2022 NASCAR thread

Prepuce of Doom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So Bowyer wasn't on telecast last weekend and Mike Joy said he was dealing with a "personal matter"

Yeah I would say so.......

LAKE OZARK, Mo. -- Former NASCAR driver and Fox Sports analyst Clint Bowyer struck and killed a pedestrian on a highway exit ramp in southwest Missouri earlier this month, police said.

The crash occurred June 5 on a ramp off of U.S. 54 near Osage Beach, Missouri, according to a crash report from Lake Ozark police.

Bowyer, a native of Emporia, Kansas, stopped immediately after the collision and called 911, police said. The woman, 47-year-old Mary Jane Simmons, of Camdenton, died at the scene.

The crash report says Bowyer showed no signs of impairment and provided a roadside blood sample that showed no trace of alcohol.

A crystalline substance was found with the woman's belongings and residents at a recreational vehicle park where she was staying said they believed she was under the influence of drugs, according to the police statement.

Bowyer retired in 2020 after winning 10 Cup Series races over 15 years. He has been a hit in the Fox Sports booth since he jumped into that job as a second career.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have Peacock so I have been going through a few of the Dale Jr Download episodes and they have been really cool.  Everyone here probably already knows about it because he is already on like season 4 or 5 , but I recommend for those who listen to podcasts etc.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/14/2022 at 9:57 AM, Scraps said:

I have Peacock so I have been going through a few of the Dale Jr Download episodes and they have been really cool.  Everyone here probably already knows about it because he is already on like season 4 or 5 , but I recommend for those who listen to podcasts etc.  

his podcasts are really good, some great stories from the old timers 

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

NASCAR adding the Carjack 500 for 2023:

CHI-22-345636-Chicago-Street-Weekend-Cou

Lol. I’d put the odds of this actually happening at under 50/50.  Lightfoot trying to pull off some Hail Mary plays.  The right and left hate her guts so I don’t blame her but this seems pretty far out there.  July 4 weekend is a cluster fuck as it stands.  Throw this in and it seems downright impossible to get anywhere that day.  

1 hour ago, chiwanna said:

I think NASCAR should scrap all of the rules that put restrictions on car set-up, engines, etc.  If they want to make their product less boring, and let's be honest, it's become pretty boring, they need to let the teams make any and all modifications they want.  Stipulate only the safety requirements, the manufacturer's body design and dimensions, and that the engine parts have to be from the manufacturer, and that's it.  Then let's see what these teams could really do if they had the shackles removed, and I guarantee you the product they would put out there would be infinitely more entertaining.  

Does F1 and Indy have such strict standardizations?  I honestly don't know...but it sure seems like there is more variation in performances in those leagues.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

I think NASCAR should scrap all of the rules that put restrictions on car set-up, engines, etc.  If they want to make their product less boring, and let's be honest, it's become pretty boring, they need to let the teams make any and all modifications they want.  Stipulate only the safety requirements, the manufacturer's body design and dimensions, and that the engine parts have to be from the manufacturer, and that's it.  Then let's see what these teams could really do if they had the shackles removed, and I guarantee you the product they would put out there would be infinitely more entertaining.  

Does F1 and Indy have such strict standardizations?  I honestly don't know...but it sure seems like there is more variation in performances in those leagues.

F1 might be the most boring fucking sport ever that involves cars. It is a parade and not a race.

If you think NASCAR is boring this year you obviously have not been watching.

Hell the Xfinity race at Pocono had more drama than all of the F1 races this year combined.

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

F1 might be the most boring fucking sport ever that involves cars. It is a parade and not a race.

If you think NASCAR is boring this year you obviously have not been watching.

Hell the Xfinity race at Pocono had more drama than all of the F1 races this year combined.

I admit I don't watch F1.  I'm just more curious is those leagues have the same amount of standardization that NASCAR employs.

I would just like to see what the racing would be like if teams had more freedom on car set-up. 

5 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

F1 is all about qualifying. That said, a superior driver in a superior ride can still come from the back.

On 7/28/2022 at 1:29 PM, utee94 said:

So is NACAR really going to let a Russian driver race this weekend, while pretty much every other sporting governing body has disqualified Russian athletes/competitors?

Probably discovered that their ratings among this demographic were slipping. 

9b2_717trump1-3-800x430.jpg

• Haha 2

Lol yeah I am surprised it ended when it did.  I thought they were going to have to continue to restart numerous times from turn 1 fuckery.  

Chastain trying to be slick was an interesting move lol.  I am really shocked that either him or Reddick didn't wreck each other when they had their little lead changes there.  

• Like 1