Better Call Saul: Season 6

Lurch

i don't want to read last two pages of thread bc i haven't watched yet 😜

but does anybody else have an AMC+ subscription via Amazon Prime they're trying to watch it on... and it's showing a per episode charge?? i thought with the AMC+ subscription it would be free! 😝

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

Howard wasn't in the game. 

Yep. Holy fucking shit. Loved some of the little breaking bad call backs. Kim walking up to Gus’s place like Walt did. Jimmy on the ground staring a dude he had a complicated relationship with but at the end of the day, I think he truly liked and respected the guy. Like Walt when jack kills hank in the dessert. He didn’t wanna do any of that shit, slippin Kimmy put that shit into motion. Gus standing over an enemy he just killed. Mike cleaning up the mess sort of like when he cleans up Janes deal. Then Howard and Lalo being buried together like bizzaro Hank and Gomie. I’m sure I’m missing some but holy fucking shit that was nuts!!!!

That’s one of the finest damn episodes we’ve had here in the country bunker in a lonnnggggg time 

40 minutes ago, mchookem said:

but does anybody else have an AMC+ subscription via Amazon Prime they're trying to watch it on... and it's showing a per episode charge?? i thought with the AMC+ subscription it would be free! 😝

Can’t quite make ends meet with everything? Think you might need to break bad

5 minutes ago, Topper13 said:

Episode 5. He stashes the gun, and loosens the elctrical cable (also counts the steps to the Bobcat, etc...fucking calculated as a motherfucker):

Edited by Topper13
Was meant to be an edit of the above post. Furk.

So I assume when they kind of "come down" from this, there's going to be some confrontation between Kim and Jimmy regarding Jimmy insisting she be the one who goes to kill Gus?

Or was that obviously in Kim's best interest (IE Jimmy assumed Lalo was going to kill whomever stayed in the apartment and he was putting himself in harm's way) and I just missed it?

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

So I assume when they kind of "come down" from this, there's going to be some confrontation between Kim and Jimmy regarding Jimmy insisting she be the one who goes to kill Gus?

Or was that obviously in Kim's best interest (IE Jimmy assumed Lalo was going to kill whomever stayed in the apartment and he was putting himself in harm's way) and I just missed it?

The latter. Getting her out of the apartment was the safest choice. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hornian said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure of that in the moment.

I had admittedly forgotten that in the previous episodes, Mike was in communication with Jimmy and Kim and telling them they had his back.

5 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure of that in the moment.

I had admittedly forgotten that in the previous episodes, Mike was in communication with Jimmy and Kim and telling them they had his back.

Actually only Kim. He didn’t tell Jimmy. And Kim didn’t tell Jimmy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Pretty sure she mentioned something later in the episode once Mike got her that Saul got her out of the apartment or something to save her. Instead of running or going to police like Saul wanted her to, she tried to go through with it to save Saul.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It seemed to me that it took until the last moment when they were saying goodbye for Kim to grasp that he was just trying to get her out of the apartment, though I suppose she might have understood sooner and was simply acting natural in order to keep Lalo from sniffing her out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I don't think Jimmy wanted Kim to kill Gus.  I think he just wanted Kim to get out of the apartment thinking that she would probably do something other than kill Gus. 

I love how when Gus hears that Jimmy talked Lalo out of a plan, he knew the real plan was something else.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hornian said:

Yep.  Jimmy thought Lalo was certainly going to kill (or rape and kill if it were Kim) whomever was left at the apartment.  He got Kim out of there and was willing to sacrifice himself to save her.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Quagmire said:

So why was mike sad

I think because at this point, Mike still has something left of his soul, and realizes that Howard didn't deserve what happened.  As stated above, Howard wasn't in the game, and only became involved because Kim and Jimmy decided it would be a good idea to fuck with him.  Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if this was the impetus for Kim to disappear before the BB timeline.  She now realizes that she is in WAY over her head, and can no longer stay with Jimmy/Saul, and can no longer stay in Albuquerque.

52 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Yep.  Jimmy thought Lalo was certainly going to kill (or rape and kill if it were Kim) whomever was left at the apartment.  He got Kim out of there and was willing to sacrifice himself to save her.   

Exactly, Jimmy was willing to die for Kim at that moment.  He just wanted her out of there, hoping that she understood what he was doing and thinking - "just run, and don't come back".

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

I love how when Gus hears that Jimmy talked Lalo out of a plan, he knew the real plan was something else.  

Did he realize that the plan was something else, or was he impressed with Jimmy's apparent persuasiveness?

I was a little unclear about how Gus anticipated the location of their final confrontation with the stashed gun, and how Gus knew that Lalo would be at the laundry instead of at Jimmy's apartment or elsewhere. 

6 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Did he realize that the plan was something else, or was he impressed with Jimmy's apparent persuasiveness?

I was a little unclear about how Gus anticipated the location of their final confrontation with the stashed gun, and how Gus knew that Lalo would be at the laundry instead of at Jimmy's apartment or elsewhere. 

Gus knew that Lalo sending Kim (or Jimmy for that matter) to Gus's house would cause Mike and their team to go back to Jimmy/Kim's house since they previously had surveillance on the house.  That would take people away from the Laundry guarding the property, and give Lalo a better chance to get in there and find the lab.  Gus knows that Lalo knows about the lab and had been trying to prove it, so that was the only logical location of their confrontation.  

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, mchookem said:

Had the same issue. The prime UI is shit. Just click on it and it will run. You won't be charged twice  

4 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Had the same issue. The prime UI is shit. Just click on it and it will run. You won't be charged twice  

*still avoiding all other posts lol*

after some googling it does appear to be a problem - there's a whole reddit thread about it.

ok, i'll try clicking 'watch ep for $2.99' and see what happens (that's what you meant, right?)

either way they clearly haven't got these apps working well together yet. the funny thing is everything ELSE on AMC+ is working fine, BCS is the only thing jacked up. 

thanks for the tip! /thatswhatshesaid

8 minutes ago, mchookem said:

*still avoiding all other posts lol*

after some googling it does appear to be a problem - there's a whole reddit thread about it.

ok, i'll try clicking 'watch ep for $2.99' and see what happens (that's what you meant, right?)

either way they clearly haven't got these apps working well together yet. the funny thing is everything ELSE on AMC+ is working fine, BCS is the only thing jacked up. 

thanks for the tip! /thatswhatshesaid

Yes. Touch it anyway. No matter what it says.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fletch said:

Yep. Holy fucking shit. Loved some of the little breaking bad call backs. Kim walking up to Gus’s place like Walt did. Jimmy on the ground staring a dude he had a complicated relationship with but at the end of the day, I think he truly liked and respected the guy. Like Walt when jack kills hank in the dessert. He didn’t wanna do any of that shit, slippin Kimmy put that shit into motion. Gus standing over an enemy he just killed. Mike cleaning up the mess sort of like when he cleans up Janes deal. Then Howard and Lalo being buried together like bizzaro Hank and Gomie. I’m sure I’m missing some but holy fucking shit that was nuts!!!!

That’s one of the finest damn episodes we’ve had here in the country bunker in a lonnnggggg time 

Also, Jimmy repeats the line from Breaking Bad, "It wasn't me it was Ignacio."

The scenes of Howard the last 1+ episodes have been so intense. Showing him getting killed wasn't enough. We then see him stuffed inside a refrigerator and buried with his murderer in a secret drug cave, while Mike asks Gus's guys to drop him in the grave gently, as if there can be any dignity left for him at that point. Gilligan does an incredible job of making an initially unlikable character into one you feel so much sympathy for.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Pokoloco said:

There was no reason for Lalo to not kill Jimmy. That's my only issue.  Great show.

Having a lawyer by the balls could come in handy.  I'm assuming that was why Lalo gagged him and left without killing him.

Lalo figured he'd survive the encounter with Gus, and thought Jimmy would be useful in the future.

3 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Did Lalo actually think that Kim or Jimmy would get access to Gus, much less shoot him?  I can't imagine he did.

I think he just used that as a distraction to get into the laundromat knowing gus would go there. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Juicy said:

I think he just used that as a distraction to get into the laundromat knowing gus would go there. 

That, or maybe he just wanted to get into the laundromat to get the proof of the lab and Gus winding up there was a bonus.

• Hook 'Em 3