Star Wars - Ahsoka

UT_OB1

I know very little about these characters and am looking forward to this series. I love Rosario Dawson. Definitely fapped to her in Kids (she's older than me so no pedo). I also like to think she's the same as her character in Clerks and does ass to mouth.

Edited by 'stache

On 4/14/2023 at 11:16 AM, 'stache said:

I know very little about these characters and am looking forward to this series. I love Rosario Dawson. Definitely fapped to her in Kids (she's older than me so no pedo). I also like to think she's the same as her character in Clerks and does ass to mouth.

LOL

If you're a fan you really should watch Rebels before the Ahsoka series. It's basically setting up to be a live-action sequel of that series.  I'm sure you could still enjoy Ahsoka even if you haven't seen Rebels, but it will be 10x better if you have.

Rebels isn't nearly as long as Clone Wars (little to no "filler" episodes - only 4 seasons with 75 total episodes) and you could easily knock it out before Ahsoka starts.

It has a very OT feel and seriously has 3-4 all-time great Star Wars moments in it.

Yes, Rebels is a great series. You have to get past a few things at first like Ezra being a whiny ass brat and the shoehorning in of Sabine's spray paint art. Once you get into the meat of it with Kanan and the Ghost Crew after the first few episodes, it really hits its stride and is just a fun series. It really paints the bleakness of what the Rebels are up against.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Yes, Rebels is a great series. You have to get past a few things at first like Ezra being a whiny ass brat and the shoehorning in of Sabine's spray paint art. Once you get into the meat of it with Kanan and the Ghost Crew after the first few episodes, it really hits its stride and is just a fun series. It really paints the bleakness of what the Rebels are up against.

Yeah the first season is a little uneven but man… once it gets going… so much great stuff… The Inquisitors/Vader, Ashoka, Mon Mothma and the nascent Rebellion, Saw Gurerra, Thrawn, Agent Callus (hope he ends up in live action), and on and on. Fantastic show.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/15/2023 at 1:15 PM, oSuJeff97 said:

It has a very OT feel and seriously has 3-4 all-time great Star Wars moments in it.

At least two; between the Ahsoka, Darth Vader, and Darth Maul round robin in ‘Twilight of the Apprentice’ and the conclusion of ‘Twin Suns.’ Those are up there with the final 4 episodes of Clone Wars S7 as the best content in Star Wars, animated or not. Were you including the World Between Worlds or the finale episode? Someone get ‘Stache a cheat guide of which essential episodes to watch in Rebels like they have for Clone Wars S1-6.

2 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

At least two; between the Ahsoka, Darth Vader, and Darth Maul round robin in ‘Twilight of the Apprentice’ and the conclusion of ‘Twin Suns.’ Those are up there with the final 4 episodes of Clone Wars S7 as the best content in Star Wars, animated or not. Were you including the World Between Worlds or the finale episode? Someone get ‘Stache a cheat guide of which essential episodes to watch in Rebels like they have for Clone Wars S1-6.

My personal favorite is the ending to Twin Suns. I really thought it couldn't get any better after the final confrontation, then just before the credits roll you get THAT scene with only one word of dialogue and the John Williams score. I legitimately sat there quietly trying to process what I just saw. 

Made me even more upset with the recent JJ/Rian trilogy, because what Filoni did there was what SW is all about. 

On 4/14/2023 at 11:16 AM, 'stache said:

I could get behind this idea.  

25 minutes ago, kevwun said:

You can watch Tales of the Jedi very quickly.  There isn't that many episodes and they are all short.

Yeah. These were better than expected in my opinion. Took about 15 minutes for them to give Dooku some serious character building. 

4 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Yeah when I think of the all-time great moments in that series they definitely include all of those you named, plus definitely the ending of "Jedi Night." 

There's also a playlist in Disney+ which is just Ahsoka essential episodes from Clone Wars (16 eps), Rebels (seven eps), and Tales of the Jedi (three eps).

I'm still working through Rebels and haven't seen Tales of the Jedi.

I saw that yesterday so I pulled up the

Ahsoka vs Vader duel just to watch it again

So good.

• 1 month later...

Yeah they f'ing nailed it. The one I'm not sold on is Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Hera but I'm hoping she'll prove me wrong. She just seems very low key as an actress in most things I've seen her in. Though she was great in the 3rd season of Fargo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah they f'ing nailed it. The one I'm not sold on is Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Hera but I'm hoping she'll prove me wrong. She just seems very low key as an actress in most things I've seen her in. Though she was great in the 3rd season of Fargo. 

I would have preferred unknown actors for all of them. I have a hard time seeing the characters and not the actors. Still hope it’s good.

7 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I have 100% confidence Rosario can carry the show. Her and the late great Ray Stevenson along with OG Thrawn...just keep Robert Rodriguez the fuck away.

I mean, his episode of Mandalorian was badass.

So bring him in as a hired gun to direct an action-heavy episode? IN.  Have him run a whole show? NOPE