2022 Texas High School Football

texifornia

13 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

This is dumb

He should never see the field at Texas. Once guys like him, Brock, and Bush never see the field the better we will be. He’s better than Crawford because he’s more disciplined but he’s an absolute weakness with his lack of speed. 

• Haha 1

Nice write up on the cuero / wimberley game 

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/advosports/cuero-wimberley-connected-in-many-ways

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Christ, $18 each for tickets to games at the Alamodome?

alamo stadium has to be much cheaper for a hs game 

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

And $14 to park in the Dome Parking lot.   But I know of a secret spot close by you can park for free.     If you cash app me $14, I’ll tell you where it is.   

We used to always park for free in the lot behind the bar or whatever at Hoefgen & center street. No one ever said anything. That was years ago though.

If I was going now id just park at that lot under I-37 & houston st. Usually $5, never more than $10 for events. It does require you to walk a little bit though, which I never minded. 

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Thank you.  One of the few channels we get since we cut the cord.  Daughter is starting to get into HS football and wanna watch it with her.  

they seem like they have a good program over there.  

Sure, if you wanna consider winning 54 games in a row good, I guess so

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Fun fact, that little office park surface lot just NE of the Chaps stadium off of Camp Craft.  That's where the yoga pants pre-game wino fest is during regular season.  My god, if you don't have any scruples...walk around there before/after a game and say you're looking to get back out there since your wife passed and miss the community of football and fellowship.  You'll be having a threesome in the back of her X7 before kickoff.  

Back to football...go local sports team! 

• Hook 'Em 1

Timpson all over Shiner 14-0 in the 2nd.  

Bussey broke an 85y run, then he kind of whiffed on the kickoff (yes, he kicks off, too, of course he does) and the ball skittered off to the right exactly 10 yards, and Refugio did not cover.  Then they got a 51y pass and run play for another TD.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Brock taking it to Malakoff. 21-10 final from Jerry world jr.

I had both this game and the Timpson/Refugio game on last night.

Brock just smothered a good Malakoff team.  Only td they got was on a punt return.  Those 4 losses Brock started the season with must seem like years ago now.

The other game, Bussey ran for over 300 yds in the loss.

Longview v Aledo I believe will be streaming on Longview Gameday on YouTube. 
Any other games streaming for free? NFHS and Texas Live are absolutely garbage and I’ll never give them another cent. 

SOC/Argyle is live on Bally SW tonight.
DFW outdoor games Sat. might be wet. Thinking of heading to The Star for Guyer/DeSoto.

4 hours ago, SameSame said:

I had both this game and the Timpson/Refugio game on last night.

Brock just smothered a good Malakoff team.  Only td they got was on a punt return.  Those 4 losses Brock started the season with must seem like years ago now.

"smothered" is a great choice of words.  I loved how when they got a lead, they completely quit passing and just ran the ball down Malakoff's throat.  They were simply just tougher than Malakoff, which I did not expect at all.  

• Like 1

Pulling hard for Cuero, CC Vets, Poth, and Refugio (next week). The only South Texas teams left. I also want Boerne to win just because of proximity. Every Austin area school can go fuck itself, region 4 my ass.

Cuero will easily dismantle Wimberley, same for Poth & whatever the hell school that is they’re playing. Boerne wins a tight one. CC Vets hangs tough for a half but the talent difference shows up in the 2nd half and they lose. 

Other games of interest to me:

Westlake will steamroll NS, 35-7ish type score. Prosper wins a tight game decided by Duncanville mistakes, Katy obliterates Vandy, Guyer mouthfucks DeSoto, Longview beats Aledo, Argyle beats SOC by a couple scores. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SuckitKevin said:

How long does Bally have THS playoff contracts? They aren’t available on a ton of providers, infuriating.

As long as the UIL is tied to the hip with this deal at Jerryworld.

All about the Benjis and kissing the hand of Superintendents in the North Texas/DFW area ISD's.  

As long as the UIL is tied to the hip with this deal at Jerryworld.
All about the Benjis and kissing the hand of Superintendents in the North Texas/DFW area ISD's.  

Do you remember what attendance/atmosphere was like when they had it at NRG? I do.

Do you remember what attendance/atmosphere was like when they had it at the shitbox Alamodome? I do.

Jerry sucks. The cowboys suck. Having the games at Jerryland does not suck.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Jerry sucks. The cowboys suck. Having the games at Jerryland does not suck.

That stadium is one of the elite venues not just in the country but in the world. Giving the kids an opportunity to play in it is reason enough to continue holding the finals there.

Only one team will win each final but every player that steps on that field will have a great story to tell for the rest of their life to anyone and everyone who wants to listen.  

Edited by Wally Pryor
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

That stadium is one of the elite venues not just in the country but in the world. Giving the kids an opportunity to play in it is reason enough to continue holding the finals there.
Only one team will win each final but every player that steps on that field will have a great story to tell for the rest of their life to anyone and everyone who wants to listen.  

I played at that dump in Irving that when you stood on one sideline, all you could see of the people on the other sideline was from the waist up because of the crown on the field. The locker rooms smelled like ass and moldy cheese. The parking was a nightmare. Jerry world is incredible, for multiple reasons. You can admit that and still dislike Jerry. In fact, I encourage it.
  • Hook 'Em 1