Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

Yep it hits home.
Maybe this should go on the Dad thread, but I’ve seen a similar one about not knowing the last time you pick up and carry your son. My boys is 6, and I think about it pretty often.

My daughter is autistic. From when she was a toddler she demanded to sleep in bed with me. This went on until she was 9, no matter how I tried to cajole her she just refused to sleep in her own room. I was getting worried about it and wondered if she’d still be doing it at 11 or something where it would be completely inappropriate. Then one day out of the blue she just said she wanted to sleep in her own bed, and that was it. After all my consternation about it, it was weird and a little sad that she was over it and moving on.
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Paco said:
10 hours ago, nnm said:
You’re right on both counts. But I read it as if he’s claiming Jeep lineage for a modern Jeep. Dumb meme shouldn’t be overanalyzed. I just react against the idiotic Jeep cult. 

My Mitsubishi sunk your battleship!

Too soon

19 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Well fuck 186c5b9bc5e51e8b32368c8b9b58098b.jpg

I saw a similar one once that was basically "at some point you hopped on your bike to ride to your friend's house for the last time without realizing it."

I sometimes think about the final line from Stand by Me. "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12. Jesus, does anyone?"

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

.05b6777e3e8c7ee122b7e720e26518d2.jpg

I rarely drink beer these day, but I had stopped drinking draft beer for quite a while. There was too much variance in how beer tasted from bar to bar. A Dos XX at one bar would taste much different at another. I always assumed it had to do with the equipment and how often it was cleaned. I much prefer beer in a bottle.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Hate said:

I rarely drink beer these day, but I had stopped drinking draft beer for quite a while. There was too much variance in how beer tasted from bar to bar. A Dos XX at one bar would taste much different at another. I always assumed it had to do with the equipment and how often it was cleaned. I much prefer beer in a bottle.

I quit drinking altogether, but I will got to my grave insisting that tap beer is quite often worse for hangovers than an identical amount of the same type of beer out of bottles because of how gross tap lines are. 

• Like 1