Better Call Saul: Season 6

Lurch

Just now, Jerry Callo said:

Regardless of how the show ends tonight, this show was so much better than I thought it could be.  Huge kudos to Gilligan and Gould for telling the story without diminishing the BB story.  Odenkirk and Seehorn were great, but all of the other actor giving top level performances as well - Banks, Esposito, Mando, Fabian, Dalton and McKean. 

Yep.

In particular, Seehorn, Dalton and Fabian were EXCELLENT additions to the cast that helped take this show to the next level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Good point about the punishment fitting the crime. Jimmy helped lead Chuck and Howard to their deaths but in both cases that wasn't his motivation and he definitely didn't pull the trigger.

I don't think Kim really wants atonement so I don't know how Jimmy can save her. She might want jail to free her from Florida. Maybe he can point her back to being a lawyer but that seems unlikely now that she's confessing to the DA.

Yeah I don't know how it will work out exactly, in terms of what it means for the character, but I do think she is somehow "saved" by Jimmy.

It was so good having Kim and Jesse in that scene together last week, given both of their roles in Walter's/Jimmy's lives.

Did they both bear some responsibility? Absolutely. But unlike Walter and Jimmy, both were shown to have remorse and ultimately feel responsible for their actions; both were also pushed much, much farther to the "dark side" than they would have gone otherwise if not for Walter/Jimmy.

5 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I'm going Newhart ending.... where Walt wakes up as a school teacher cancer-free and the whole thing was just a dream.

I know you're joking but could you imagine the shit storm that would ensue on this board and the internet in general?  I could almost see Gilligan doing that just to fuck with people.

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I'm going Newhart ending.... where Walt wakes up as a school teacher cancer-free and the whole thing was just a dream.

Yep. Walt wakes up in bed with Bob Newhart and Jim Parsons and it was all a dream.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Regardless of how the show ends tonight, this show was so much better than I thought it could be.  Huge kudos to Gilligan and Gould for telling the story without diminishing the BB story.  Odenkirk and Seehorn were great, but all of the other actor giving top level performances as well - Banks, Esposito, Mando, Fabian, Dalton and McKean. 

This.  All the cast delivered Emmy-winning performances throughout the series.  Brilliant writing, directing, and cinematography, with equally as brilliant acting.

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Looks like Gilligan has confirmed this is the end of the line for this universe.  I'm ok with that.

https://deadline.com/2022/08/vince-gilligan-better-call-saul-will-likely-be-last-show-breaking-bad-universe-1235089406/

Gilligan wrote and directed El Camino. I believe Gould's involvement was pretty minimal, he doesn't even have a producer credit on the film. Netflix got their movie, G&G got paid handsomely. Gould has signaled he's been done with Breaking Bad for a few years. If Gilligan is out, it's over. 

2 of the top 3 shows in AMC's history. An excellent Netflix movie. Quite a run. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Been watching the marathon today in prep for tonight’s finale and didn’t get the scene in S6, E9, “Fun and Games” where Gus is talking with the waiter in the bar about special wines but then he decides to leave?  What was that about?

My interpretation was that it was Gus enjoying the fantasy of a normal life.  Then he quickly snaps back into his reality.

• Hook 'Em 5

If the ending fits the theme of “punishment fitting the crime” then I’m going with someone (Francesca? Marion?) pulls some big con on Saul and robs him of his diamonds/stash of escape money and leaves him stuck as Gene in his black and white existence forever.

The one thing that will hack me off is if Saul gets a happy ending. He doesn’t deserve it.

• Like 1

Just now, Bama Chick said:

If the ending fits the theme of “punishment fitting the crime” then I’m going with someone (Francesca? Marion?) pulls some big con on Saul and robs him of his diamonds/stash of escape money and leaves him stuck as Gene in his black and white existence forever.

The one thing that will hack me off is if Saul gets a happy ending. He doesn’t deserve it.

Maybe Chuck's ex wife makes an appearance and gets some kind of revenge.

58 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I don't see any way he gets a happy ending, unless he stops by a massage parlor sometime during the episode.  Jeffie is going to turn, Marion already has, Life Alert is going to let the Omaha police Saul is in the neighborhood (which in turn lets the feds know) and so forth.

4 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Been watching the marathon today in prep for tonight’s finale and didn’t get the scene in S6, E9, “Fun and Games” where Gus is talking with the waiter in the bar about special wines but then he decides to leave?  What was that about?

After taking care of the Lalo situation, Gus was probably thinking he could relax a bit, have some normalcy, regular life stuff. But he realizes in that moment he can't possibly form connections or do anything meaningful outside of his empire/operation. There's no time for it and anyone involved with him personally would just be in jeopardy.

• Hook 'Em 2