2022 NASCAR thread

Prepuce of Doom

I typically catch small portions of races throughout the year if I come across them, but have never really cared to watch more than an hour or so...always find something else to watch or do.  If I remember I always try to at least see the end of the Daytona 500, which I did this year.  Decided fuck it, let's see about trying to get into this shit a little more.  

Ended up watching the whole Fontana race. First race I have ever watched from start to finish that I can remember.  Entertaining enough I guess, but the best part was Logano calling Kenseth a prick during live interview (he may have said friend, but in my head it was prick, and will stay as prick because it was funny as hell) 

• Like 1

Same question for me. I have tickets for turn 12. 

Not sure if my kids have the attention span to sit through the whole race. Would it be better to get there before the start and watch the first half? or get there around half way and stay till the end?

On 3/24/2022 at 12:08 PM, blacklab said:

Same question for me. I have tickets for turn 12. 

Not sure if my kids have the attention span to sit through the whole race. Would it be better to get there before the start and watch the first half? or get there around half way and stay till the end?

I've never been to COTA, but I have been to lots of NASCAR. Pre-race can be kinda boring with all the ceremonial stuff, but you definitely want to be there for the first half. That's when most of the vendors/Sideshow Bob stuff is going on. Plus, you'll have to park in Round Rock if you show up late.

Got out to the track around 1:30, parked in F which amazingly was free. Went around the vendor area, bought one of the kiddos a tshirt and headed over to our seats at turn 12.  What a different clientele than the golf tournament. Who the hell decided to have both of these events the same weekend. 

Holy fuck are the cars loud.

Track limits? pfffft

Bump people out of the way to gain a spot? Sure why not.

So weird to see this stuff after watching F1 for a few years and not seeing a Nascar race in probably 10 years.

12 is a great corner to sit in. You can see most of the next few corners as well so I'd watch for people bombing into the turn and then watch that group throughout the next few as they battled back and forth.

Bet money against #51, #27, #66 on any road course. They would get the benefit of the bunch up/restart and be half a lap behind in 2 laps.

I'm assuming Chase Briscoe is related to Chad?

As with pretty much everything in the world, one of my kids loved it and the other hated it. One asked to leave 2 laps into the first race and the other I had to drag kicking and screaming away from the track even though he was sunburnt and tired. We ended up leaving about 40 laps in. Had a great time and will be back next year with one kid. Kid made me look up tickets for TMS so we're probably heading up there in a few weeks.

• Hook 'Em 2

Got out to the track around 1:30, parked in F which amazingly was free. Went around the vendor area, bought one of the kiddos a tshirt and headed over to our seats at turn 12.  What a different clientele than the golf tournament. Who the hell decided to have both of these events the same weekend. 
Holy fuck are the cars loud.
Track limits? pfffft
Bump people out of the way to gain a spot? Sure why not.
So weird to see this stuff after watching F1 for a few years and not seeing a Nascar race in probably 10 years.
12 is a great corner to sit in. You can see most of the next few corners as well so I'd watch for people bombing into the turn and then watch that group throughout the next few as they battled back and forth.
Bet money against #51, #27, #66 on any road course. They would get the benefit of the bunch up/restart and be half a lap behind in 2 laps.
I'm assuming Chase Briscoe is related to Chad?
As with pretty much everything in the world, one of my kids loved it and the other hated it. One asked to leave 2 laps into the first race and the other I had to drag kicking and screaming away from the track even though he was sunburnt and tired. We ended up leaving about 40 laps in. Had a great time and will be back next year with one kid. Kid made me look up tickets for TMS so we're probably heading up there in a few weeks.

Get a scanner for the kid who’s into it at TMS.

For Bowyer being an ex driver and Knaus being a fucking crew chief they seem not smart.

With like 20 to go I looked at the board and was like Hamlin is gonna win this I don't know why they are talking like Truex or Byron are. Then Bowyer says....I think there is too much real estate in between Hamlin and the leaders.

Dude it is simple math when someone is making up a sec per lap and is back 13 secs with 20 to go on way fucking newer tires lol.

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend was final nhra national event in Houston. Son and I had idea of getting drivers to autograph game used college, mlb baseballs we have as a neat keepsake. Today he got Tony Stewart to sign a baseball. 20220423_203148.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Lmao. Watching the Dover race that got postponed to today. Hamlin wins first stage then leaving pit after stage his right front wasn't lugged so this was the race out of the pits

Restarting 29th and 4 week suspensions e92d44fb6180c4dfe8961cd63a86bc81.jpg

Hamlin gets all the way back up to 4th with 9 to go in Stage 2 then a 3 lap down car spins out coming out of turn in from of him and rips off his right side lol. Him and Kyle Busch definitely seem to have the best cars today