Icahn: The Restless Billionaire - HBO documentary

UTexasFight

Actual trailer: 

Better review, but with spoilers: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-15/carl-icahn-hbo-documentary-review-the-lone-wolf-of-wall-street-won-t-ever-stop

Blurb on the Jamail segment that gives a taste without giving away too much: 

It includes colorful anecdotes from Icahn himself in a series of interviews, including one in which he claims to have joined celebrated Texas lawyer Joe Jamail in drinking a bottle of vodka at 10:30 a.m. at a fancy New York hotel while they tried to hammer out a plan to take Texaco out of bankruptcy. (Icahn’s impersonation of Jamail’s Texas accent through his own thick Queens accent is so hilariously bad it requires subtitles).

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Mr. Jamail always fascinated me. And to think he would of been an aggy if they weren’t so obnoxiously weird.  And T Boone too had they let him play B-ball, iirc.  They even aggyd up their potential fanatical billionaire boosters. 

It’s always refreshing to see some guy like that speak before a crowd and be candid, profane and not give a damn about what the crowd thinks while spinning a great yarn.  

I remember (or so I think) Herb Kelleher giving a talk before the National Press Club in DC.  He took his spot behind the dais and began to speak.  He pulled out a pack of smokes and fired up one.   Someone reminded Herb that the hotel ballroom was now a smoke free facility.  Unperturbed, Herb demanded an ashtray, got one, continues to puff away and give his talk like he owned the joint.   It was a fantastic display of old school badassery.  

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m pretty sure he was good buddies with the Sacklers of OxyContin infamy. Yeah, he was an asshole. 

Dude that doesn’t scratch the surface. I’m sure the Sacklers had LOTS of friends that don’t claim them now. Icahn is an egomaniacal destroyer of worlds. 

I watched the doc and enjoyed it, but it was a love letter to Icahn. Every question was a softball and they the filmmaker steered it in an overly positive direction. To the point where I think Icahn might have financed the film so his grandkids would have a nice memory of him. 

Very much this.