Cyberpunk 2077

GotThatFire

I finally got it where it should be. Not sure what all adjustments that I tried, and when, but now the game is running smoothly with RTX. No big frame drops either. Just took about 30 combos of setting adjustments, and not using the optimize feature on the GeForce app.

Played a little bit last night. Did the nomad prologue, training tutorials and first "real" mission. Handful of glitches but nothing game-breaking for me on PS4. 

Haven't played an FPS in a while, so it's gonna take me a little bit to get comfy with the various controls. I was shooting very poorly at first.

Was playing TLOU2 before this and still need to finish so may let 2077 sit on the shelf for just a little bit before picking it back up. Gonna be busy at work through end of next week too, but should be able to sink some legit time in later this month.

Played a little bit last night. Did the nomad prologue, training tutorials and first "real" mission. Handful of glitches but nothing game-breaking for me on PS4. 
Haven't played an FPS in a while, so it's gonna take me a little bit to get comfy with the various controls. I was shooting very poorly at first.
Was playing TLOU2 before this and still need to finish so may let 2077 sit on the shelf for just a little bit before picking it back up. Gonna be busy at work through end of next week too, but should be able to sink some legit time in later this month.

If you’re on console the stock controls are wack.

Here’s a few Reddit threads on how to fix it:

• Hook 'Em 1

Man, the front page of the subreddit is, like, all anger and backlash right now. Are you guys feeling that? I'm still only like an hour or two in...

I mean, there are some legit criticisms but it is pretty bad over there.

The PS4 and OG Xbox one people have the most to gripe about, but it’s like they don’t expect CDPR to do literally anything about it.

Witcher III was pretty buggy on release, too, and look what it became.

I don’t think there was any way they would Lee t the wildly inflated hype no matter what.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm 4 hours in. It's a fun game, but I have yet to be blown out of the water. This game may have been ambitious when it was first conceptualized and began almost a decade ago, but a lot of what I have seen so far is pretty standard fare in a modern video game. I have yet to be blown away by anything and for some reason, the customization just didn't attach me to the character. In fact, I'll go as far to say as Skyrim is still the gold standard of this genre, so far. Again, I'm only 4 hours in and have just begun to scratch at it, but the initial impression is meh, too much hype.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Eastwood said:

I'm 4 hours in. It's a fun game, but I have yet to be blown out of the water. This game may have been ambitious when it was first conceptualized and began almost a decade ago, but a lot of what I have seen so far is pretty standard fare in a modern video game. I have yet to be blown away by anything and for some reason, the customization just didn't attach me to the character. In fact, I'll go as far to say as Skyrim is still the gold standard of this genre, so far. Again, I'm only 4 hours in and have just begun to scratch at it, but the initial impression is meh, too much hype.

I’m having similar first impressions. Couple examples:

when I came across my first “random encounter” I saved a woman from being beat up by her boyfriend by knocking him out. After thanking me, she went back into her “cowering” position as if still being assaulted, and just stood there.

I ran over a pedestrian and nothing happened. 

I passed a pair of cops at an outdoor bar near my apt two different times, and overheard the exact same conversation twice. Dunno, maybe it’s part of a mission later.

I get the feeling the open world, while visually impressive, is mostly eye candy and window dressing, and doesn’t achieve immersion the way a game like Skyrim or RDR2 did for me. Lots of quirks and glitches in the world that break immersion.

I got my first “gig” - Woman of La Mancha.  I’m supposed to find a woman and have the option to ask around about her in an outdoor market. I talked to everyone I could, and my only option is to bribe two people with $600 which I can’t afford. Is that it? I can’t threaten, intimidate, stick my gun in their face, steal something? Maybe I need to use hacking?  Or do I just have to come back when I have $600? The game was billed as role playing game AFAIK, but these missions are feeling very “on rails” and scripted like a Rockstar game.  

Edited by CurlyDumps

Im 6 hrs in and its a quality game imo

They take elements from GTA, Red Dead2, Watchdogs, Rage 2, Night Call and COD and mash them all together. The look and feel is very similar to Star Citizen with a vast open feel and a approximate fast travel system with the necessity to still do mundane things to get around.  Still the lack of polish is a bit off putting. 

Where you can really see the thoughtfulness is in the 'choose your own adventure' style. There are a number of dead end strands and a few primary strands that have very different choices and outcomes and if youre savvy you can get solid bumps in your network and status. 

21 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

I got my first “gig” - Woman of La Mancha.  I’m supposed to find a woman and have the option to ask around about her in an outdoor market. I talked to everyone I could, and my only option is to bribe two people with $600 which I can’t afford. Is that it? I can’t threaten, intimidate, stick my gun in their face, steal something? Maybe I need to use hacking?  Or do I just have to come back when I have $600? The game was billed as role playing game AFAIK, but these missions are feeling very “on rails” and scripted like a Rockstar game.  

For this quest you can actually hack to find her.  On the ground floor of that market there is an area inside with a few arcade cabinets, around there you can find clues to where the lady is.  You definitely need a certain level of technical ability to get access, I forget how much.

I think this game is good but it was never going to meet the insane level of hype and expectation that a game 8 years in the making from the makers of Witcher 3 would have.  To me it feels like a knock off GTA game set in the future.  It is surprising how many things it does worse than GTA let alone RDR2 or even the Witcher 3.  The car driving is so fucking bad.  Games made literally decades ago had better physics/handling on the PC.

I have not gone very far down the main story path, I have mostly been doing the cop side missions as an excuse to shoot different guns.  Most of these missions are throw aways that almost seem procedurally generated but then every once in a while they have a decent backstory and lead to other quests.  The loot system is too much.  It's like a Borderlands game turned up to 11.  I do like how you can upgrade gear so you don't have to outlevel a favorite gun if you dont want to...but man there is just so much shit to sift through.  OCD in me can't leave a battlefield until its picked clean and there are some missions/quests where that is quite a challenge.

I very much like the breach protocol mini game.  Upgrading your main cyberware hardware thing helps a lot with this and there some pretty impactful perks very early on in the INT tree.  Speaking of perks...most of them are super narrow and you really have to commit to a build/style or they end up kind of wasted.  Is there a respec mechanic?

I played a little more yesterday, but pretty firmly convinced I'm gonna wait until a few rounds of patches and fixes to pick it back up. Game is just too janky on PS4 right now. After reading through several helpful Reddit threads, I finally tweaked my controller settings enough to get rid of the awful joystick drift I was experiencing, which made aiming actually feasible.

That said, I still couldn't get driving controls to a point where it was anything over than infuriating. As of now, I find that cars have the turning physics of a drunk cow on an ice rink. 

I played a little more yesterday, but pretty firmly convinced I'm gonna wait until a few rounds of patches and fixes to pick it back up. Game is just too janky on PS4 right now. After reading through several helpful Reddit threads, I finally tweaked my controller settings enough to get rid of the awful joystick drift I was experiencing, which made aiming actually feasible.
That said, I still couldn't get driving controls to a point where it was anything over than infuriating. As of now, I find that cars have the turning physics of a drunk cow on an ice rink. 

Turn the third person sensitivity down to like 5.

4 hours ago, usmc0331horn said:

Why are they never actually ready at launch?

According to production studio:

CD Projekt Red explained the need for polish with each delay, saying the game wasn’t ready to be put in consumers’ hands just yet. With the final delay, the company tweeted that the biggest challenge was “shipping the game on current-gen, next-gen and PC at the same time,” which required nine separate versions of the game to be prepared and tested while working remotely during the pandemic.

I went the Stadia route, and just started it yesterday morning and spent all day playing it, since it's running on Google's beefy servers, I don't have any of the low-res issues others have. Looks great, plays great, only a few minor bugs and glitches so far that I have noticed, nothing game breaking. So far, pretty fun game.

Cool screenshot I captured. Texas finally broke free!

Cyberpunk 2077. Taken 17 hours ago

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The best car in the game is the free one you find in the tunnels in the badlands. (edit: I think it's called the Calliban). I beat the game the other day, and although the bugs were there, all in all I enjoyed the game. I would echo your other statement though, the main story itself if way too short, but there is a ton of other stuff to do, which can affect the story at the end. When it stops you and asks you if you're sure you want to proceed because there is no going back, it's for real. There is no going back, so make sure you clean up completely before moving on.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 1

I beat it last week and went with the Nomad ending. When it stuck me back at the end to continue the game on an old save, it was a save from around 76 hours (I’m at like 110 I think), so that sucks. It was the save from when I first went to the point of no return, but then starting doing a bunch of side stuff. When I went back, I guess it didn’t create another save for me. The rest of my saves were auto/quick saves so I lost everything else from after my 76 hour point that wasn’t part of an ending quest.

I do, however, really enjoy the game.

Finally got into this over the long new years weekend. Put about 35 hours in over 3 days. It's too frustrating to me to only play an hour or something at night during the week, so I have to wait for a marathon on the weekend. 

Only level 15 right now, but that's about the time games like this get going enough to hit their stride.  It can be a little bit of a slog before you build up enough stats/perks to feel good. Witcher 3 was the same way.

2 hours ago, seven said:

Finally got into this over the long new years weekend. Put about 35 hours in over 3 days. It's too frustrating to me to only play an hour or something at night during the week, so I have to wait for a marathon on the weekend. 

Only level 15 right now, but that's about the time games like this get going enough to hit their stride.  It can be a little bit of a slog before you build up enough stats/perks to feel good. Witcher 3 was the same way.

Im at 25 and can now finally fuck some shit up. Definitely a different game when you get upper deck shit with cyberw enhancements