Rice @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 hour ago, zlavydra said:

Who gets the mid-week starts?

I want it to Cobb. Has weekend starter experience and has had time in the program to develop. Pierce has shown he’s a great pitching coach. 

Really hope tomorrow we give Campbell the nod in right with Kash at dh, Todd getting the day off and Stehly or Messinger at 3rd. 

5 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

My birthday was on friday, I am wildly out of order and do not mean anything mean.I’m being cheeky.

Unless you’re being mean. Then my mean things mean the meaning of previous posts

Hey mine too. 

now fuck off :)

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

That change up he brought out against Tennessee was unreal. Our Sunday guy is unhittable, can go deep in the game and is a sure fire mlb talent. Our Sunday guy. This is like in 09 when we had Jungmann and Workman as our 3rd and 4th starters

Best Sunday guy since Workman?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fletch said:

That change up he brought out against Tennessee was unreal. Our Sunday guy is unhittable, can go deep in the game and is a sure fire mlb talent. Our Sunday guy. This is like in 09 when we had Jungmann and Workman as our 3rd and 4th starters

I don't think it's that insane to suggest that Witt could wind up being the best arm in college baseball. 

The stuff he was bringing towards the end of last season was just disgusting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, BERT said:

Best Sunday guy since Workman?

Him or Jungmann. Jungmann got the Sunday spot basically by conference play iirc. Ruffin-Green-Jungmann with Workman doin Tuesday’s iirc. But yeah Jungmann was serious Friday night material as a freshman. Looks like we got another with Witt. Wonder if we’re gonna fuck with the rotation some. Wouldn’t surprise me if Witt is our Friday dude come conference play with Hansen Saturday and stevens Sunday.

The tinkering with the pitching staff and the on going battle at locking down 3rd or dh with Messinger, Stehly, Kash and maybe Campbell is gonna be fun as fuck to watch play our. We probably need Campbell getting as many reps in right as possible though. Shit O’Dowd is kind of the dark horse in that competition. Un fucking real.

The days of Jake Mackenzie, Tate Shaw and Michael McCann are finally over. And we made it to the CWS with those jags….

43 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't think it's that insane to suggest that Witt could wind up being the best arm in college baseball. 

The stuff he was bringing towards the end of last season was just disgusting. 

No shit dumbfuck that’s what I was saying. Jungmann was the Sunday starter in 09 and his was arguably one of the best pitchers in the country that year. Witt will dominate just like Jungmann did 

Him or Jungmann. Jungmann got the Sunday spot basically by conference play iirc. Ruffin-Green-Jungmann with Workman doin Tuesday’s iirc. But yeah Jungmann was serious Friday night material as a freshman. Looks like we got another with Witt. Wonder if we’re gonna fuck with the rotation some. Wouldn’t surprise me if Witt is our Friday dude come conference play with Hansen Saturday and stevens Sunday.
The tinkering with the pitching staff and the on going battle at locking down 3rd or dh with Messinger, Stehly, Kash and maybe Campbell is gonna be fun as fuck to watch play our. We probably need Campbell getting as many reps in right as possible though. Shit O’Dowd is kind of the dark horse in that competition. Un fucking real.

The days of Jake Mackenzie, Tate Shaw and Michael McCann are finally over. And we made it to the CWS with those jags….

Jungmann was on Friday, Green, and then Workman.

2 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Witt's stuff looks electric. Rice dude just put a nice swing on that one pitch right down the middle. And it carried. Which means we're going to hit some bombs today.

Yeah he seemed a little fired up. Good bounce back from the homer. He’s going to be lights out when he settled in as a starter