Better Call Saul: Season 6

Lurch

48 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I feel a bit shortchanged on the Kim conversation, but I did like how they shot it. Also best phone booth destruction scene since Goodfellas. 

my prediction is we see the conversation from her perspective during the cold open to the finale.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

my prediction is we see the conversation from her perspective during the cold open to the finale.

What if it wasn’t her on the line?  What if the person on the other end said “Never heard of her”.  Then cut to Kim replacing a sprinkler head.

Edited by SizzleChest

Anyone else think this is heading towards the whole house of cards crashing down?  Gene's clearly getting sloppy/greedy - maybe he wants to get caught?

I'm starting to suspect we've seen the last of Kim, Carol Burnett isn't anyone of any greater significance other than someone that Slippin' Jimmy saw the opportunity to exploit, and the series is going to end with Gene busted, revealed as Saul, and locked up in Federal pound me in the ass prison.

5 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

At least cop-killer Mike went to a different time zone before getting a job where he would be seen by every cop, lawyer, and judge. 

Nebraska and New Mexico are also in different time zones. Your move, catholic joe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Predictions:  Marion busts Saul / Gene; we get some screen time focused on Kim and her BB timeframe life; Saul goes to the pokey for a long time, show ends with Kim visiting Saul in prison.

I think Saul/Jimmy has to get caught / hit bottom for Kim to take him back (as she will know he can’t break bad anymore, once he’s gone to Jail) 

8 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

I think Saul/Jimmy has to get caught / hit bottom for Kim to take him back (as she will know he can’t break bad anymore, once he’s gone to Jail) 

I don't think there's any way in hell him and Kim are getting back together at this point.

10 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

I could see the show ending with a scene of Jimmy walking out of jail in the future with Kim waiting for him like when Henry gets out of jail in Goodfellas.

10 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

I could see the show ending with a scene of Jimmy walking out of jail in the future with Kim waiting for him like when Henry gets out of jail in Goodfellas.

I think it'd be more like Ritchie Roberts waiting on Frank Lucas when he gets out of jail.  He's gonna be there a long time.   

1 hour ago, SizzleChest said:

Predictions:  Marion busts Saul / Gene; we get some screen time focused on Kim and her BB timeframe life; Saul goes to the pokey for a long time, show ends with Kim visiting Saul in prison.

Like a Justified ending. That could be good.

Why did you come here?  We got Howard killed together.

• Hook 'Em 1

good to great episode showing the complete irredeemable qualities of Jimmy.  As a viewer, we were initially left wondering if Gene would let the cancer patient go without being scammed. Maybe even stop him from getting into the cab. Then we discover it's the opposite. Gene saw him as the perfect mark who may soon die.

Random thoughts

• Sad and pathetic that Jimmy/Saul/Gene only has 1 person he can call but that person will only talk and help him for a large payday.
    • Too bad that we didn't see the exact reasons why Francesca hates him so much other than the obvious. 
  • Love the new flashbacks to BB. Of course it was bs in that Jesse Pinkman looks 40 years old now. Totally unbelievable. 😃
  • I don't think we've seen the last of Marion (Carol Burnett.) i assume we see Jeff under arrest in some form, and Marion yelling at Gene for trusting in him.
    • I could see Jeff under arrest and not turning in Gene.
  • If Kim refused to talk with him or just fought, there must have been more conversations between the 2 since she walked out. 
Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 1

With 2 episodes left, do we have time for Gene to get arrested, the feds discover that Gene = Jimmy/Saul, and then some federal trial where Kim helps Jimmy found not guilty? From the characters we know, is there even anyone left that Jimmy could snitch on to get a deal?

Was Francesca saying that Skyler made a deal with the feds, was that the first time we knew that? I can't recall how exactly BB left Skyler. 

I like how the title of the last episode is Saul Gone.   It's All Gone.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

good to great episode showing the complete irredeemable qualities of Jimmy.  As a viewer, we were initially left wondering if Gene would let the cancer patient go without being scammed. Maybe even stop him from getting into the cab. Then we discover it's the opposite. Gene saw him as the perfect mark who may soon die.

Random thoughts

• Sad and pathetic that Jimmy/Saul/Gene only has 1 person he can call but that person will only talk and help him for a large payday.
    • Too bad that we didn't see the exact reasons why Francesca hates him so much other than the obvious. 
  • Love the new flashbacks to BB. Of course it was bs in that Jesse Pinkman looks 40 years old now. Totally unbelievable. 😃
  • I don't think we've seen the last of Marion (Carol Burnett.) i assume we see Jeff under arrest in some form, and Marion yelling at Gene for trusting in him.
    • I could see Jeff under arrest and not turning in Gene.
  • If Kim refused to talk with him or just fought, there must have been more conversations between the 2 since she walked out. 

I saw this posited somewhere else, but I think when he called the place in Florida, Kim wasn't there and whomever he talked to refused to give him a lead.

His anger and mannerisms seemed more like his reaction when someone won't cooperate with him vs. just shutting him down.  Like he's trying to con the person on the other end into giving him SOMETHING about Kim and they're just stonewalling him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I saw this posited somewhere else, but I think when he called the place in Florida, Kim wasn't there and whomever he talked to refused to give him a lead.

His anger and mannerisms seemed more like his reaction when someone won't cooperate with him vs. just shutting him down.  Like he's trying to con the person on the other end into giving him SOMETHING about Kim and they're just stonewalling him.

Good point. I could see Kim's mom has somehow settled into working at the sprinkler company. Seems plausible a drunk, low grade criminal in Nebraska would end up in Florida at a dead end job. Kim joins her at some point. The mom refuses to tell Saul anything.

4 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Hmmmm...perhaps, but I don't think he would have reacted so violently if it was someone other than Kim stonewalling him.  In that case, I think he would have just immediately begun planning a new way to get to Kim.  It seems to me that he was talking to Kim, trying to convince her to get back together, and she wasn't having any of it, and either she hung up on him, or his coins ran out and the call ended abruptly.  His reaction is like he is breaking bad again, again due to a rejection from Kim.

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

With 2 episodes left, do we have time for Gene to get arrested, the feds discover that Gene = Jimmy/Saul, and then some federal trial where Kim helps Jimmy found not guilty? From the characters we know, is there even anyone left that Jimmy could snitch on to get a deal?

Was Francesca saying that Skyler made a deal with the feds, was that the first time we knew that? I can't recall how exactly BB left Skyler. 

I like how the title of the last episode is Saul Gone.   It's All Gone.

I just finished a re-watch of BB and it was left with Walt giving Skyler the lottery ticket with the GPS coordinates to where Hank and his partner were buried. He told her to use that to cut a deal.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

Hmmmm...perhaps, but I don't think he would have reacted so violently if it was someone other than Kim stonewalling him.  In that case, I think he would have just immediately begun planning a new way to get to Kim.  It seems to me that he was talking to Kim, trying to convince her to get back together, and she wasn't having any of it, and either she hung up on him, or his coins ran out and the call ended abruptly.  His reaction is like he is breaking bad again, again due to a rejection from Kim.

I think if it was Kim, he would have just dropped the phone at his side, and stared forlorn out the phone booth for awhile before just shuffling away with the phone dangling.

34 minutes ago, DallasHorn26 said:

I just finished a re-watch of BB and it was left with Walt giving Skyler the lottery ticket with the GPS coordinates to where Hank and his partner were buried. He told her to use that to cut a deal.

Right, Francesca's comments basically confirmed that yet another of Walt's little plans worked.

6 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I don't think there's any way in hell him and Kim are getting back together at this point.

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

Or she shows up like Carrie Fisher at the end of Blues Brothers. 

I don't think we are done with Kim yet.  They kept portraying her behind bars but maybe it will be Jimmy seeing her for the last time through bars.  

Although they are still married.  Are conjugal visits really a thing?

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Good point. I could see Kim's mom has somehow settled into working at the sprinkler company. Seems plausible a drunk, low grade criminal in Nebraska would end up in Florida at a dead end job. Kim joins her at some point. The mom refuses to tell Saul anything.

So Marion cannot turn out to be Mrs Wexler?

9 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Up until last night, it was easy to believe that Walt made Saul bad (despite some of the things he had done prior to meeting Walt).  After the episode, I'm not so sure it wasn't Saul that made Walt go off the deep end.

Let's see...

-He made Chuck really really go off the deep end

-He sent Howard into a spiral that got him killed at the hands of Lalo

-His slippin' Jimmy turned Saul got Kim off sexually/emotionally to the point that she had to leave him to get herself straight again

-He's got a POS cabbie pulling cons

-He's aided and abetted Walt and Jessie, Gus, Mike, the Salamancas all to the point that their world's unraveled. 

-His old con buddy had a heart attack in the middle of one of their cons

I'd say Jimmy/Saul/Gene has a way of fucking everything up for everyone around him.  Maybe with a tinge of narcissistic multiple personality disorder.  

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Up until last night, it was easy to believe that Walt made Saul bad (despite some of the things he had done prior to meeting Walt).  After the episode, I'm not so sure it wasn't Saul that made Walt go off the deep end.

I'm sure Saul helped influence Walt, but by the time he met Saul, Walt had already killed a couple of guys, blown up Tuco's place, not to mention having Jessee "Handle It" with the tweakers who robbed their dealer.

40 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Jimmy is at his breaking point. Pulling cheap shenanigans at the mall and the the local bar to gain a few bucks 

The money doesn't matter at all.  Read several articles today including an interview with Thomas Schnauz, plain and simple Jimmy/Saul/Gene is an addict, and pulling scams is his drug.  He just can't NOT do it.  He has to get over on everybody, no matter what the cost.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DallasHorn26 said:

I'm sure Saul helped influence Walt, but by the time he met Saul, Walt had already killed a couple of guys, blown up Tuco's place, not to mention having Jessee "Handle It" with the tweakers who robbed their dealer.

Walt was somewhat justified in all of that.  It was post Saul that he really got greedy and started being needlessly cruel.

4 minutes ago, UTCzech III said:

The money doesn't matter at all.  Read several articles today including an interview with Thomas Schnauz, plain and simple Jimmy/Saul/Gene is an addict, and pulling scams is his drug.  He just can't NOT do it.  He has to get over on everybody, no matter what the cost.  

Yup he has no life other than pulling scams

1 hour ago, DallasHorn26 said:

Can you help me recall...why or what led Walt to Saul?  Was Saul their conduit to laundering money, hiding money etc..under the ruse of Saul being a lawyer?  I dont recall how that relationship came to be.  And for that matter, was it Mike who turned Walt on to Saul in the first place (through their connection at the courthouse)?

6 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Can you help me recall...why or what led Walt to Saul?  Was Saul their conduit to laundering money, hiding money etc..under the ruse of Saul being a lawyer?  I dont recall how that relationship came to be.  And for that matter, was it Mike who turned Walt on to Saul in the first place (through their connection at the courthouse)?

Saul was first introduced when Badger got busted.  He and Jesse went to the strip mall office. 

ETA:  At least that's how I recall it happening.  He represented Badger and was trying to get Badger to turn on "Heisenberg".

Edited by You don't know me
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

In the episode "Better Call Saul" in season 2, one of their dealers got busted. Jesse said they needed a "criminal lawyer" and that Saul was the guy to get them off the hook. The events depicted in last night's episode (Walt and Jesse kidnaping Saul) took place. Saul helped their dealer walk free and set up another guy as Heisenberg. The relationship continued with Saul offering to help launder money and introduce Walt to Gus. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, DallasHorn26 said:

In the episode "Better Call Saul" in season 2, one of their dealers got busted. Jesse said they needed a "criminal lawyer" and that Saul was the guy to get them off the hook. The events depicted in last night's episode (Walt and Jesse kidnaping Saul) took place. Saul helped their dealer walk free and set up another guy as Heisenberg. The relationship continued with Saul offering to help launder money and introduce Walt to Gus. 

Excellent, thank you.

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I think if it was Kim, he would have just dropped the phone at his side, and stared forlorn out the phone booth for awhile before just shuffling away with the phone dangling.

Thomas Schanuz in an interview with Entertainment Weekly said we will hear exactly what that conversation was...

Revelation: Kim is alive and checked on Jimmy! The fans won't riot. Though the last time we saw her, she had destroyed her life, and as the writers have suggested, a fate worse than death awaits. In the scene when he calls her, there was a problem with the shot. Noisy trucks kept going by when Gene was talking to her. Do you want to tell us exactly what was so upsetting about that call?

[Laughs] Yeah, those trucks, we couldn't control them…. We will learn the details of the phone call; we will know what was said in a future episode. It's just right now we wanted to keep the mystery going of: What is going on in the world of Kim Wexler? You said she's alive, but I don't know. Is she alive? Can you tell from that phone call? He asked for Kim Wexler [laughs] on the end of that line and then heard something that made him slam the phone down and break the glass. So we'll find out in a future episode exactly what words were spoken.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Too bad that we didn't see the exact reasons why Francesca hates him so much other than the obvious. 

She always liked working for Kim more, I thought.  When he went full Saul, she came on because he paid her (presumably well).  She was good at the job of wrangling all the slugs that would come into his office, but that has to be one of the most miserable jobs on the planet.  And when he's about to bounce, pays her an extra roll of cash, and offers up the hug, her response summed up her feelings about him and the life perfectly.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UTCzech III said:

Thomas Schanuz in an interview with Entertainment Weekly said we will hear exactly what that conversation was...

Maybe she tried going slippin' Jimmy on her own and without her compadre, she got nabbed.  Jimmy reacts to hearing she's in jail by beating the phone booth to death.  The money he is trying to stack is to free her from having to go down that path and is hoping to make it to FL (of course its FL b/c well, its FL).  Hell if i know.

7 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Maybe she tried going slippin' Jimmy on her own and without her compadre, she got nabbed.  Jimmy reacts to hearing she's in jail by beating the phone booth to death.  The money he is trying to stack is to free her from having to go down that path and is hoping to make it to FL (of course its FL b/c well, its FL).  Hell if i know.

Or maybe the person on the other end of the line told him she was killed?  Hence the violent reaction. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, notre dame joe said:

I don't think we are done with Kim yet.  They kept portraying her behind bars but maybe it will be Jimmy seeing her for the last time through bars.  

Although they are still married.  Are conjugal visits really a thing?

So Marion cannot turn out to be Mrs Wexler?

That would be a bit too much. Saul only found Marion because Jeff is her son. That would be horrible writing is Marion is Sauls mother-in-law.

• Hook 'Em 1

Something that I just thought about  - since Kim and Jimmy were married, even though it was years ago, and Francesca mentioned hearing clicks on her phone, I wonder if the feds are watching Kim and have her phones tapped as well?  Maybe Jimmy hears the tell tale clicks, freaks out and hangs up?  Probably not though, would not explain the wild gesticulations he was doing prior to smashing the phone.  I will throw it out as a possibility however; the feds trace the call to Omaha, put out a dragnet, somehow catch Saul, and Kim comes in at the end to represent him.  They show those cops approaching a house in the end teaser, but they could be approaching Gene's house, no the cancer guy.  Misdirection.  Also, I have a feeling Marion getting exposed to Youtube is going to lead to her somehow stumbling across something about Saul/Gene...

52 minutes ago, UTCzech III said:

Something that I just thought about  - since Kim and Jimmy were married, even though it was years ago, and Francesca mentioned hearing clicks on her phone, I wonder if the feds are watching Kim and have her phones tapped as well?  Maybe Jimmy hears the tell tale clicks, freaks out and hangs up?  Probably not though, would not explain the wild gesticulations he was doing prior to smashing the phone.  I will throw it out as a possibility however; the feds trace the call to Omaha, put out a dragnet, somehow catch Saul, and Kim comes in at the end to represent him.  They show those cops approaching a house in the end teaser, but they could be approaching Gene's house, no the cancer guy.  Misdirection.  Also, I have a feeling Marion getting exposed to Youtube is going to lead to her somehow stumbling across something about Saul/Gene...

To your last point, Marion typing “funny lawyer commercials” into the box at the top of the screen.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1