Texas @ Baylor - 11:00am ESPN2

BigOrange1

fuck baylor.

this texas team is starting to come together and figure how how to play together.  with every game they play together this team molding more and more into the team we were expecting them to be in the offseason and you can see beard's influence all over everything.

incredible opportunity for a big time road win in waco.  

fuck baylor.

• Hook 'Em 2

And also, fuck baylor.  

I was honestly surprised to see we were 6 point underdogs on this.  I mean, I know they'd be favored but figured it more like 3.5/4.  We gotta rough stretch here but we're looking better.  Who's making bloody marys?  

GO HORNS!

Concerned about rebounding. Got to limit them on the offensive glass. They’re a very good offensive rebounding team. Also, KU’s defense against dribble penetration and their front court defense was non existent. I don’t think we duplicate the production from those two areas in this one. 

On the other hand, I do not believe we go 3-20 from BTA. 

I love Tre Mitchell, and I know he can shoot, but if he continues to bend rims as badly as he has been, for goodness sakes don’t take 6 shots from the perimeter with the shot clock at 20s hoping to bank one in. 

Curious if Cryer plays. Drew says it’s a pain tolerance thing, but otherwise he’s been cleared to play. He has been practicing some. I bet he does. 

Listening to Drew talk about this as a rivalry game made me throw up. Like so many games, it’s only a rivalry one way. 

Drew has turned out to be a much better coach than I ever gave him credit for early in his career, especially when he went away from his stupid zone and starting emphasizing man to man defense. But I still find him the most punchable college head coach out there. Just instantly dislikable. 

That win against KU was fire. For me as a fan it relieves a lot of pressure around this game. Play loose. Continue to improve. A win would be outstanding, but all goals are possible even with a loss. 

At the pregame press conference one of the Waco reporters made a point of emphasizing how every Baylor athletic team is dominating Texas these days, even mentioning tennis. I thought of poor @Js1 grinding his molars to the point of turning them into powder. For Js1’s sake I hope for the win, but honestly I’m mostly just excited to see the team play again. Let’s see what they can do. 

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I don’t know if that KU win was a signature win. But it sure was a signature fan moment. God I love the fact the students stormed the court. Great hype video. Love everything going on. 

Wat? It’s 10000% a signature win on our resume.  Beating Self on your first try (as the Texas coach with a brand new roster) is pretty signature too. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

I was honestly surprised to see we were 6 point underdogs on this.  I mean, I know they'd be favored but figured it more like 3.5/4.

KenPom has us at -8.7 if I use a 4.5 pt home court advantage.  I think the lower line is because of the uncertainty over Cryer playing today.

27 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Wat? It’s 10000% a signature win on our resume.  Beating Self on your first try (as the Texas coach with a brand new roster) is pretty signature too. 

Yeah, sorry. I wasn’t clear. It’s absolutely a signature win for the resume. Yeah, I phrased that idioticly. I meant for the program, and Beard’s new regime specifically. 

I always think back to Mack Brown’s first year, where he had a reputation of choking in the big game, when Texas beat Nebraska in Lincoln to end their record home winning streak he had posters of it all over the facilities practically the next day. 

I don’t want KU to be our Super Bowl, and I feel confident it isn’t, and won’t be. At the same time the court storming was so healthy for our fan base and our team. 

Im just so giddy, frankly. I communicated that poorly. Mostly I just love Beard’s constant mindset. Neither too high nor too low. Just on to the next game. 

Just now, Js1 said:

Yep, Brock. Might be the starting lineup for the rest of the year? 

I’ve liked it. He’s not getting 30+ mpg. It’s not a big deal if he gets in eariy foul trouble. He’s guaranteed energy and usually good for a couple extra possessions. He’s not ball dominant. 

Mitchell seems okay coming off the bench. I’ve missed Disu not being at his most productive, but I assume that changes at some point. I hope Brock being in the starting 5 continues to pay dividends. 

It’s not a big starting 5, but there are size issues in the roster as a whole regardless. 

1 minute ago, VinyVango said:

Refs letting a lot of overly rough shit slide inside for Baylor and of course drew already foaming for more calls … I hope this shit is called fairly but am not confident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

narrator: not a chance