Better Call Saul: Season 6

Lurch

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Main strikes me as the Matlock type. I think he eventually figures out what Kim and Jimmy are up to. The unintended consequences will be fun to watch. 

Yup. And I imagine Kim is gonna bear the brunt of the consequences, too.

26 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Yup. And I imagine Kim is gonna bear the brunt of the consequences, too.

I think you guys are right - otherwise it does not make sense. I'll put my $5 on Saul weasels out of getting caught somehow and leaves Kim holding the bag, which splits their relationship and lands her disbarred and in the pokey.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I think you guys are right - otherwise it does not make sense. I'll put my $5 on Saul weasels out of getting caught somehow and leaves Kim holding the bag, which splits their relationship and lands her disbarred and in the pokey.

Yep something like that. Jimmy ruins Kim. Kim wants him out of her live forever.

I never bought the Gene - Kim reunion in Nebraska fairy tale theory. This is the Breaking Bad universe. Not When Harry Met Sally. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:
  Hide contents

It was the only way to preserve future BB timeline, otherwise it's war between Fring and the Salamancas.  And Nacho was noble.  In the game, but played it straight.  He died because of this.

Spoiler

Plus, I think he decided to really act out the lie so to ensure Gus would never want to harm his dad ever. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Spoiler

Michael Mando…. What a performance and a character in a series full of both. When he called his dad…”Adios mijo. Adios papa.” The finality of it. I wanted Nacho to make it out alive, but there are no happe endings in BB/BCS -verse.  I loved how he told Hector; went out on his terms.

56 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:
  Hide contents

It was the only way to preserve future BB timeline, otherwise it's war between Fring and the Salamancas.  And Nacho was noble.  In the game, but played it straight.  He died because of this.

And this. Everyone in the scene, bar one, we knew survives into BB. Despite this painted corner, Giliigan fucking nailed the episode. Great, great television  

At this point, Jimmy and Kim are the sidebar to the Cartel storylines. 

The bar for my television viewing is so incredibly high because of this series. Cinematography, writing, acting… so great at all aspects. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Lalo being alive is the game changer - both sides know that Nacho was there.

Nacho really had no other play other than to secure protection for his dad.

Cartel life is brutal business.

Kim’s line about it will probably carry more weight than we are giving it - HHM is peanuts compared to dealing with the cartel.

”Do you want to be friends with the cartel or do you want to be a rat?”

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

Lalo being alive is the game changer - both sides know that Nacho was there.

Nacho really had no other play other than to secure protection for his dad.

Cartel life is brutal business.

Kim’s line about it will probably carry more weight than we are giving it - HHM is peanuts compared to dealing with the cartel.

”Do you want to be friends with the cartel or do you want to be a rat?”

Another great juxtaposition - Kim:Jimmy::Papa Varga:Nacho. They both chose unwisely.

11 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

why the fuck is everything being put in spoiler tags?  once the episode airs it is fair game is it not?

There isn't clear etiquette in the world of time shifted viewing. Generally I agree that once an episode airs, someone should avoid threads or accept they may see something they didn't mean to.

Spoiler

Darth Vader is Luke's dad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There isn't clear etiquette in the world of time shifted viewing. Generally I agree that once an episode airs, someone should avoid threads or accept they may see something they didn't mean to.

Reveal hidden contents

Darth Vader is Luke's dad.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

I ran across this guy's youtube videos last week, he does a fantastic job at breaking down the episodes, finding easter eggs and connections, split second scenes that you probably wouldn't notice unless you went back and watched the episode a few times...  The breakdown of last week's premier is really good as well..

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Another great juxtaposition - Kim:Jimmy::Papa Varga:Nacho. They both chose unwisely.

they seem to maintain parallelism.  So I progress my prediction.  Kim will have to fall on her legal sword and do it in a way that saves Saul.  Then it would make sense for her to retreat to Omaha. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I've still got some quibbles with the way the whole thing went down and the chicken org taking some unnecessary risks. That said, can someone remind me who Alvarez is? 

Who is Alvarez? Did I miss something or is it the first time he’s been mentioned in the BB/BCS universe?

Just now, MrBig said:

Who is Alvarez? Did I miss something or is it the first time he’s been mentioned in the BB/BCS universe?

I read a couple articles on it. A few different theories out there. Gus made him up, or he’s a real Peruvian drug lord that the characters are aware of. The general consensus is that he won’t appear in the show or be brought up again because this would be very unusual for Gould/Gilligan. 

Alvarez has never been referenced on Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul until last night. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I ran across this guy's youtube videos last week, he does a fantastic job at breaking down the episodes, finding easter eggs and connections, split second scenes that you probably wouldn't notice unless you went back and watched the episode a few times...  The breakdown of last week's premier is really good as well..

That was good

Regarding why Saul is on the run, discussed on the previous page:

I'd always assumed it was obvious, given that Skylar would've told the Feds in great detail how Saul had arranged all of their money laundering in exchange for his cut, and I don't recall if she was privy to any other crimes he committed.  He's not on the run from anyone in narco trafficking, but from the marshals.

Did anyone else have a different take on that?

• Hook 'Em 3

they seem to maintain parallelism.  So I progress my prediction.  Kim will have to fall on her legal sword and do it in a way that saves Saul.  Then it would make sense for her to retreat to Omaha. 

Kim to Nebraska is not apparent to me. She only had bad memories there. I’m not speculating nothing; we’re all going to get bamboozled.

Not to keep hyping this guy's channel but he knows his shit.  This brings up some laughable theories but also some pretty good ones, the last one I could see happening.

That was pretty good.

I think Kim is alive post BB and is connected to whoever is following Gene in Omaha. I think her and Jimmie/Gene have some kind of encounter where they know the other is alive, and that’s the end of it. No embrace, no getting back together. Just knowledge of each other’s continued existence
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

Not to keep hyping this guy's channel but he knows his shit.  This brings up some laughable theories but also some pretty good ones, the last one I could see happening.

How about a tl/dr? I'm not spending 17 minutes watching fan fiction.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

if someone hasn't seen the episode then they shouldn't come clicking on the thread where everyone is talking about the episode. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

this kind of "common courtesy" reminds me of people who get to a four way stop before the other cars, but then insist on telling the other cars to go first. there's already an order in place that's very simple to follow, and while you might have good intentions, you're just making it harder on everyone. don't come into the thread right after a new episode airs if you haven't watched the episode. if you do come into the thread and get spoiled, that's on you. 

I don't post in spoilers forever.  I post in spoilers for a day after the episode. That post was right after the show ended, within minutes.  And just like people shouldn't click on a thread if they don't want key details revealed, you don't have to click on my spoiler tagged post. 

You get bothered by the stupidest crap.  I'm sure you are a blast at 4 way stops.

• Hook 'Em 1