2022 Texas High School Football

texifornia

North shore completes the upset, 49-34 over Westlake. Ended the nation’s longest high school win streak with their backup QB. Contrary to what Westlake fans will say they had more talent than NS by every recruiting site you can name. NS has more freshman/sophomore talent but not a lot of those guys are contributing yet.

Im not even mad about my predictions this weekend. If I’m not mistaken I’m 0-5 or something close right now. I’m just kind of amazed at this point. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

North shore completes the upset, 49-34 over Westlake. Ended the nation’s longest high school win streak with their backup QB. Contrary to what Westlake fans will say they had more talent than NS by every recruiting site you can name. NS has more freshman/sophomore talent but not a lot of those guys are contributing yet.

Im not even mad about my predictions this weekend. If I’m not mistaken I’m 0-5 or something close right now. I’m just kind of amazed at this point. 

A lot of that talent was missing today but I’d be worse than an Alabama fan to complain about this run. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Biggest things were I knew NS was a lot faster than Westlake, but I thought the chaps could dominate the LOS and that didn’t happen. I also rolled my eyes anytime their fans complained about QB play this year, but actually watching them for the first time yeah they did have a point. Wasn’t expecting that from a Westlake QB at all.

Still sticking with Prosper winning a close game vs Duncanville. 

Just now, Helobious said:

Biggest things were I knew NS was a lot faster than Westlake, but I thought the chaps could dominate the LOS and that didn’t happen. I also rolled my eyes anytime their fans complained about QB play this year, but actually watching them for the first time yeah they did have a point. Wasn’t expecting that from a Westlake QB at all.

It's almost like he was our backup

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

North Shore has had great lines on both sides of the ball for years.  The skill players get most of the hype but their linemen have been legit for a long time now.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Saying a 4800 student school that gets good athletes from all over east Houston is less talented than a 2400 kid suburban school is not an argument I expected to see today.

Yes I agree. However one fact that those outside of Houston may not know is that North Shore as a school is 70% Hispanic. 

So it looks like we are getting Duncanville vs North Shore Pt4 next week. We'll see if Samples can finally get over the hump after all this time. He always finds ways to lose these games going back to when he was at Dallas Lincoln. Then Dallas Skyline. He's the Marv Levy of high school football. Which isn't a bad thing since it means your teams are very good

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

AN UPDATE ON TREATYOAK FROM THE HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS AT ST DAVID'S HOSPITAL AND EMERGENCY SERVICES PROFESSIONALS

As some of you may have heard, after watching the Westlake/North Shore game, TreatyOak suffered a case a hysterical blindness and some form of a nervous breakdown. His wife, neighbors and law enforcement claim he was raving about Westlake being "robbed and cheated," and was screaming for assistance from the law firm of Thomas J Henry. After injuring several First Responders, he was tazed for his own protection, restrained and successfully admitted to St. David's hospital. Despite being heavily sedated, he was able to break free from his restraints and was last seen at the intersection of IH35 & HWY 71 trying hitch a ride to AT&T Stadium in Arlington to "cheer on the Chaps in the state championship game." He is considered a danger to himself and to others. If you have any information about his whereabouts, please do not try to intervene in any way and contact 911 immediately.

Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated at this time. 

The concerned staff at St David's Hospital  

CALL   444-4444

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Duncanville’s best WR is also their punter. Dville will screw up their punt snap or their blocking assignments and he will just take off and pick up the first down anyways.

Did it on a 4th and 17 in the first half and just did it again on a 4th and 14 in the 3rd qtr. Led to another TD, Duncanville rolling 27-0.

I went to the Vandegrift Bowie game in the 1st round.  I came away unimpressed and Vandegrift didn't put it away until about midway through the 4th.  Despite being at least 30 lbs a man bigger on both lines, they seemed to only want to chuck the ball around and didn't seem that good at it.  I sure wouldn't have predicted that they'd beat Dripping and Katy back to back to make the championship game.

Edited by WBT

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

Saying a 4800 student school that gets good athletes from all over east Houston is less talented than a 2400 kid suburban school is not an argument I expected to see today.

Your point is still valid but Westlake is north of 2800 enrollment. 
The “unlimited” enrollment model is getting silly though b

On 12/9/2022 at 1:16 PM, Helobious said:

Pulling hard for Cuero, CC Vets, Poth, and Refugio (next week). The only South Texas teams left. I also want Boerne to win just because of proximity. Every Austin area school can go fuck itself, region 4 my ass.

Cuero will easily dismantle Wimberley, same for Poth & whatever the hell school that is they’re playing. Boerne wins a tight one. CC Vets hangs tough for a half but the talent difference shows up in the 2nd half and they lose. 

Other games of interest to me:

Westlake will steamroll NS, 35-7ish type score. Prosper wins a tight game decided by Duncanville mistakes, Katy obliterates Vandy, Guyer mouthfucks DeSoto, Longview beats Aledo, Argyle beats SOC by a couple scores. 

This one is your Mona Lisa

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

STATE SEMIFINALS SCHEDULE
CLASS 6A DIVISION I
Duncanville 41, Prosper 0

Galena Park North Shore 49, Austin Westlake 34

Championship: Galena Park North Shore (15-0) vs. Duncanville (14-0), 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 17 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington

CLASS 6A DIVISION II
DeSoto 47, Denton Guyer 28

Austin Vandegrift38, Katy 35

Championship: DeSoto (13-2) vs. Austin Vandegrift (14-1), 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 17 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington

CLASS 5A DIVISION I
Aledo 17, Longview 14

College Station 33, Corpus Christi 7

Championship: Aledo (13-2) vs. College Station (13-2), 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 17 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington

CLASS 5A DIVISION II
South Oak Cliff 14, Argyle 6

Port Neches-Groves 42, Liberty Hill 14

Championship: South Oak Cliff (12-3) vs. Port Neches-Groves (13-2), 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 16 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington

CLASS 4A DIVISION I
China Spring 33, Decatur 27

Boerne 35, Tyler Chapel Hill 0

Championship: China Spring (13-1) vs. Boerne (15-0), 3 p.m. Friday, Dec. 16 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington

CLASS 4A DIVISION II
Carthage 42, Glen Rose 35

Wimberley 42, Cuero 36

Championship: Carthage (15-0) vs. Wimberley (15-0), 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 16 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington

CLASS 3A DIVISION I
Brock 21, Malakoff 10

Franklin 41, Edna 13

Championship: Brock (11-4) vs. Franklin (15-0), 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 15 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington

CLASS 3A DIVISION II
Gunter 21, Canadian 20

Poth 51, Gilmer Harmony 28

Championship: Gunter (14-0) vs. Poth (14-1), 3 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 15 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington

CLASS 2A DIVISION I
Hawley 34, Crawford 20

Refugio 24, Timpson 21

Championship: Hawley (15-0) vs. Refugio (14-1), 11 am. Thursday, Dec. 15 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington

CLASS 2A DIVISION II
Albany 53, New Home 25

Mart 41, Burton 14

Championship: Albany (13-2) vs. Mart (15-0), 7 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 14 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TreatyOak said:
Spoiler

AN UPDATE ON TREATYOAK FROM THE HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS AT ST DAVID'S HOSPITAL AND EMERGENCY SERVICES PROFESSIONALS

As some of you may have heard, after watching the Westlake/North Shore game, TreatyOak suffered a case a hysterical blindness and some form of a nervous breakdown. His wife, neighbors and law enforcement claim he was raving about Westlake being "robbed and cheated," and was screaming for assistance from the law firm of Thomas J Henry. After injuring several First Responders, he was tazed for his own protection, restrained and successfully admitted to St. David's hospital. Despite being heavily sedated, he was able to break free from his restraints and was last seen at the intersection of IH35 & HWY 71 trying hitch a ride to AT&T Stadium in Arlington to "cheer on the Chaps in the state championship game." He is considered a danger to himself and to others. If you have any information about his whereabouts, please do not try to intervene in any way and contact 911 immediately.

Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated at this time. 

The concerned staff at St David's Hospital  

*Thots and prayers, or GTFO 

• Hook 'Em 1