2022 Texas High School Football

texifornia

Garland down 27-0.  8 1/2 left in the 2nd.  SEVEN fucking offside penalties on Garland thus far.  Two were free plays in which the qb threw it deep for 2 TDs.

And already dropped an F bomb.  Worse coaching than the Cowboys.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

21 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

SIAP but Lake Travis vs Arlington Martin is underway on ESPNU.

More importantly Anderson-McCallum Taco Shack Bowl is on KBVO in Austin.  The Mighty Trojans open with a touchdown, spare-ass McCallum responds with a field goal.  Let's keep this tradeoff going.

L-C-A, All The Way!

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I’m watching the Denton guyer game, I thought Jackson Arnold was the qb? Wonder why he isn’t out there. Is he hurt?

I’ve seen a lot of highlights already of him

55 minutes ago, txduck87 said:

Holy shit does Northshore look good. Speed is nuts . Up 28-7 v The Woodlands with 11:27 to go in 2nd quarter .

was it ever any doubt?? 

36 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Dickinson down to Atascocita 16-0 😢😢😢 

im kinda surprised by this one . Dickinson is usually solid 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

was it ever any doubt?? 

im kinda surprised by this one . Dickinson is usually solid 

Atascocita is a powerhouse....they broke Allen's 50+ game home winning streak last year.  They can never get through Region III due to North Shore, but they would likely threaten to win other regions if NS wasn't in their way.  East Houston looks to be extremely strong this year.  North Shore, Westfield, Cita, and CE King all look to have very good teams.

I'm really looking forward to the Duncanville / SOC game tomorrow night.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

Atascocita is a powerhouse....they broke Allen's 50+ game home winning streak last year.  They can never get through Region III due to North Shore, but they would likely threaten to win other regions if NS wasn't in their way.  East Houston looks to be extremely strong this year.  North Shore, Westfield, Cita, and CE King all look to have very good teams.

I'm really looking forward to the Duncanville / SOC game tomorrow night.  

You’re correct East Houston is strong!!! I’m still skeptical on King though. They lost some pieces from last year. Tomorrows game against Crosby will show us a lot 

Edited by D3zii

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

North Shores v Atascocita should be the region finals come end of year. Both are stacked but I don't think anyone will be able to hang with North Shore this year.

Not watching the Dickinson game, but offensively they return everyone by QB and TE... and to now be down 37-0... damn... 

I really hope WestLake goes D1 this year , probably won’t though 

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Trojans up 28-3 at the half.  Looking really solid and disciplined on both offense and defense (aside from a taunting penalty in the midst of a long TD reception that got it called back to the 30 and resulted in zero points).

Euless?? 

Tell me more about young Jacob Henry. Is Texas recruiting him? Is he good enough to play on the 40 Acres?

He’s a bad mother fucker with a nasty streak. Incredibly athletic and agile for 6’1 275. He also happens to squat 600 pounds and bench press 400. Qualified for state last year in both wrestling and powerlifting. Kid is special

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Anderson High School Trojans, Austin, Texas.  Playing hated archrival McCallum for the honor of winning the Taco Shack Bowl.  Surely everyone is aware of this heated rivalry? 

:)

Trojans opened up a can of whoopass!

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

It’s time. Helobious Poll 2022. Just gonna do a top 5 and highlight some players.

Two words: 5A Division 1. If we’re ever going to make the state semis, this is the year and division. Vela, McMemorial, and PSJA North are all stout this year. The SA districts in here are laughable. Only teams standing in the way: CC Vets and CC Miller. Si se puede. 

1. Edinburg Vela – Campbell might be scummy but he sure can coach. Vela remains the class of the RGV. They added a transfer QB from Victoria West, whose family moved for the prosperous Edinburg economy and for no other reason. However my buddy that watched Vela vs Harlingen scrimmage last week said all of Vela’s QBs sucked. That may be their downfall after 3 years of stellar QB play.

2. Harlingen - @956 Worldwide we're gonna be good. One of our bigger/better O-lines we've had in a while, all experienced guys too. Lost a lot on defense but got 3/4 of a strong secondary back, including Albert Vasquez who got 8 picks last year. Pedro Silguero will fill in the DL void left by Huerta nicely. 3-way battle for QB from what I'm told, but really all they should do is hand the ball to Izaiah Bell or Kian Torres and GTFO the way.

3. PSJA North - Junior Ale Aparicio is in my mind the valley's best QB, out most of last year with an injury. This team has a lot of juniors and seniors that have played 2-3 years on varsity already. However the JV offense they run really limits them.

4. McAllen Memorial - They always have talent (at least 6 FBS scholarship players in the past 15 years, many schools up north can't even say that) but their coaching always massively held them back. This new guy seems better but we'll see.

5. San Benito - Their projected senior starting QB transferred to ride the bench at Judson for some reason. They should be solid but I don't see them making much noise. 

Gilpin Specials (players I think are good)

Tyrell Trevino (SR), WR/RB, Mercedes - Best all around athlete in the valley, quite the track star. Passes what I've dubbed "the Mishak Test". If you have a black first name and hispanic last name you're probably good at football. Watch out for McAllen HS sophomore WR DeVante Espinoza for this reason as well. Tyrell holds an offer from TAMUK.

Thomas Domian (SR), OL, McMemorial - Best lineman in the RGV. UTSA come get your man.

Jake Dufner (SR), DL, Edinburg Vela - Best DL in the RGV. I don't really see FBS talent but he'll play in college somewhere.

Justin Navarro (SR), WR/DB, Edinburg Vela - Hell of an athlete, could play D3 ball.

Sterling Tomlin (SO), LB, Harlingen - Been hearing about this kid since for a couple years now. Will start as a sophomore, apparently he's just an animal on the field. 

Jaime Lopez (QB), Jr, PSJA - 3 year starter, should be taking a big step forward this year. 

Postcard home

Landry Gilpin - Has turned himself into a damn good starting QB at Southwestern

Eddie Lee Marburger - Could be the backup at UTSA this year as a RS Freshman. That's huge.

Erik Pizzaro - Forgot about this guy. Was a star WR at Rio Hondo, walked on at Lamar and balled out there, has now transferred to Kansas State. Will be a senior 

That's all I got. For the love of god can someone win 3 playoff games. Good luck to everyone all over the state. It's the best time of the year.

Good to hear about the Cards’ line. A lack of size up front has been the biggest weakness for them for a while.  But while running the ball at valley teams is fine, One-dimensional valley teams riding the ground game get blown out in the playoffs.  

9 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

A local school here in PA had its entire season cancelled yesterday because hazing. They originally saw videos of 4 or 5 kids shoving bar bells or something in the assholes of what I think are freshmen but turns out it was nearly every player doing it to the others. The kids are likely going to be charged for multiple counts, sexual assault. It’s awful. 

of minors