Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

39 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
48 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Damn straight. Keep it somewhat clean, organized, and moving. Gotta make sure the money/checks don’t get tossed with the wrapping paper

I'm the same way when I go to my parents house with them and my sister. Keep it clean and put it in as you go.

I don't know why we can't come up with something better than wrapping paper.  Nobody has ever wanted to wrap gifts.  Just put it in a decorative bag. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I don't know why we can't come up with something better than wrapping paper.  Nobody has ever wanted to wrap gifts.  Just put it in a decorative bag. 
I bring this up all the time. It's a fucking waste in all phases. Buying it. Using it to wrap the gifts. Unwrapping it because some people like my mom make it almost impossible to unwrap in an easy manner. Then discarding trash bags of it. Unnecessary. Like you said, just put in a bag. I honestly don't get the fascination with needing it wrapped. Does it make it less of a gift if you hand it to me with no paper wrapped around it? Nope. It's all the same in the end.
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

Damn that’s incredibly sad on so many levels. Who the fuck uses Apple Music?

I use both Spotify and Apple Music. My fiance added me as a user on hers. The interface and layout on Apple Music is much better than Spotify. Spotify still looks outdated as hell. Only thing Spotify is better at is the vast amount of custom playlists you can find and how it finds you new music (but I don't use this feature as I know exactly what I want to listen to). 

44 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I bring this up all the time. It's a fucking waste in all phases. Buying it. Using it to wrap the gifts. Unwrapping it because some people like my mom make it almost impossible to unwrap in an easy manner. Then discarding trash bags of it. Unnecessary. Like you said, just put in a bag. I honestly don't get the fascination with needing it wrapped. Does it make it less of a gift if you hand it to me with no paper wrapped around it? Nope. It's all the same in the end.

I only wrap gifts for children under the age of 10. 

They really enjoy tearing into the paper.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the purpose of wrapping paper is to disguise what it is until the gift is opened.
Bags work for small stuff, I suppose, and I prefer them, but there's a ton of gifts that won't fit in a bag.
But what's the point of disguising the gift? In the end, means zero. Just give me the gift as it is. Especially if you're an adult. Does it make the gift better if you don't know what it is for 5 seconds before opening the paper?

7 minutes ago, markstanco said:

My birthday is Sunday, and my wife bought for me what I asked her to get.  Yes she wrapped it.  If she just got it out of the UPS/Amazon box and handed it to me Sunday that would mean very little.  

Say what now? She must be good as hell at wrapping a gift!

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, Augustus said:
I'm pretty sure the purpose of wrapping paper is to disguise what it is until the gift is opened.
Bags work for small stuff, I suppose, and I prefer them, but there's a ton of gifts that won't fit in a bag.

But what's the point of disguising the gift? In the end, means zero. Just give me the gift as it is. Especially if you're an adult. Does it make the gift better if you don't know what it is for 5 seconds before opening the paper?

Well I was thinking less of gifts for adults and more for kids Christmas, birthday parties, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Well I was thinking less of gifts for adults and more for kids Christmas, birthday parties, etc.

And I do agree with that for kids. 

In fact as an adult at this point, I don't even want gifts. I hate how commercialized Christmas is and people get legit stressed and anxious over all the gifts they need. Leave the gifts for the kids and the adults can just chill and enjoy each other's company. That is all I care about. Christmas can be a beating. Both sides of my family like to do these White Elephant bullshit and exchange gifts. And most of them are shit you will forget about soon after.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

315470450_174841011883059_59150014454791

Here's why you should not GOSSIP.
In Ancient Greece, Socrates had a great reputation of wisdom. One day, someone came to find the great philosopher and said to him:
- Do you know what I just heard about your friend?
- A moment, replied Socrates. Before you tell me, I would like to test you the three sieves.
- The three sieves?
- Yes, continued Socrates. Before telling anything about the others, it's good to take the time to filter what you mean. I call it the test of the three sieves. The first sieve is the TRUTH. Have you checked if what you're going to tell me is true?
- No, I just heard it.
- Very good! So, you don't know if it's true. We continue with the second sieve, that of KINDNESS. What you want to tell me about my friend, is it good?
- Oh, no! On the contrary.
- So, questioned Socrates, you want to tell me bad things about him and you're not even sure they're true? Maybe you can still pass the test of the third sieve, that of UTILITY. Is it useful that I know what you're going to tell me about this friend?
- No, really.
- So, concluded Socrates, what you were going to tell me is neither true, nor good, nor useful. Why, then, did you want to tell me this?
"Gossip is a bad thing. In the beginning it may seem enjoyable and fun, but in the end, it fills our hearts with bitterness and poisons us, too!" 
- Pope Francis

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

In fact as an adult at this point, I don't even want gifts. I hate how commercialized Christmas is and people get legit stressed and anxious over all the gifts they need. Leave the gifts for the kids and the adults can just chill and enjoy each other's company. That is all I care about. Christmas can be a beating. Both sides of my family like to do these White Elephant bullshit and exchange gifts. And most of them are shit you will forget about soon after.

This is why thanksgiving has always been my favorite. Just cook food and enjoy being around your family. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

This is why thanksgiving has always been my favorite. Just cook food and enjoy being around your family. 

Yes sir! Meant to add that. Thanksiving is great because it is Christmas minus all the bullshit. My favorite holiday of the year. Also guaranteed football on all day. NFL all day and then another NFL game at night mixed with college. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

A few years after my siblings and I graduated from college we agreed to stop giving each other and my parents gifts at Christmas. Sure makes the holiday more fun and less stressful. 

• Hook 'Em 1