Star Wars - Ahsoka

UT_OB1

I'm assuming since Asoka left the order, her being alive doesn't destroy the OT's "He's our only hope,  no there is another" conversation between Yoda and Obi. But thinking back Yoda had to have known she was alive during the OT times. And where is Luke right now? With empire force wielding dark jedis/wannabe sith and inquisitors running around, you'd think someone within the Republic would let him know. Maybe he makes an appearance ala mando? 

Did anyone else notice at the beginning of the first episode, when the Lucafilm logo came on screen it shimmered red, its usually green 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Smax said:

I'm assuming since Asoka left the order, her being alive doesn't destroy the OT's "He's our only hope,  no there is another" conversation between Yoda and Obi. But thinking back Yoda had to have known she was alive during the OT times. And where is Luke right now? With empire force wielding dark jedis/wannabe sith and inquisitors running around, you'd think someone within the Republic would let him know. Maybe he makes an appearance ala mando? 

Did anyone else notice at the beginning of the first episode, when the Lucafilm logo came on screen it shimmered red, its usually green 

Yeah I noticed that too

8 hours ago, Smax said:

People need to quit getting so hung up on lines of dialogue in the OT that were written before ideas were fully fleshed out and certainly not with the idea that this franchise would still be going nearly 50 (!) years later.

The "only hope/no there is another" line was meant to refer to Luke's sister, but it wasn't originally Leia. Lucas' original plan was to have the sequel trilogy about Luke tracking down his long-lost sister to finally defeat the Emperor...(the Emperor was originally going to survive the first trilogy)... of course what ended up happening was Lucas was burned out by the time ROTJ was in production so he just made Leia Luke's sister and then killed off the Emperor with no intentions (at the time) to do any more movies.

Obviously many, many other Jedi survived Order 66 and made it into OT era per the new canon, so it's best just to go with it. :)

• Hook 'Em 3

Luke is off building his Kylo Ren mindfuck academy and getting all Rian Johnson'd up to subvert your expectations.  

I wonder if in all of this or the tie it all together and wrap it up in a bow movie we see Ahsoka perish (maybe in some act of sacrifice) since if memory serves me correctly hers is one of all those voices Rey heard.  

Anakin is in this series at some point, but will it be a flash back or will he force ghost appear to Ahsoka?

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Haha 1

On 8/23/2023 at 10:19 PM, jofus said:

That inquisitor feels like it’ll be a twist reveal about who it is later on. Could it be Ezra?

Rewatching some Rebels with my son, and this is Filoni's show, and if it was Ezra, it would be a big "fuck you" to the Rebels fans given everything that happened to him in that show and how he was built up over the series, as well just out-of-character and/or saying "oh yeah, he turned out to be weak".

Plus, him coming back would remove part of the point of them going out to the unknown region(s) and spending time out there, which would wreck what everybody wants to see in this series - the unknown regions.  Filoni mentioned in an interview that fans want to see some truly new locations, and they wanted to do that.

On 8/24/2023 at 11:31 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah there's absolutely going to be some kind of reveal (Starkiller? Cal Kestis?) but I don't think it'll be Ezra. 

Starkiller (Galen Marek), the voice actor is in the credits of Ahsoka, but he has voiced Maul in Rebels and some other SW characters so....

Harrison Ford Shrug GIF by Star Wars

If I were a betting man, I'd say either an unknown character (which could be a villain to setup future seasons) or Mara Jade.  We haven't seen her, and would be an extremely interesting way to bring her into Official Star Wars Canon, and the timeline would dovetail with her potentially hooking up with Luke.

Star Wars fansites would melt down in ecstasy if it was Mara Jade.

On 8/25/2023 at 8:56 AM, Nivek said:

Seems to me there is a little inconsistency with Ahsoka rejecting baby yoda because he had some baggage and attachment, but her accepting Sabine again and remarking that they are doing it for Ezra.  

Well it seems padawan Sabine was relatively close to the end of Rebels, where Mando is contemporaneous with Ashoka. So timeline wise it would make sense that after Sabine she would be less down for Grogu, or teaching in general. 

I think the turn we see in episode 2 is Ashoka deciding that she NEEDS someone to watch her back if she's going to go after Thrawn 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Rewatching some Rebels with my son, and this is Filoni's show, and if it was Ezra, it would be a big "fuck you" to the Rebels fans given everything that happened to him in that show and how he was built up over the series, as well just out-of-character and/or saying "oh yeah, he turned out to be weak".

Plus, him coming back would remove part of the point of them going out to the unknown region(s) and spending time out there, which would wreck what everybody wants to see in this series - the unknown regions.  Filoni mentioned in an interview that fans want to see some truly new locations, and they wanted to do that.

Starkiller (Galen Marek), the voice actor is in the credits of Ahsoka, but he has voiced Maul in Rebels and some other SW characters so....

Harrison Ford Shrug GIF by Star Wars

If I were a betting man, I'd say either an unknown character (which could be a villain to setup future seasons) or Mara Jade.  We haven't seen her, and would be an extremely interesting way to bring her into Official Star Wars Canon, and the timeline would dovetail with her potentially hooking up with Luke.

Star Wars fansites would melt down in ecstasy if it was Mara Jade.

Literally melt down. Servers will be destroyed. Fire departments will have busy night. The whole internet may come down 

Well it seems padawan Sabine was relatively close to the end of Rebels, where Mando is contemporaneous with Ashoka. So timeline wise it would make sense that after Sabine she would be less down for Grogu, or teaching in general. 
I think the turn we see in episode 2 is Ashoka deciding that she NEEDS someone to watch her back if she's going to go after Thrawn 

Sabine is still a Mandolorian, and Ahsoka formerly led troops into battle. She could scrounge up some folks to join her with Hera’s help.

Inquisitor looked like a dude to me.

enjoyed the story telling and the escape of watching both episodes.

Only thing that keeps making me laugh is that the General's rank insignia makes me think of this every time it's in a shot:

preview-purina-logo.jpg

On 8/27/2023 at 10:44 AM, nineliveslost said:

I Enjoyed it. Thought it was better than BOBF and Obie. So far on par with Mandalorian. Typical Dave slow start but I am sure he is going to kick it up a notch

Totally.

Typical Dave Filoni Star Wars show:

1. Hmm. Kind of slow but feels right.

2. Oh wow this is getting good.

3. ZOMG HOLY SHIT

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/26/2023 at 9:09 AM, Captainant said:

If only there were two (or three) incredibly force sensitive heroes with Jedi training and no love for the Empire she could call for help…

Just now, UT_OB1 said:

It’s good. If you didn’t line mandalorian just move along though. 

I didn't dislike Mandalorian I just got sidetracked and never finished it after watching a few episodes. 

I mean I like most of the Star Wars IP that I've seen outside of eps 8 and 9 and that Kenobi show. 

Anakain is a key figure in this one, right? That interests me. I've always loved the narrative and world building of eps 1-6.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I didn't dislike Mandalorian I just got sidetracked and never finished it after watching a few episodes. 

I mean I like most of the Star Wars IP that I've seen outside of eps 8 and 9 and that Kenobi show. 

Anakain is a key figure in this one, right? That interests me. I've always loved the narrative and world building of eps 1-6.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

How is this so far? 

I watched some of Mandalorian but never went back, and I thought Andor was brilliant. 

Do you like Clone Wars and Rebels? If so then you”ll like this. It’s clearly a Filoni show (after all he’s the creator and writer and it’s hitting all his themes so far) and, well, it’s basically Rebels S5. Andor has a different feel (no Jedi, Force, etc). 

Hayden Christensen is confirmed, so Anakin will appear at some point (I’d guess as a Force ghost). Is he a “key figure?” So far, I’d say inasmuch as his training friendship had a huge influence on Ahsoka.

6 minutes ago, kevwun said:

They could do a flashback again also instead of a force ghost.

Yeah I bet it will be like in the Obi Wan show, where they de-age Hayden and have one or two flashbacks of their mentor-apprentice relationship. If Anakin couldn’t be bothered to come back as a force ghost to help his own kid during Eps. 7-9, why would he appear to Ahsoksa?

I hope Filoni strays from his MO of wasting the better part of a few episodes with filler that may or may not circle back two series from now. We only get 8 episodes so let not a minute of screen time go to waste. 

14 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I’ll admit I was ashamed I didn’t know the exact answer when I was asked this but vader is….dead now? He was around in clones. And no the answer isn’t watch clones again lol watched way too much stuff. 

Vadar wasn’t around in clone wars. He showed up in a slight flash forward at the very end of clone wars. Clone wars ends at the end of episode 3, roughly the same time Luke and Leia are born. Rebels occurs in the few years leading up to episode 4. This occurs approximately 5-7 years after RotJ. Clearly after season 2 of Mandalorian, and I’m guessing concurrent with S3.  

2 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

Vadar wasn’t around in clone wars. He showed up in a slight flash forward at the very end of clone wars. Clone wars ends at the end of episode 3, roughly the same time Luke and Leia are born. Rebels occurs in the few years leading up to episode 4. This occurs approximately 5-7 years after RotJ. Clearly after season 2 of Mandalorian, and I’m guessing concurrent with S3.  

Yeah the first episode of this show presumably takes place essentially right after the Ashoka episode of Mando Season 2.

I don't recall how much time was supposed to have passed between Mando seasons 2 and 3 so we may or may not be caught up to those events yet. What will be interesting is to see if/when we reach the point where Ashoka goes to visit Luke and Grogu that happened Boba Fett Season 1.

2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah the first episode of this show presumably takes place essentially right after the Ashoka episode of Mando Season 2.

I don't recall how much time was supposed to have passed between Mando seasons 2 and 3 so we may or may not be caught up to those events yet. What will be interesting is to see if/when we reach the point where Ashoka goes to visit Luke and Grogu that happened Boba Fett Season 1.

They said s3 of mando was about 2 years after s2. The episode with Ahsoka and Luke was in the book of boba though, so I’m assuming it was very soon after their very first meeting. Knowing that these shows are on collision course for an Avengers like team up movie, I’m assuming this is happening right around when s3 does. Also assuming Thrawn is going to make it out and be the Thanos 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Yall are right - that blond bitch doesn't blink. 

Some might see this one as a filler episode, but that dogfight was entertaining. 

I didn't think it was filler at all. There were several interesting things going on:

• New Republic politics - they've done some of this in Mando, but really driving home how the New Republic is fucking up by ignoring threats right in front of their face, e.g. Europe in the 1920s and 1930s.
  • The relationship/training between Ashoka and Sabine is fascinating. It's the first time in Star Wars we've seen the idea that a non-intuitive Force wielder can train to be a Jedi. They keep driving home the fact that Sabine doesn't have any Force "talent." I honestly hope it stays that way... it will go a long way for making long-term Star Wars more interesting if someone besides space wizards can be Jedi; or even if they keep with just the idea that anyone can learn to wield the Force - even in a limited capacity - if they train hard enough; that's a cool idea to explore vs. just what up to this point has been a genetic trait
  • Live action Purgil! I was wondering how they would look in live action and I think they really pulled it off. It really showed how massive (and dangerous) they can be, even to capital ships
Edited by oSuJeff97
can't spell for shit
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Is it just me or does the dialog seem stilted? It's like there's always a beat between one characters line then the next. 

Agreed... And Rosario/Ahsoka seems to have zero emotional engagement with her "friends"... even in the animated series, you could get that she cared for people- expressing passion, concern, joy, sadness. To this point, Ms. Dawson hasn't shown that she can out-act a literal two dimensional cartoon characterization.