Star Wars - Ahsoka

UT_OB1

I’m finally caught up. Ray Stevenson is the best Jedi villain post original trilogy. Full stop. We shouldn’t be surprised, he was great in everything. RIP. 

Spoiler

Dave is going to have to explain how/why Ahsoka can go to the World Between Worlds when others would just die. It’s the most confusing thing in Star Wars by far. It’s a cool concept, but it needs to get fleshed out more. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

8 hours ago, mdmost said:

I feel like Zeb's absence is a CGI cost cutting move as it would be more expensive to have him than not. But there's still plenty of season left for him to show up. 

If we don’t see him, I’d like an answer to why it was so important to have him briefly appear in Mando and not in Ahsoka. But I think we will see him 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, mdmost said:

I feel like Zeb's absence is a CGI cost cutting move as it would be more expensive to have him than not. But there's still plenty of season left for him to show up. 

Agree. I’d like to see him, but I don’t want it to look like shit either. 

Yeah I can't imagine Zeb not showing up.

This is Filoni's show that is a direct sequel series to Rebels. Zeb is absolutely gonna show up at some point.

I'll tell you who else I'd love to see - Agent Fucking Kallus.  Having him and Zeb show up together at some point to fight Thrawn would be *chef's kiss*

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

This is Filoni's show that is a direct sequel series to Rebels. Zeb is absolutely gonna show up at some point.
I'll tell you who else I'd love to see - Agent Fucking Kallus.  Having him and Zeb show up together at some point to fight Thrawn would be *chef's kiss*

That’s pretty much what my daughter and I said, Zeb and Kallus needs to come flying in on the phantom II and dock on the Ghost…

As they prepare to board the Chimera “ghost” ship

Just watched the ep. I realize this is a common and trite question with force users, but did we ever see Ashoka try to use the force to knock the map off of its perch?  

i understand that we needed her to fight her way to it so that she could grab it so that she could burn her hand so that she would have to fight one handed so that baylon would knock her over the edge- but why wouldn’t she have tried the force initially and have it not work because of the witch magic or because baylon counters her too quickly?

20 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I wonder if Hera's group getting banged up as the ring jumped away will be the impetus to "get the band back together" and loop in Zeb and Kallus, seeing as they're down a couple people now

• Hook 'Em 1

As a prequel kid and a big clone wars fan, this episode was awesome. Live action clones, Anakin, young Ahsoka, and Rex was cool to see. The Vader/Anakin parts were surprising to see but it was done VERY WELL. Gave me chills at times. Ahsoka is Filoni’s baby and this episode nails her growth as a character. 

Fucking tits. 

Tween Ahsoka wrecking shit... God damn.

Hayden's best performance of his life.

Star Mother Whale sending a clear message of how shit goes down in her world.

Have to be that guy: wtf with Hera leaving her child in a combat zone?

Maybe I missed something, but that annoyed me until the rest kicked in.

Edited by MissingInAction
Shit not shot fucking auto correct.cocksuckers
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Have to be that guy: wtf with Hera leaving her child in a combat zone?

Seemed like they already confirmed the planet was abandoned. Everyone left 

1 minute ago, MissingInAction said:

Have to be that guy: wtf with Hera living her child in a combat zone?

So I thought the same thing initially last week, but then realized it actually kind of makes sense in their world. It probably would in ours too if we grew up in a war zone. Sabine and Ezra - essentially the adopted kids of Hera and Kanan - were young teens when they started fighting (and killing) the Empire. Kanan served as a Padawan (kid) in the clone wars. Hera was a kid when she started. Jacen is more or less the same age as all of them. It is at least consistent

And Jacen - that is Filoni’s shout out to the expanded universe, right?

10 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Ahsoka’s eyes turn Sith for just a brief second after she defeats Anakin. It was her test - the Mortis arc said she and her master had a hidden darker side - would she be like Anakin - and she passed. 

That was damn good acting by Hayden. 

Does this then support the running theory that Anakin will replace the fathers spot in the force and Ahsoka the daughters spot? Leaving only the sons spot left empty? 

Teen Ahsoka was the daughter from Barbie. I liked this episode even if I didn't get the Clone Wars parts. I get the general idea that this is her when she's just starting out and when she's a full blown warrior on Mandalore. That portion I did watch with the final season of Clone Wars. Hayden is slowly being redeemed with each appearance he makes. 

Also, another decent ass shot of Hera. 

Edited by mdmost

End credits had an interesting note.  It credited Temeura Morrison as Captain/Commander Rex. Consistent with the time jumps in the episode. Captain in the first flashback and Commander at the start of the Siege of Mandalore. 

Would love to see an older Rex with a white beard at some point in the series. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Rebels epilogue shout out.

I’ve seen the epilogue. I knew he was already a character. I didn’t realize he was named Jacen until the last episode. So my question still stands - EU call out?  Filoni likes to pull that material in to canon, or at least turn it in to Easter eggs

1 minute ago, UT_OB1 said:

I’ve seen the epilogue. I knew he was already a character. I didn’t realize he was named Jacen until the last episode. So my question still stands - EU call out?  Filoni likes to pull that material in to canon, or at least turn it in to Easter eggs

I think it's a wink at the legends canon and his bid to have some star wars outside of/distinct from the Skywalker saga. Who knows, maybe Kanans kid will lead the empire reborn or some shit like the EU did when it ran out of crazy ideas lol

Hayden clearly couldn't make chicken salad out of George's chicken shit dialogue and pacing, but give him some decent lines and a bit more of a building suspenseful scene to play out and he is a way better actor than he got pigeonholed as after the Prequels.  Maybe Jake Lloyd should give Dave a call....he's like the Nick Saban rehabilitation camp for Star Wars actors.  

And I could give a shit about Hera's acting....more walking in front of the camera.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

“I will not fight you.”

“I’ve heard that before.”

Good shit, Filoni.

Yea maybe my favorite moment in the episode.  And an example of where Hayden played it great. There was no sneering, terse,  emo, whatever prequels Anakin would have been when he said that.  Instead a more mature delivery with the most subtle hint of the kind of snark that only comes with some wisdom and experience. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1