Better Call Saul: Season 6

Lurch

17 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

that doesn't sound silly and sloppy to you? he's, what, stalking her, waiting to put some extra snow in her path? that's logical to you? no, i don't think i can get on board with that. jimmy's plots and schemes have been way too convoluted, sloppy, and risky for him to be batting 1.000 ever since Tuco's abuelita ran over the regard twins. you can't just explain away every little thing like this by saying, "well he planned that."

He knows she's Jeff's mom.  He knows Jeff knows who he is.  He can't afford for Jeff to fuck him over and give him up to the FED's.  He knows the easiest way to make that shit go away is to slide into her life as a helpful hand and force shitty Jeff's ass to shut his mouth.  It's the same thing he did with half the people on the Sandpiper case.  It's who Jimmy/Saul is.  Use someone to get what you need, and make sure that person is tied up in shit if they rebuke you.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

so how did he find carol burnett? how did he have such a grasp of her routine that he was able to be lying in wait with his extra snow? and why do all of his "extra snow" type capers always go off without a hitch? it does not "make perfect sense". 

We don’t see his life 24/7. We have to assume he did some homework. 

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He knows she's Jeff's mom.  He knows Jeff knows who he is.  He can't afford for Jeff to fuck him over and give him up to the FED's.  He knows the easiest way to make that shit go away is to slide into her life as a helpful hand and force shitty Jeff's ass to shut his mouth.  It's the same thing he did with half the people on the Sandpiper case.  It's who Jimmy/Saul is.  Use someone to get what you need, and make sure that person is tied up in shit if they rebuke you.  

how much time did he spend with those people on the sandpiper case? months? where has this constantly-looking-over-his-shoulder, fbi's most wanted, frightened fugitive found the time to plan and then execute all of this?

Edited by shadow_operative

15 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

that was a cheap slippin jimmy episode not even a saul episode.  it was ceratinly the BCS version of "the fly"

This episode had one job - resolve the Jeff the Cab Driver threat.  Could that have been handled differently?  Sure.  Could it have been better?  Oh yes.  Was it "The Fly"? No, not that bad, imo.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i can't believe that i have to keep posting this year after year, thread after thread, show after show:

1)your show is not perfect

2)people are allowed to criticize your show. this is not your safe space. 

if you can't handle any criticisms of your show then put me on ignore or just simply grow the fuck up and get over it, move on, don't care. christ. 

Let's see.  What/WHo sounds worse...

Someone who likes a show and nitpicks things to understand them a bit better or someone who scouts out other shows that other people like and nitpicks absolutely regarded shit about those shows in endless, mindless, drivel by the way, just to shit all over them while trying to act as the arbiter of all that is sane and sound?  

It's like you can't understand how idiotic and simpleton you look by continuously doing this.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

and for all that, now he has to go watch jerry eat cinnabon and talk husker football every day for the rest of ever.

I was trying to figure out how we would get out of that. But the last part of the conversation, albeit not part of the plan, would help him avoid any additional trips to the security area. He made it sufficiently awkward enough for Gerry to expect him not to come back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

Let's see.  What/WHo sounds worse...

Someone who likes a show and nitpicks things to understand them a bit better or someone who scouts out other shows that other people like and nitpicks absolutely regarded shit about those shows in endless, mindless, drivel by the way, just to shit all over them while trying to act as the arbiter of all that is sane and sound?  

It's like you can't understand how idiotic and simpleton you look by continuously doing this.  

i cent even decipher what it is that you think you're saying here, but please don't let it stop you from melting down because someone doesn't think your favorite show is perfect.

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

how much time did he spend with those people on the sandpiper case? months? where has this constantly-looking-over-his-shoulder, fbi's most wanted, frightened fugitive found the time to plan and then execute all of this?

I don't know.  Seems like someone that comes home every night and turns on the Police chatter station to make sure people aren't out to get him might do some fucking homework on someone he knows is out there that knows who he really is.  Fuck

Just now, Trey3216 said:

I don't know.  Seems like someone that comes home every night and turns on the Police chatter station to make sure people aren't out to get him might do some fucking homework on someone he knows is out there that knows who he really is.  Fuck

again, i have no idea why this is so upsetting to you. and again, you keep posting things that i my support my point. gene is arguably the most wanted man in america and is extremely paranoid and constantly looking over his shoulder. where did he find the time and temerity to stalk carol burnett to the ooont of knowing her every day routine? to go out and print up the fake dog posters? to gather his "extra snow" and then lay it down on the concrete before she got there? the answer: it. does. not. make. sense. it doesn't add up. i'm sorry if that's too much for you to handle, but it doesn't add up.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

i was just recapping the episode to my mom, and i kept finding myself saying, "this caper is silly", and "i can't really explain how that happened, but whatever." example: how in the hell could gene have possibly known that carole burnett's rascal scooter was going to get stuck in the snow in that exact spot? makes absolutely no sense. and why was it necessary for him to have the missing dog backstory? again, it makes no sense

Well she did say that the  snow was not there when she went to the store, so it’s possible that Saul  packed just enough snow on the up ramp of the sidewalk to stall her/prevent the scooter to move 

Nippy was simply a story to give him an excuse for standing there putting the posters up and to appear as a “good guy” 

Edited by jdhorn92

7 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

brian cox agamenon lol.gif

explain it to me. what in the hell does this mean:

"scouts out other shows that other people like and nitpicks absolutely regarded shit about those shows in endless, mindless, drivel by the way, just to shit all over them while trying to act as the arbiter of all that is sane and sound?"

seriously, what does any of that mean? i don't think it's feasible that gene, in a span of, what, days, was able to find, stalk, and nail the routine of carol burnett, all while constantly looking over his shoulder in fear, and that, equals this ^^^? how? what shows am i "scouting"? what about my slight incredulity equals "shitting all over them while trying to act as the arbiter of all that is sane and sound?"

jesus christ, sounds like baby needs a bottle.

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i cent even decipher what it is that you think you're saying here, but please don't let it stop you from melting down because someone doesn't think your favorite show is perfect.

Let me put it simply...for you

-Is person A better because they nitpick a show they like because there's a few inconsistencies about it, but that person is just trying to reason and make sense of those inconsistencies.  And when a few reasonable, like-minded folks do the same, they may come up with something resembling a logical explanation?????? 

OR

-Person B who seeks out things that they may or may not like, helicopter spreads shit all over everything like a well-fed angry hippo, and claims that none of it makes sense, all the while not acknowledging that some other people who also nitpicked had come to some semblance of logic???

I'll let you do the detective work here and figure out where everyone falls.  

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

again, i have no idea why this is so upsetting to you. and again, you keep posting things that i my support my point. gene is arguably the most wanted man in america and is extremely paranoid and constantly looking over his shoulder. where did he find the time and temerity to stalk carol burnett to the ooont of knowing her every day routine? to go out and print up the fake dog posters? to gather his "extra snow" and then lay it down on the concrete before she got there? the answer: it. does. not. make. sense. it doesn't add up. i'm sorry if that's too much for you to handle, but it doesn't add up.

Dude has a mustache now. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Let me put it simply...for you

-Is person A better because they nitpick a show they like because there's a few inconsistencies about it, but that person is just trying to reason and make sense of those inconsistencies.  And when a few reasonable, like-minded folks do the same, they may come up with something resembling a logical explanation?????? 

OR

-Person B who seeks out things that they may or may not like, helicopter spreads shit all over everything like a well-fed angry hippo, and claims that none of it makes sense, all the while not acknowledging that some other people who also nitpicked had come to some semblance of logic???

I'll let you do the detective work here and figure out where everyone falls.  

put me on ignore. or grow up, either one. you have completely unraveled over the smallest thing. 

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

put me on ignore. or grow up, either one. you have completely unraveled over the smallest thing. 

I'm not the one who came in here and decided to act like I was Nostradamus and Einstein rolled into one about a fictional tv show, then get angry when 8-10 other people tried to tell me about how my ideas weren't clairvoyant or groundbreaking.  

I don't put people on ignore, such a pussy move.  

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but in a previous Gene scene, after he’d been made (by Jeff?), he called the vacuum guy to set him up again, but changed his mind before going through with it. I think we can infer now that he probably decided at that point that he’d handle it another way, which we watched last night.

I mean he manages a Cinnabon, in public. He’s not a hermit in hiding, but certainly has days and time off where he can look into Jeff and subsequently, Marion. The scheme was pretty simple anyway, especially looking back at the cons he’s made over his career.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

I think we can reasonably assume Gene spent ample time familiarizing himself with Marion’s routine so that he could execute his plan using her to confront Jeff.  Not sure why that’s so outlandish.

when? how? the guy shits bricks every time someone looks at him for more than two seconds. he's literally no.1 on the fbi's most wanted list. he lives in a constant mode of fight or flight. when and how did THAT guy find time to just mosey around omaha, stalking this woman so that he could anticipate exactly where she'd be at an exact time. nobody can answer this, for one simple reason: it doesn't add up! and that should be ok. the show isn't infallible. but that's just not how things work around here.

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I'm not the one who came in here and decided to act like I was Nostradamus and Einstein rolled into one about a fictional tv show, then get angry when 8-10 other people tried to tell me about how my ideas weren't clairvoyant or groundbreaking.  

I don't put people on ignore, such a pussy move.  

then grow up. you're acting like a petulant child because i'm asking questions about a show you like. 

Just now, Quagmire said:

Lol it s hilarious how he freaks out when someone disagrees or explains something then contends they are the ones losing their shit

??? are you confusing me with trey? do you see me freaking out?

44 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

explain it to me. what in the hell does this mean:

"scouts out other shows that other people like and nitpicks absolutely regarded shit about those shows in endless, mindless, drivel by the way, just to shit all over them while trying to act as the arbiter of all that is sane and sound?"

seriously, what does any of that mean? i don't think it's feasible that gene, in a span of, what, days, was able to find, stalk, and nail the routine of carol burnett, all while constantly looking over his shoulder in fear, and that, equals this ^^^? how? what shows am i "scouting"? what about my slight incredulity equals "shitting all over them while trying to act as the arbiter of all that is sane and sound?"

jesus christ, sounds like baby needs a bottle.

Why are you framing it as if Gene has only had a few days to observe Marian’s routine? The implication from Gene and Jeff’s first conversation in the episode was that if Jeff was going to turn in Gene, he would have done so already and that Jeff was trying to leverage the relationship so he could get in on “the game.” Gene could’ve had more than just a couple of days to observe her routine. All that being said, it’s also a tv show in which a fast food chain manager builds an underground industrial methlab, yet you’re concerned about how Gene knew Marian’s routine? That’s far from the biggest reality check in the Breaking Bad universe.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

when? how? the guy shits bricks every time someone looks at him for more than two seconds. he's literally no.1 on the fbi's most wanted list. he lives in a constant mode of fight or flight. when and how did THAT guy find time to just mosey around omaha, stalking this woman so that he could anticipate exactly where she'd be at an exact time. nobody can answer this, for one simple reason: it doesn't add up! and that should be ok. the show isn't infallible. but that's just not how things work around here.

You keep equating his being a wanted fugitive with a lack of time to research/find somebody and observe their routine.  Being a fugitive is a lot of things but it doesn't necessarily leave you pressed for time.  His only time commitment seems to be his job.  And it seems odd to think he'd be scared to leave his house when he's front/center at business in a mall by which tons of people pass every single day.

He clearly works the evening shift at Cinnabon, so he's got plenty of time during the day to watch Jeff's house and he's got all day/evening on his day's off.  So he discerned that she scooted her way to the grocery store every Wednesday or whenever.  The printed up some missing dog posters, packed a bunch of snow into an ice ramp on the sidewalk (actually I thought he'd elevated a paving stone that was blocking her progress, but whatever) and thus had the opportunity to talk to her.

He spent some weeks establishing the Cinnabon eating schedule so that was straightforward enough.  We don't know how much time he invested in finding out where Jeff lived and then discovering his mom who took shopping trips on her scooter.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

None of that is believable. It would never happen. But its a show.....

hate to single you out, because lots have said it, but we need to stop with the whole, "believable" angle.  thinking a science teacher can't be a meth kingpin is probably an accurate thought, but this one is, that's why it's a tv show.  it doesn't matter if you "believe" it, and it shouldn't affect other parts of the same show/universe.  you can't look at other implausible shit and say, "well all of it is nonsense or none of it is".  it doesn't work like that.

if jesse left the underground torture chamber, went into a cave, came out in his batmobile, turned out to be batman, and the batmobile flew away, you wouldn't say, "well, i'm ok with that, because there has been other shit that i also thought was unbelievable and i've come to terms with all of it on a binary scale."

it's ok to give writers/producers some license or some latitude, and it's ok to suspend disbelief whenever you feel like it.  but you can't explain x by pointing out what happened with y.  let y tell its own story.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

I was curious too.  Wasn't this right after Texas played Bama for the national championship mostly with a backup qb?  Not that the guard could have known the next 12 years...

We were on a 2 game losing streak heading into that game.  On a totally unrelated note, fuck SBbruin and Chitowndoc.  And then in the weeks right after that fuck Al4isu and bearschlong. There's 3 other posters in there somewhere I should insult but I'm too lazy to look it up.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Not a cat said:

We were on a 2 game losing streak heading into that game.  On a totally unrelated note, fuck SBbruin and Chitowndoc.  And then in the weeks right after that fuck Al4isu and bearschlong. There's 3 other posters in there somewhere I should insult but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Let's be clear that after starting the season 3-0 we won only 2 games the rest of the way... Florida Atlantic at home and that game against top 5 Nebraska in Lincoln.

We knew they wanted revenge so bad for the Greg Davis + Colt McCoy almost goat fucking the Big XII Championship and national championship but getting bailed out by luck (not the refs) to the point they had already announced they were going to the B1G. Despite all their rage they were still just a rat in a cage. I wish we still had @THUJONE's MS Paint regaling of the weekend in Nebraska.  It would perhaps put this thread back on track.

Oh and the episode sucked overall.

Edited by Pimphand
  • Hook 'Em 1

One thing I remember about that shitty season, other than the glorious Nebraska game.

After the Rice game there was a long write up about the new and improved power offense.  It had GDGD talking to Gilbert and he said something to the effect of "getting 10 yards on that 3rd and 15 for Mack Brown gave Mack Brown the chance to go for a field goal instead of punting".  Not we or us or Texas but Mack Brown. Who the fuck talks like that? Other than some kind of sycophantic yes man who owes his whole career to a narcissist? 

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

Oh look, another train wreck that wasn’t his fault despite somehow always being the guy in the train wreck.

well, facts are facts, and you choosing to ignore them or simply being too blind to see them won't change reality. i didn't attack or insult anyone; i didn't spaz out and lose my mind over someone else's opinion; i didn't bombasticize someone else's benign incredulity; i posted my thoughts about the plausibility of last nights episode, and then several other posters besides me behaved in the ways that i've described above. the old, "well we all agree with each other therefore we are right" argument does not hold water (see: flat earthers, anti vaxxers, election fraud conspiracy theorists, etc).

btw, the idea that i'm the sole common denominator is on its face ridiculous. it's the same several people who lose their minds and engage me in these same discussions every time. i'm not running around the thread freaking out on multiple posters; the inverse of that is happening. i think that most of you are too invested at this point to ever allow yourselves to see or acknowledge that, but it's the truth.

edit-one more pertinent fact: there have been many occasions where someone was critical of a tv show that i like within the dedicated thread of that tv show, and i have never once gotten upset by that, much less visibly lost my mind and then derailed the thread over it. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

well, facts are facts, and you choosing to ignore them or simply being too blind to see them won't change reality. i didn't attack or insult anyone; i didn't spaz out and lose my mind over someone else's opinion; i didn't bombasticize someone else's benign incredulity; i posted my thoughts about the plausibility of last nights episode, and then several other posters besides me behaved in the ways that i've described above. the old, "well we all agree with each other therefore we are right" argument does not hold water (see: flat earthers, anti vaxxers, election fraud conspiracy theorists, etc).

btw, the idea that i'm the sole common denominator is on its face ridiculous. it's the same several people who lose their minds and engage me in these same discussions every time. i'm not running around the thread freaking out on multiple posters; the inverse of that is happening. i think that most of you are too invested at this point to ever allow yourselves to see or acknowledge that, but it's the truth.

edit-one more pertinent fact: there have been many occasions where someone was critical of a tv show that i like within the dedicated thread of that tv show, and i have never once gotten upset by that, much less visibly lost my mind and then derailed the thread over it. 

You were probably the guy at the theater watching The Departed screaming that the movie sucked because there was a “happy song” playing while a clearly fake rat ran across the banister at the end, and whines about how that had nothing to do with the movie.   
Irs not the questions you ask, it’s the manner in which you go about clubbing baby seals.   

Edited by Trey3216

Fucking stop

You were probably the guy at the theater watching The Departed screaming that the movie sucked because there was a “happy song” playing while a clearly fake rat ran across the banister at the end, and whines about how that had nothing to do with the movie.   
Irs not the questions you ask, it’s the manner in which you go about clubbing baby seals.   

You should feel bad about this shit shit post
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

example: how in the hell could gene have possibly known that carole burnett's rascal scooter was going to get stuck in the snow in that exact spot? makes absolutely no sense. and why was it necessary for him to have the missing dog backstory? again, it makes no sense.

She says "This wasn't here before" when she gets stuck. Gene/Saul put it there. The lost dog posters was just an elaborate excuse to be standing there.

1 hour ago, dcbc said:

Best episode yet.  There is no counterargument.

It was really enjoyable to watch. It was not tense or very dramatic but I have come to enjoy Jimmy's schemes as much as I do the cartel crap. The Howard scheme was a little much because the why still rings a little hollow to me but the art of the scheme and the way Odenkirk pulls them off is a lot of fun to watch. Jimmy/Saul will be missed. Maybe Gene catches the bug again after dipping back in to tie off the threat from Jeffie and we get a Cinnabon Gene spinoff. Kidding, but I would watch. 

• Hook 'Em 1