2022 Little League Thread of Dominance

BrazilHorn

15 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I had to miss the game, but Hawaii beat Arizona 9-2 and will be in Williamsport next week.

On 8/6/2022 at 11:25 PM, LTtxfan said:

Two good teams...  Hawaii won  3-0

Hawaii pitching was impressive,   16 K's between two pitchers in 6 innings.   

Hawaii has been one of the better teams I've seen especially the 2 pitchers used in their 1st game.  Their 3rd pitcher often overthrows his pitches too much which causes him to give up too many walks -- might be the biggest weakness that they have to overcome to keep advancing.

Not expecting Pearland (TxEast) to advance very far this year, but good luck to them !!

Edited by LTtxfan

Unfortunately, I've missed most of Hawaii's games save one against a Cali team where I caught an inning or so. Yes, they've got pitching depth it appears, but going off of memory--seems that is typically something they often have each year.

I wanted to catch the NY/NJ game but had a meeting.

Which region do you think has the strongest team this year?

32 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Unfortunately, I've missed most of Hawaii's games save one against a Cali team where I caught an inning or so. Yes, they've got pitching depth it appears, but going off of memory--seems that is typically something they often have each year.

I wanted to catch the NY/NJ game but had a meeting.

Which region do you think has the strongest team this year?

Unfortunately, I have missed a lot of games besides the Texas region so not a big help for yah other than Hawaii.

I think Tennessee might be pretty good too.

Edited by LTtxfan

Taiwan 2-0 over Italy. Didn't see any of it, did Italy have a stud expat arm? 

I started watching but it had a few delays. Italy threw a few different pitchers but none of them were special. Taiwan left a lot of runners on base but Curaçao and the two teams playing now would probably take them. This isn’t your father’s Taipei team.

7 hours ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

I watched the Hawaiians a few times last week and again last night. No one will stop them on the American side. Chinese Taipei is about to score 30 on the Italians.

They are good, but Hawaii's 3rd pitcher sometimes has control issues and gives up too many walks.  Definitely one of the top American teams...

As I posted earlier, the Texas team is not nearly as strong as past teams from their region.

• Like 1

Early games today.    Red Sox and Orioles visit and later play at a minor league field in Williamsport, 6PM, ESPN.

Always great to see the interaction between the Little Leaguers and MLB players.    America, baby !

Image result for 'Merica. Size: 164 x 170. Source: www.youtube.com

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Weird bracket play. Southwest plays one game and waits till the west team plays two before they play again? Am I missing a game? Why the long delay between games?

It's because they expanded to 20 teams so you have two 10 team double elimination brackets (except a single guaranteed championship game in both brackets for TV). That means 6 teams in each half get a bye but 4 have to play an extra game.

• Hook 'Em 1