My best friend died today

Doc Reeves

43 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

My buddy was 35 and had intestine surgery in Oct. There were complications and a stint in the ICU and he was in the hospital past Christmas. He was single and his mom was checking on him today. They had a good conversation while she rubbed his back. She stepped out of the room to call her sister and when she came back 15min later he was gone. Just peacefully.

Craig was a character but if I had to tell something about him to describe him I’d say he was born and raised in Boston and was a Southie growing up. He liked to let loose and enjoyed the drink but had the character to stand up for the little guy/gal.

Hes that guy who watched over the passed out chick on the couch all night because there were some sketchy people sleeping in the house too. 

he’s the guy who was nice, polite and loved people but knew all the hustles/cons/grifts and had no problem calling your shit out a mile away. He wasn’t scared of anything and could take a punch.

so long partner. I’ll see you when I see you

92204FA0-BFAB-4DDA-9A56-CD90D8D10460.jpeg.33a4f0c4f39277d5487d54ff8f64e717.jpeg

RIP Craig. Sounds like a helluva guy. Sorry for your loss, Doc. Hoping you find peace in this difficult time.

• Hook 'Em 2

Damn fine eulogy for us who didn’t know him. Sorry for your loss, sincerely. I’m 48 and haven’t lost a truly close friend yet. Most men don’t really make new friends as adults, so when we lose a part of our circle it’s a huge deal.

Take care of yourself. Feel it and miss him, and pay attention to your own health and frame of mind. I wish you the very best and I’m sorry for what you are having to go through.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m sorry for your loss.

I lost my lifelong best friend (we bonded over Cabbage Patch dolls in third grade and we were inseparable from them on) to complications from Type I diabetes three years ago last month.

And I miss her every single day.

She was hilarious and kind and she was my platonic soul mate.

Look out for Craig, CJ. Sounds like you’ll get along great.

Losing a best friend sucks.

3f64bea43a80a233cd1ed55987b60f17.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Hey guys, I gotta say thanks again for all your well wishes, it was a very nice and unexpected gesture from this community and it really meant a lot to feel like there were others commiserating with me for a moment. Cheers to you internet. 

this is a song that’s not really my style, but it somehow fits Craig perfectly and his mom and I were listening to it while we were packing up his stuff last night. So thanks again everyone, truly. And one last, final salute

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

On 2/17/2022 at 10:03 PM, Doc Reeves said:

My buddy was 35 and had intestine surgery in Oct. There were complications and a stint in the ICU and he was in the hospital past Christmas. He was single and his mom was checking on him today. They had a good conversation while she rubbed his back. She stepped out of the room to call her sister and when she came back 15min later he was gone. Just peacefully.

Craig was a character but if I had to tell something about him to describe him I’d say he was born and raised in Boston and was a Southie growing up. He liked to let loose and enjoyed the drink but had the character to stand up for the little guy/gal.

Hes that guy who watched over the passed out chick on the couch all night because there were some sketchy people sleeping in the house too. 

he’s the guy who was nice, polite and loved people but knew all the hustles/cons/grifts and had no problem calling your shit out a mile away. He wasn’t scared of anything and could take a punch.

so long partner. I’ll see you when I see you

92204FA0-BFAB-4DDA-9A56-CD90D8D10460.jpeg.33a4f0c4f39277d5487d54ff8f64e717.jpeg

Damn Doc sorry to hear this. Young and a quick reminder of the brevity of life and how often we take it for granted.  Sorry for your loss man. 

• Hook 'Em 1