2022 Texas High School Football

texifornia

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

They have one, but the wording of it (*) talks about "watching your favorite team" and not about having FSSW programming 24 hours per day, so I'm wondering if you only get the games for the "home teams."  

FWIW my home teams are: Spurs, Stars, Dallas WNBA team, and "select ACC games."  WTF?  $19.99 per month if you do it by month: https://www.ballysports.com/packages/

The DCTF guys are busy promoting the heck out of Texan Live.  Not sure why they'd promote Bally.

(*) wording: " This package only includes access to live games in which the above-identified teams compete. "

Because that’s where the Friday Night Scoreboard show is broadcasts and its mainly staffers fro DCTF and of course the ‘ships will be on Bally.   Again with most of the DCTF personalities involved. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Two 3AD1 games tonight:

Edna 40, Llano 21  Eye wuz their.  3 turnovers in the first 6 minutes of the game, then Edna got it going.  The Cowboys have a huuuge OL and the Llano D was badly outsized.  Edna was up 20-0 late in the 2nd when Llano finally got a drive going, and then threw a tipped pick 6.  It was soooo obviously over that Llano tried an onside kick to start the 2nd half... and they committed a penalty.  The Yellowjackets basically looked like dogshit.  I kept wondering how they were 13-0?  Wife wondered if someone got hurt last week, but I told her that it would have had to be Mahomes to make a difference in this one.  Congrats to the Cowboys, but now they get to get stomped by 40+ by the Columbus-Franklin winner.  

Brock 30 Whitesboro 19  Brock is officially a 2nd-half team.   Trailed Bushland 27-10 at half last week, won the 2nd half 41-0.   Trailed 12-7 at half tonight, won the 2nd half 23-7.  The Eagles will face the winner of Grandview-Malakoff.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Two 3AD1 games tonight:

Edna 40, Llano 21  Eye wuz their.  3 turnovers in the first 6 minutes of the game, then Edna got it going.  The Cowboys have a huuuge OL and the Llano D was badly outsized.  Edna was up 20-0 late in the 2nd when Llano finally got a drive going, and then threw a tipped pick 6.  It was soooo obviously over that Llano tried an onside kick to start the 2nd half... and they committed a penalty.  The Yellowjackets basically looked like dogshit.  I kept wondering how they were 13-0?  Wife wondered if someone got hurt last week, but I told her that it would have had to be Mahomes to make a difference in this one.  Congrats to the Cowboys, but now they get to get stomped by 40+ by the Columbus-Franklin winner.  

Brock 30 Whitesboro 19  Brock is officially a 2nd-half team.   Trailed Bushland 27-10 at half last week, won the 2nd half 41-0.   Trailed 12-7 at half tonight, won the 2nd half 23-7.  The Eagles will face the winner of Grandview-Malakoff.

You haven’t made a banner to hang over I-35 to welcome GJ Kinne as he drives into town yet? 

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Cuero 58 Silsbee 56, 3 OT

Silsbee had a 26y  FG attempt on the final play of regulation to win, but someone got a hand on it, and it ended up hitting the upright and bouncing back.  

Cuero will get the Lago Vista-Wimberley winner.

This was one of the best games of the year.

On 11/27/2022 at 9:22 PM, Post Oak said:

Tolar vs Crawford is going to be a good one. 

I suppose it's going to start getting tougher for Mart at some point. Maybe that's this week

Crawford up 6-0 at half.

The Mart Panthers continue to roll along. 35 -0 at intermission

• Hook 'Em 2

North Shore is brutalizing Atascocita.  38-7 in the 4th.  I have to say I didn't expect that, given North Shore lost their QB a couple months ago and has somewhat struggled to score points against the better teams.  Last time they played Cita they won 16-13. 

Assuming Westlake takes care of Brennan, next week will be a great game with North Shore.   Both teams have shown some vulnerability this season....neither is invincible this year.

Edited by Ravishing Rick
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

North Shore is brutalizing Atascocita.  38-7 in the 4th.  I have to say I didn't expect that, given North Shore lost their QB a couple months ago and has somewhat struggled to score points against the better teams.  Last time they played Cita they won 16-13. 

Assuming Westlake takes care of Brennan, next week will be a great game with North Shore.   Both teams have shown some vulnerability this season....neither is invincible this year.

hmm wonder where they’d play that one 

8 hours ago, Duke Silver said:

I do the radio broadcast for Columbus and can tell you that was a special game to be a part of. Even on the losing side. 

That was a great game.  

I grew up 16 miles from Columbus,  my neighbors came from Franklin and their son went to HS with the coach so I really didn't have a team to root for.  

So much fun to just watch the game and enjoy it. 

Edited by Laga4
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Hairy Biped said:

I wish folks would be a little more transparent with the "why's"

Fedora's exit from Navasota was rife with all kinds of angles and questions.  Something about him must bother the BFD's somethin fierce.

18 minutes ago, slorch said:

I wish folks would be a little more transparent with the "why's"

Fedora's exit from Navasota was rife with all kinds of angles and questions.  Something about him must bother the BFD's somethin fierce.

He has a problem with admin and he asks for more and more. When he was at Navasota they were getting threats from state that they were going to get taken over because of grades and he had his entire staff not teaching a single class. When he was told they would have to teach he left. Now he’s at consol where he loses talent to College Station high because he is not the only team in town. Well he’s got 4 coaches not teaching anything at consol. Sounds like admin has been pushing back on him again so what I have heard is he’s going to end up in Caldwell. 

• Hook 'Em 2