Better Call Saul: Season 6

Lurch

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Of course she basically took her own advice to Jimmy and turned herself in.

I think Jimmy actually said something to her along the lines of ~ If you need to clear your conscience, you should turn yourself in.  That might of backfired a bit.

why did they show everyone in the backyard being FSU fans, but then had multiple Florida Gator window things in the sprinkler business parking lot? seemed odd.

At least here in Jax it’s a complete mix of the two fan bases. Neither seems to be more dominant in stores/airport/etc.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Florida Kim is a broken person. She used to be someone who would charge into a courtroom and control the room. Now she can't make a decision by herself or speak up. Miracle whip potato salad, blech. Of course she basically took her own advice to Jimmy and turned herself in.

Other points I noticed

• ABQ Jimmy used to be able to control older women like from Sandpiper Retirement. He manipulated them into hating each other, even to the point of falling on his sword that time so that the residents would start to like their friend again.
  • In Omaha, Gene forgot to consider Marion. Marion was already suspecting Gene was off due to how he switched from being her friend to Jeff's. Going into the garage and then slipping up by mentioning ABQ. Perhaps having those early morning drinks was a bad choice. A better choice would have been to go over to Marion's and control the entire situation. Don't call her.
  • I could root for BCS Jimmy or even BB Saul, but Omaha Gene is just a bad person. Not murdering Marion is not something to cheer for him. And his recent recklessness (mall cameras, going back to that house and then hanging around too long) demonstrate how bad he's slipped. While different, I feel for him like I did with Ziggy from the Wire.
  • I need to rewatch the Kim/Jesse scene. Something there must have impacted Kim since she still had the power lawyer ponytail for the last time. Jesse changed her.
  • I think calling the vacuum cleaner was a misdirect. One Robert Forester is dead IRL but more importantly, Saul isn't going to have the Jesse ending from El Camino. He hasn't earned the redemption. 

My prediction is that we see some glimpse of potential redemption for Kim. As for Jimmy I see one of two options. we see him leading a tough life in prison. Or he has an actual accident like falling into a well headfirst and dying alone. I doubt it will be a well, but something to that effect. Haunted by the ghosts of Chuck and Howard.  Or maybe slippin' Jimmy slips on the ice one last time.

- Kim confessing and then asking for readmission to the Bar would be the most G&G thing ever, especially after they grant it due to her moving speech.

- Kim has been portrayed behind bars all season, Gene has been protrayed as dead, somewhat heavy handedly.  There is still one episode for all of that to happen.  

But, 

4 hours ago, RPM said:

I predict we're all fucking wrong on the finale.

5 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

- Kim confessing and then asking for readmission to the Bar would be the most G&G thing ever, especially after they grant it due to her moving speech.

- Kim has been portrayed behind bars all season, Gene has been protrayed as dead, somewhat heavy handedly.  There is still one episode for all of that to happen.  

But, 

Well, Jimmy is dead inside and Kim has been locked in a mental prison of her own doing.  

I hope we get a scene of Gene calling the vacuum cleaner guy and getting a response that Gene has made it too hot to be disappeared. Remember he warned Walt to not leave his NH hideaway or that the visits will end. I don't think he expected Saul to stay put in an apt but he also didn't expect Saul to get reported by an old lady.

5 hours ago, RPM said:

I predict we're all fucking wrong on the finale.

For sure.  I'll even back-track on my thoughts before, I think we will see the scene of Kim reciting her law oath, but I think it will be a flashback, whether she's sitting in a jail cell or just back to her boring Florida life, but thinking about how promising her whole life seemed in that moment.  But yeah, whatever scenarios we can dream up, that writing team will top them.  

8 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Yep.  Lying on your back getting nailed by some sub-human saying "Yep.......Yep........Yep......." every few strokes has to make her die inside  a little with every thrust.  Just a gut wrenching scene.  

All I could think about when they showed that was the Mesa Verde commercials Saul made in season 5.

”I went to the bank to open my safety deposit box and this man was standing there with his pants down. Bare genitals!”

“YUP!”

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Oh, no doubt.  Who here had Kim becoming what she did?  Getting attached to yep man?  He's several magnitudes below what she could fetch, and she is so damaged that she's accepting of her fate?

She is punishing herself. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hope we get a scene of Gene calling the vacuum cleaner guy and getting a response that Gene has made it too hot to be disappeared. Remember he warned Walt to not leave his NH hideaway or that the visits will end. I don't think he expected Saul to stay put in an apt but he also didn't expect Saul to get reported by an old lady.

Kinda doubt it. I think Gene/Saul/Jimmy is gonna get caught. One way or another. I fucking love sleazy ole Saul but in the BB universe, he’s fucked. Now that I say that, he’s gonna find his way to Alaska and chill with Jesse

Btw can we talk about how perfect that Kim and Jesse scene was!?!? It was the perfect mix of BCS and BB. Everything about it was glorious for both characters. Beautiful fan service 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

For sure.  I'll even back-track on my thoughts before, I think we will see the scene of Kim reciting her law oath, but I think it will be a flashback, whether she's sitting in a jail cell or just back to her boring Florida life, but thinking about how promising her whole life seemed in that moment.  But yeah, whatever scenarios we can dream up, that writing team will top them.  

Was there a crime?  I guess she could be indicted for lying by omission to the police but that might be a bit too opaque for tv. 

Kim is so charismatic but she’s the one who decided to leave and humpty Jimmy for the first time couldn’t talk the pieces back together. It’s understandable but fucking tragic given their unique chemistry. Since then it’s all been downhill and sadly led to where we are, with her being yepped by a nonperson and Jimmy’s boneheaded moves at cancer guy’s house. The Howard pranks were a wrong bridge too far. Most pitiful words in the English language: What might have been. Come on Gilligan, give em one more chance!

18 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I think maybe he wrecks the car, gets his leg pinned under it, and slowly freezes to death over a few days on some back road where he was trying to meet up with the eraser.  

I believe the wrecked car they showed in the preview is his Suzuki that was pushed into the gully after Mike saved his ass in the desert with all that cash.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, WBT said:

I'm trying to not have any particular expectations for the finale but I can't wait.  It will be hard to beat Walt sprawled out on the lab floor to "Baby Blue."

It's the greatest ending in TV history, and I'm not sure anything else is particularly close.

• Like 3

Going back to Chuck and the overarching power of law, I think Chuck finally gets proven right and Jimmy winds up in the clink. I also think Kim testified against him and makes a deal.

Maybe even a tiny chance the last scene is her as a public defender in Florida (okay that’s not happening but it sure would make me happy).

7 hours ago, Fletch said:

Btw can we talk about how perfect that Kim and Jesse scene was!?!? It was the perfect mix of BCS and BB. Everything about it was glorious for both characters. Beautiful fan service 

The way they moved the camera around the pillar to reveal Jesse reminded me of the BB finale with they moved around the column in Skyler's kitchen to reveal Walt.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

Was there a crime?  I guess she could be indicted for lying by omission to the police but that might be a bit too opaque for tv. 

Yeah, when a dude gets murdered in your home and then his body gets disappeared, followed a staging of a suicide, and you don't report any of that...  

Framing the arbiter of the Sandpiper dispute for taking bribes, in a case that impacts a great many lives and involves tens of millions of dollars, has got to be a little bit of a no-no, as well.

23 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

Loved the detail of the reflection of the Better Call Saul commercial being in color on Gene’s glasses when he saw what Marion was watching on her computer. I also noticed that the bank statement for the cancer guy showed that he had roughly $737,000 in his bank account, which was the same number Walt said he needed early in Breaking Bad. I’m sure there’s a lot more nuggets I didn’t catch but those were the 2 that stood out to me. Personally I thought this was the best episode of the season.

I rewatched S1E1 yesterday and in the opening sequence the same color effect happens when he pops the VCR tape in of his old commercials.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I guess we're supposed to feel somewhat good about Kim's redemption story and root for her, but damn if she wasn't the one who pushed the Howard con that led to all this mess, more so than even Jimmy did. She's just as culpable as he is. He went off the rails and truly became Saul after she left, arguably because she left. It's easier to root for her than Saul because she came clean and did her penance, and she operates with a conscience. But she didn't really find her moral compass until Lalo blew Howard's head off. She's probably only likeable juxtaposed to Saul.

All of this, esp the last sentence.

5 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I guess we're supposed to feel somewhat good about Kim's redemption story and root for her, but damn if she wasn't the one who pushed the Howard con that led to all this mess, more so than even Jimmy did. She's just as culpable as he is. He went off the rails and truly became Saul after she left, arguably because she left. It's easier to root for her than Saul because she came clean and did her penance, and she operates with a conscience. But she didn't really find her moral compass until Lalo blew Howard's head off. She's probably only likeable juxtaposed to Saul.

Yup, I was kinda thinking the same thing here.  Jimmy had kinda had his fill of fucking with Howard it seemed, but Kim pushed him to go farther.

7 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

Going back to Chuck and the overarching power of law, I think Chuck finally gets proven right and Jimmy winds up in the clink. I also think Kim testified against him and makes a deal.

Maybe even a tiny chance the last scene is her as a public defender in Florida (okay that’s not happening but it sure would make me happy).

Chuck was proven right solely because Jimmy had to get dust filtered. 

On 8/9/2022 at 11:16 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:
  • I need to rewatch the Kim/Jesse scene. Something there must have impacted Kim since she still had the power lawyer ponytail for the last time. Jesse changed her.

jesse didn't change anything for kim.  kim changed everything for jesse.  or at least she could have. 

he asked her a question.  if she stared back at him and said, "no, run away, run for your fucking life", then it's possible the later events of breaking bad never even happen.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Lurch said:

Kim leaves in 2004. BB begins 2008, Were now in 2010

Yep, 3-4 years after Lalos death

https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Better_Call_Saul_Timeline

Kim comes back and he signs the divorce papers in the middle of the BB Pilot 1 or so, right?  Jesse is at Saul's office to talk to him about Emilio.  Presumably, that's the last time he sees her.  When he calls her, he says it's been six years, right?  I know the Nebraska-Texas game in Nippy sets us in 2010.  So maybe he has no idea how long it's been.

Edited by dcbc