2022 Little League Thread of Dominance

BrazilHorn

Pearland could have held this closer but their pitch selection is terrible. Throwing nothing but breaking balls to the biggest hitters in Hawaii's lineup. It's not off speed if every pitch is that speed. So both two run bombs were on breaking balls. Now it's getting stretched out but they had to call a better game to have a chance. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

On 8/13/2022 at 2:26 PM, LTtxfan said:

Unfortunately, I have missed a lot of games besides the Texas region so not a big help for yah other than Hawaii.  I think Tennessee might be pretty good too.

Damn, I got something right for a change.

Looks like Tennessee vs Hawaii only 2 teams still undefeated after tonight for US teams... 

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Pearland could have held this closer but their pitch selection is terrible. Throwing nothing but breaking balls to the biggest hitters in Hawaii's lineup. It's not off speed if every pitch is that speed. So both two run bombs were on breaking balls. Now it's getting stretched out but they had to call a better game to have a chance. 

Excellent analysis.

Pearland gave good effort.  End of game body language did not look good since they have to regroup and play 3 days in a row to make it to Saturday USA championship.

Play Iowa Tuesday at 6PM.     If they don't let this loss get to them they have a chance to make it to Saturday.   Need to hit the batting cage early Tues morning.

Bracket:

https://www.littleleague.org/downloads/2022-llbws-bracket/

Gotta love it !  🙂    Iowa player calls out ESPN for wanting drama due to missed strike call.    Better audio if you click the article. 

Davenport, Iowa, was up 6-3 and one out away from winning an elimination game against Bonney Lake, Wash., at the 2022 Little League World Series. Iowa’s hurler threw a borderline 3-2 pitch that could’ve wound up being the game-clinching strikeout. Instead, the home plate umpire called a ball, bringing the potential tying run to the plate.

When the team convened at the pitcher’s mound, one player called out ESPN for prolonging the game to create added drama. ABC, which broadcasted Saturday’s game and had Iowa’s coach mic’d up, was able to pick up the audio during the mound visit:

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sports/iowa-little-leaguer-blames-espn-for-missed-strike-call/3341959/#:~:text=Iowa's hurler threw a borderline,tying run to the plate.&text=Stay informed about local news%2C politics and weather.

Yeah, I would love to see what Hawaii can do vs. Curacao. Sometimes I wished they broke up the brackets between US and International. 

I was thinking the same the other day. It would give the American kids a better experience competing against international competition. The only reason they don’t do it is to guarantee an American representative in the championship to drive tv ratings

2 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

I was thinking the same the other day. It would give the American kids a better experience competing against international competition. The only reason they don’t do it is to guarantee an American representative in the championship to drive tv ratings

I understand, but I would still watch! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

It would give US kids a better experience competing vs international competition. They don’t do it to guarantee a US team in the championship to drive tv ratings

It also guarantees an International team in the championship game too...  😎 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Sorry this is off topic.  I run my local league if you didn’t know.  Found out today that our concession stand has a big water leak.  Will likely have to take out a wall to fix it.  While at the fields I also found a broken window in our 2 story press box.  Guess I will have to find a way to get all of this fixed soon.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Sorry this is off topic.  I run my local league if you didn’t know.  Found out today that our concession stand has a big water leak.  Will likely have to take out a wall to fix it.  While at the fields I also found a broken window in our 2 story press box.  Guess I will have to find a way to get all of this fixed soon.

I’m sure some local guys will do it free if you offer to advertise their businesses on a section of one your outfield walls
  • Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Call Chico...

19 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

I’m sure some local guys will do it free if you offer to advertise their businesses on a section of one your outfield walls

This. We always had local guys do these type of repairs for free.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/22/2022 at 9:21 PM, Gut Wagon said:

Hawaii looks like its players average 10 pounds heavier and 2 inches taller. And that team has solid arms. Hard bunch to beat. 

Granted,  I have not seen all of the teams play,  but from what I have seen,  Hawaii is the team to beat. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I haven't been able to follow the LLWS as closely as I normally do but I noticed tonight that one of the Pearland coaches has dreadlocks. Does anyone know if he was the same guy that managed Pearland in the LLWS about 7 years ago?

I haven't been able to follow the LLWS as closely as I normally do but I noticed tonight that one of the Pearland coaches has dreadlocks. Does anyone know if he was the same guy that managed Pearland in the LLWS about 7 years ago?

Yeah, they mentioned earlier he brought a team to Williamsport a few years ago. Seems he’s there for additional experience
  • Hook 'Em 2