Bond 25

ConferenceRoom

I just watched this last night.  Never read anything about the movie, so I had no expectations.  Action scenes were well done, scenery (especially Italy) was gorgeous.  I enjoyed the "Did she betray me or did she not?" quandry that Bond struggled with.  Those are the nice things I have to say about the movie.  The one super glaring plot hole made the whole movie ridiculous and ruined it for me. 

Spoiler

Nanobots huh?  OK.  You can't ever get rid of them once infected huh?  It's totally impossible!  Oh by the way James, here's a wrist watch that can create localized EMP bursts to fry electronic circuits.  It'll totally destroy electronic locks and bionic eyes, but not nanobots!  Nanobots definitely are built with Faraday cages around them to protect them from EMP bursts!

I also had a huge issue with how exactly Blofeld interacted with the bionic eye while imprisoned.  It was never explained.  Did he have a brain-controlled 5G computer implanted in his brain?

• Haha 1

Glad to run into another OHMSS fan in the wild. It figures that you would have the same avatar as me. Lazenby and the movie are both underrated.

OHMSS is one of my favorites. I believe had Connery done it it would be held in higher esteem. Great locations, Diana Rigg, the skiing and bobsled chases. As a kid I had no real issue with Lazenby other than he wasn’t Sean Connery.

• 4 months later...
On 2/3/2022 at 1:02 PM, Texzilla58 said:

OHMSS is one of my favorites. I believe had Connery done it it would be held in higher esteem. Great locations, Diana Rigg, the skiing and bobsled chases. As a kid I had no real issue with Lazenby other than he wasn’t Sean Connery.

I wish Lazenby would have done at least one more. He was a good Connery replacement. He would have grown into the role. 

• 3 weeks later...