briefcase stuffed with cash and other “personal belongings.” Plus, Cinnabon is handing out free BonBites from 5-7 p.m. today, linked to tonight’s premiere. Sweet deal, indeed.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In the breaking bad timeline, I believe Saul took off in the spring/summer of 2010. So we’re less than 6 months or so from him leaving NM to this episode. I assumed we were years down the road.

walter white has only been dead a few weeks. The events of el Camino just occurred as well.

4 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I dispute that there was anything happy about any of jesses experiences.

Maybe a better ending than Walt, but I wouldn’t go so far as to call the motherfucker happy.

Other than Jane overdosing, Andrea bring murdered in front of him, Brock being poisoned and his family disowning him, Jesse has it pretty good.

• Haha 3

Yeah, not what I was expecting for an entire Gene episode. They shouldn’t have recast Jeff. I know scheduling blah, blah, but Don Harvey’s Jeff was pretty intimidating. The new Jeff is just a goofy pussy that lives with his mom. 

I didn’t love the Bad Santa style heist either. Gould/Gilligan can do better. 

Oh well. Three episodes left. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yeah, not what I was expecting for an entire Gene episode. They shouldn’t have recast Jeff. I know scheduling blah, blah, but Don Harvey’s Jeff was pretty intimidating. The new Jeff is just a goofy pussy that lives with his mom. 

I didn’t love the Bad Santa style heist either. Gould/Gilligan can do better. 

Oh well. Three episodes left. 

DFB62EB8-E442-4CE6-944B-44489EC54774.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 11:53 AM, VirginiaLonghorn said:

It’s just a thought that inevitably passes thru … in the off chance there’s some staging site where one’s consciousness congregates with others while final destinations are sorted out.

I thought the phrase was...."Whether your destination is heaven or hell,  you have to change planes in Atlanta."  ?? 😇 

Soul Plane Dancing GIF

• Haha 1