Better Call Saul: Season 6

Lurch

The presence of the backhoe within the underground chamber makes it pretty trivial to just fire it up and dig a grave.

Speaking of the backhoe…

The tunnel has been backfilled with 420 cubic yards of dirt with a concrete pad on top of that.

And the only way into that chamber is through the hatch in the already completed concrete ceiling and down the staircase.

So how’d they get the backhoe out?

6 minutes ago, Player said:

Speaking of the backhoe…

The tunnel has been backfilled with 420 cubic yards of dirt with a concrete pad on top of that.

And the only way into that chamber is through the hatch in the already completed concrete ceiling and down the staircase.

Breaking Bad" Cat's in the Bag... (TV Episode 2008) - Spoilers and Bloopers  - IMDb

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Player said:

Speaking of the backhoe…

Probably had some of Gus' minions disassemble it.

Aside from that, think of the size of the equipment in the lab in BB.  None of that could come through the roof hatch.

b4573a1260fd20d1420e3eb00fd780d369-04-su

6 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Aside from that, think of the size of the equipment in the lab in BB.  None of that could come through the roof hatch.

The lab in BB had a service elevator.

10 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Arthur so greatly revered the Round Table that he built his castle around it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crony said:

He has Howard telling him in season 4 ep 1 that he didn't think Chuck's death was an accident. Howard thinks it's his fault, even though Jimmy was the one who got Chuck's malpractice insurance raised.

I always assume Jimmy/Kim have a psychic radar to figure out what happened even when they weren't present.  But is this the exception?  I don't think so the way Jimmy was smirking in that scene. 

7 hours ago, TexasGary said:

So Kim was in Nebraska as a child

That was established long ago.   She mentioned in Season 2 she was from a small town on the border of Nebraska and Iowa.

She was also standing outside Red Cloud middle school waiting on her mom while a teen.  Red Cloud is in Nebraska.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

That was established long ago.   She mentioned in Season 2 she was from a small town on the border of Nebraska and Iowa.

She was also standing outside Red Cloud middle school waiting on her mom while a teen.  Red Cloud is in Nebraska.

Except Red Cloud is on the Nebraska/Kansas border.

2 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

Yeah well Kim’s a badass and so is Lalo. Boy is he ever!!

Resolving their story arcs is really all that’s left to tell.

Now it's clear that Kim "broke bad," so she owns whatever happens moving forward. Still feel like we'll get the curve ball that something with Lalo-cartel sends her into hiding vs. anything with Howard ... speaking of - definitely making poor Howard sympathetic. He's a good dude. I'm starting to really dislike Jimmy and Kim for their obsession with "D-Day." It's just mean, vengeful at this point for no reason.

Feel like Lalo gets it in the lab ... he'll probably be buried somewhere that will be LOL reading forward in Breaking Bad, like right under where Walt and Jessie work.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I thought Lalo was still alive during Breaking Bad, or at least Jimmy thinks he's still alive during Breaking Bad.

He mentions Lalo and Nacho during the first meeting with Walt and Jessie in the desert. It is interesting if they're going to be factually consistent:

- Nacho: he's a top lieutenant for the local drug gang, so it is odd that it's been (1-2 years?) and he's not seen or heard from Nacho but assumes he's still calling shots?

- Lalo: definitely more complicated because currently Saul thinks he's dead, so he's going to have to realize he's alive at some point in BCS ... I guess he could be alive in BB, but he seems like too major of a character as capo of the Salamancas he never shows up in BB

Maybe the timeline is closer than I realize, which would make more sense. Speaking of, so what is the consensus of where we are in BB? How far away is Walt's cancer diagnosis from last night's episode, a month or a couple of years? IIRC, Saul seemed pretty established in BB, so I had always assumed there was a 1-2-year gap. EDIT: checking online it seems like BCS is 2004, so we have four years to BB ... so does seem really strange Saul would think Nacho and Lalo were still players in the game in 2008.

Edited by Harrison Bergeron

Solid episode that obviously is a setup for the mid-season cliff hanger.

We all like to speculate on Kim or Lalo but I wonder if Hamlin makes it out of the series alive. I could see him confronting Jimmy at some point when Lalo makes an appearance. Lalo wouldn't have much patience for Howard.

So what is the consensus on the plan to take down Hamlin? I assume that was the first appearance of his wife who has been mentioned before. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We all like to speculate on Kim or Lalo but I wonder if Hamlin makes it out of the series alive. I could see him confronting Jimmy at some point when Lalo makes an appearance. Lalo wouldn't have much patience for Howard.

So what is the consensus on the plan to take down Hamlin? I assume that was the first appearance of his wife who has been mentioned before. 

Stolen from a podcast ... they're going to try and run the Chuck play: 1) give Howard some evidence via the fake picture that Jimmy is bribing the mediator (the money withdrawl, the faked pictures); 2) give Howard whatever drug Jimmy was testing at the vet's place that will make him erratic and jumpy, which they setup with the hookers and blow. Either to cause Howard to lose it completely in a public setting or something divorce HHM and Davis & Main. Like Chuck, he starts making accusations toward the mediator, which would not go well. Not clear if it is just to screw with Howard or to force a settlement with Sandpiper. At this point it just seems vindictive vs. practical.

I'm guessing he lives if disgraced ... he's a high profile civilian, and I think Lalo's too smart to hit him knowing the heat it would bring. My guess is D-Day goes sideways for Jimmy-Kim. I am torn around whether Howard is clever enough to realize he's being conned and Jimmy-Kim are ahead of him (they planned to be followed) or if he's arrogant enough to think he caught them with his P.I.

19 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Stolen from a podcast ... they're going to try and run the Chuck play: 1) give Howard some evidence via the fake picture that Jimmy is bribing the mediator (the money withdrawl, the faked pictures); 2) give Howard whatever drug Jimmy was testing at the vet's place that will make him erratic and jumpy, which they setup with the hookers and blow. Either to cause Howard to lose it completely in a public setting or something divorce HHM and Davis & Main. Like Chuck, he starts making accusations toward the mediator, which would not go well. Not clear if it is just to screw with Howard or to force a settlement with Sandpiper. At this point it just seems vindictive vs. practical.

I'm guessing he lives if disgraced ... he's a high profile civilian, and I think Lalo's too smart to hit him knowing the heat it would bring. My guess is D-Day goes sideways for Jimmy-Kim. I am torn around whether Howard is clever enough to realize he's being conned and Jimmy-Kim are ahead of him (they planned to be followed) or if he's arrogant enough to think he caught them with his P.I.

The plan makes sense but I wouldn't put it past Jimmy and Kim to have a deeper plan either assuming Howard sees through them, or if only to entertain us.

On further thoughts about Lalo and Jimmy, Mike was right that most likely Lalo has bigger fish to fry with Gus and Mike. It would seem that Jimmy may get roped into a scene with Lalo's return to NM but Lalo's story is more involved with Gus and Mike. The storylines get mixed in my head, but to Lalo there isn't a direct connection between Jimmy and Gus. Right? Nacho's betrayal of the Salamancas creates the potential of Jimmy being involved but even to Lalo that would be stretch.

Speaking of people we don't know where they end up in BB or afterwards, what about Mike's granddaughter and daughter in law?

The plan makes sense but I wouldn't put it past Jimmy and Kim to have a deeper plan either assuming Howard sees through them, or if only to entertain us.
On further thoughts about Lalo and Jimmy, Mike was right that most likely Lalo has bigger fish to fry with Gus and Mike. It would seem that Jimmy may get roped into a scene with Lalo's return to NM but Lalo's story is more involved with Gus and Mike. The storylines get mixed in my head, but to Lalo there isn't a direct connection between Jimmy and Gus. Right? Nacho's betrayal of the Salamancas creates the potential of Jimmy being involved but even to Lalo that would be stretch.
Speaking of people we don't know where they end up in BB or afterwards, what about Mike's granddaughter and daughter in law?

The granddaughter was in BB quite a bit of memory serves.

14 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yep I called the shit out of this one. Jimmy’s instincts tell him to back off, and Kim pushes ahead anyway. 

1. Woman gets pissed/wronged/panties in a bunch for whatever reason and puts all logic, reason, and common sense aside in the pursuit of vengeance. 

2. Gets the dude she's banging to co-pilot said vengeance scheme despite his better judgement because, well, "undefeated." 

3. Shit goes sideways.

A tale as old as time.

3 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

This build up needs to pay off.  It is kind of dragging at this point.  And holy shit the commercials are half the show.  Glad I dvr this thing.

No doubt; it's nearly as bad as a Fox CFB game.  No way I could watch live.

3 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Howard ... speaking of - definitely making poor Howard sympathetic. He's a good dude. I'm starting to really dislike Jimmy and Kim for their obsession with "D-Day." It's just mean, vengeful at this point for no reason.

Here Kim has the opportunity she's been dreaming of dropped in her lap, and she's throwing it away to screw Howard/HHM or whatever the hell "D-Day" is supposed to achieve? Unless the the endgame of "D-Day" is getting fewer lawyers involved the final settlement to maximize the return to Sandpiper residents, I don't see what her reasoning is.  Unless its my comment first comment, then, well, as the mailman warned Sheldon: "bitches be cray."

Howard strikes me as more of an ECM Synchronika or Linea Mini than a Breville Barista Express kind of guy, and I say that as someone who happily owns a BBE.  More depth given to Howard's character for sure.

37 minutes ago, DallasHorn26 said:

The granddaughter was in BB quite a bit of memory serves.

Yes, she appeared multiple times.  If only the DEA hadn't kept seizing her nest egg...  IIRC the daughter-in-law only appears in BCS.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

I’m thinking D-Day has something more than just vengeance wrt Howard. Feels like it should have something to do with her bigger life goal of doing good.

Respectfully disagree. I guess the argument could be made that by delaying the settlement, the seasoned citizens may pass without getting the benefit; but I think there are other ways they could do that, i.e. lobby the residents behind the scenes and mobilize them to demand a settlement. IIRC, the thought for Jimmy and Kim was they could get their fees sooner and use that money to fund their practices; but now each has a pretty clear path to standing those up via Lalo or the Mercer Foundation. I could be wrong but seems a mix of vengeance and the joy of the con.

I think the interesting story / psychobabble is Jimmy and Kim's trajectories are converging. Jimmy grew up in a stable, solid home and rebelled to become a screwup con-man. Since the Chicago incident, he's been fighting his nature and trying to do the right thing and live like he was reared. Kim grew up in an unstable, dysfunctional home and rebelled to become a successful attorney. Since she met Jimmy, she's been fighting her nature and becoming the con-woman like she was reared. Both oddly catalyze the other's true nature, and the phone call / broken arm was the dot where the lines cross: Jimmy wants to make the low-risk, safe play while Kim throws her entire future away by pushing forward with D-Day ... given this is BCS/BB universe, cannot see it working out well for her.

• Hook 'Em 1

Since this is only speculation, do we all agree that Jimmy is going to show up at the litigant meeting with an overabundance of old people and/or their relatives. And is there where we would see the potential meltdown by Howard?

I still struggle to still understand why Jimmy and Kim want to destroy Howard to this level. I understand dislike, hatred or general desire to take business away from him. 

I could understand if the point is only to settle the case so Jimmy gets his substantial finders fee on the case but that doesn't seem to be their main motivation.

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Now it feels like they’re setting up for Kim and Saul to accidentally overdose Howard with the drugs from the Vet. I feel bad for Howard so I hope I’m wrong but it certainly doesn’t look good for him right now.

This.  They made a point that Howard only drinks tea.  They give him shit to make him appear high and jittery but it overloads his system, he dies, kim takes the fall, goes to prison and has lots of lesbian shower scenes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Since this is only speculation, do we all agree that Jimmy is going to show up at the litigant meeting with an overabundance of old people and/or their relatives. And is there where we would see the potential meltdown by Howard?

I still struggle to still understand why Jimmy and Kim want to destroy Howard to this level. I understand dislike, hatred or general desire to take business away from him. 

I could understand if the point is only to settle the case so Jimmy gets his substantial finders fee on the case but that doesn't seem to be their main motivation.

Not sure if Jimmy actually shows up, but the P.I. shares with Howard that the mediator took a bribe from Jimmy (or someone else), and they catalyzes the drug-induced meltdown. Big open question if he's not there is how they get the meds to Howard. Seems like if he was going to be there he would not need to trick the daughter for the WebEx info ... I just assumed he'd listen or maybe pretend to be a claimant. Guessing that's the consistent tragedy of the show - the characters always made bad, selfish decisions and usually when they're the closest to an exit.

12 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I thought Lalo was still alive during Breaking Bad, or at least Jimmy thinks he's still alive during Breaking Bad.

This doesn't have to be the case, unless G&G thinks it has to be the case.

Saul doesn't have to know that Nacho and Lalo are dead. 

Saul is being held at gunpoint by two masked goons.  Saul doesn't know if they know that Nacho and Lalo are dead.

Saul may know they are dead but is leading the goons to think he is unaware.

Saul didn't exactly know why they took him in the desert but may want to make them think he's involved with someone else.

Oh and in a pre-BCS interview, Odenkirk said the thing about Saul is that he tries any line to convince the other person.  If it doesn't work Saul tries something else, even if it contradicts what he just said.

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

10 hours ago, Fletch said:

Gilligan and co are typically nails with casting 

Howard's woman is played by Sandra or Sandrine Holt.  She is one of my favorite Candian journeywomen as she keeps showing up in those magnificent scifi/horror pieces.  The actor who plays Howard is also I believe from up north. 

Edited by notre dame joe

7 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

Now it feels like they’re setting up for Kim and Saul to accidentally overdose Howard with the drugs from the Vet. I feel bad for Howard so I hope I’m wrong but it certainly doesn’t look good for him right now.

I like this one. I could see Howard not dying, but getting sick enough that he can’t work anymore. It could be as simple as Howard is allergic to the drug they’re using on him. Kim takes the rap and negotiates  a plea deal exonerating Jimmy. 

Jimmy is heartbroken and becomes a big piece of shit in the Breaking Bad timeline.

As many have pointed out, the phone call Jimmy insists Francesca be present for could be Kim calling for prison. I’m not sure on prison phone rules, but I could see her and Jimmy having an arranged call every week/month. 

I hope they jump ahead and we get to see the call. 

While I think a Jimmy-Kim Nebraska Reunion would be a little soft for the Breaking Bad universe, it would be well received. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis