2022 Texas High School Football

texifornia

25 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Treaty Oak,

The San Antonio area is coming for you (Westlake). Brennan’s QB is electric and his little brother is the main WR.

I’ve been officiating them since they were in Jr. High/sub-varsity - just saying.

Hook’em!

Thanks so much for doing what you do. If someone is going to take down down Westlake, this is the year. 

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

It was fun knowing you, LT football prowess. Now go get your shinebox

(also a new school in a district getting its own full size stadium is an offensive/stupid waste of money) 

It hasn't been voted on yet so not so fast....and if you don't pay LTISD taxes why would they care what your opinion is on the subject? All the Lewisville ISD schools have on campus stadiums, is that offensive?

Edited by Dennis Taylor

51 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

It hasn't been voted on yet so not so fast....and if you don't pay LTISD taxes why would they care what your opinion is on the subject? All the Lewisville ISD schools have on campus stadiums, is that offensive?

I never asked anyone to care about my opinion. And yes, that’s a very stupid waste of money. If they ever want me to care about their robin hood money complaints I’ll have a very hard time finding sympathy, especially now. In the valley every multi-school district shares a stadium. Same story in SA, except for the totally well-functioning & high performing Southwest ISD. It saves millions and the schools/players/parents deal with it fine.

• Hook 'Em 5

It’s game week!!! Let’s get the games going and hopefully Mother Nature doesn’t rain on our parade. Good luck to all of those that are involved: players, coaches, cheer, band, spirit squad, parents, teachers/admin working the games, referees and etc. A lot of people have time “vested” into this opportunity for all involved.

Here’s a GOOD LUCK to 2022! Enjoy it while you can, because it’ll be over sooner than you think it will, especially for the Senior Class of ‘22/23.

Hook’em!

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, cmontexas said:

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

I know it didn’t actually happen like that but that was one of the best sports movie speeches ever. Billy Bob aced that role. 

Great freaking movie,  I'd be ashamed to admit to how many times I've watched it, or how many times I've read the book. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/21/2022 at 9:45 PM, Helobious said:

It was fun knowing you, LT football prowess. Now go get your shinebox

(also a new school in a district getting its own full size stadium is an offensive/stupid waste of money) 

Looks like LT wants to avoid what some other suburban ISD's get from  their detractors inside their districts  thinking they favor a certain high school (see Katy High) and give each school their own showcase stadium.  Upside is now most ISD's have to put it on the ballot as a separate issue unless they can find a direct academic use to the facility in question.  Big mistake if the LT voters are still ticked about property evaluations and election day comes a week or two after tax statements start hitting the mail.  There were several bonds that crashed and burned in May across the state because property evaluations were the topic then.   

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Just when I thought things couldn't get any less promising, I see this abomination. Opening-game record of HS teams featured on a DCTF Special Commemorative Edition: 0-13. Average margin of loss: 46 points. 

Westlake.jpg

When will those poor scrappers from the Westlake streets catch a break?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

John Walsh? Never would’ve guessed

Separate news: Alamo Heights has apparently suspended a large chunk of the varsity team for 2 games, after a hazing incident led to a player going to the ER for burn injuries.

Hah, I had a buddy who played for Alamo Heights. Good dude, went to USAFA, would have participated in hazing but only as a team building activity. 

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

John Walsh? Never would’ve guessed

Separate news: Alamo Heights has apparently suspended a large chunk of the varsity team for 2 games, after a hazing incident led to a player going to the ER for burn injuries.

that's a criminal charge

I received no hazing nor administered  any.  2 different high school programs.  We just straight up did Oklahoma drills and shit, regardless of class during spring practice, especially because no true freshmen were on campus for football at that point.  Being that incoming sophomore sucked ass.  Oh well.  Get tough or quit.

It floors me that hazing  occurs at all these days- and they risk it with bitchass stuff.

Edited by slorch

A local school here in PA had its entire season cancelled yesterday because hazing. They originally saw videos of 4 or 5 kids shoving bar bells or something in the assholes of what I think are freshmen but turns out it was nearly every player doing it to the others. The kids are likely going to be charged for multiple counts, sexual assault. It’s awful. 

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

A local school here in PA had its entire season cancelled yesterday because hazing. They originally saw videos of 4 or 5 kids shoving bar bells or something in the assholes of what I think are freshmen but turns out it was nearly every player doing it to the others. The kids are likely going to be charged for multiple counts, sexual assault. It’s awful. 

Disciples of Jerry Sandusky???

3 hours ago, slorch said:

I received no hazing nor administered  any.  2 different high school programs.  We just straight up did Oklahoma drills and shit, regardless of class during spring practice, especially because no true freshmen were on campus for football at that point.  Being that incoming sophomore sucked ass.  Oh well.  Get tough or quit.

It floors me that hazing  occurs at all these days- and they risk it with bitchass stuff.

During two a days in summer we would pull in the freshmen into the varsity locker room and make them run through the locker room in the pitch black while everyone swung at them with loaded pillowcases. There were cleats in there and all kinds of other not soft things in with the pillows. It never went too far, but we did bloody a nose once. I am sure that would have gotten outed if it happened today.