Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

6 hours ago, Incredulity said:

1991.  It’s not close.  

1 hour ago, futureman said:

basically comes down to are T2 and Point Break collectively better than Sandlot and Jurassic Park?  I think that is close. 

It’s the whole year, right?  If I also get Last action hero, grumpy old men, in the line of fire, 3 musketeers, Groundhog Day, and a few other solid ones,  I’m going 93 without hesitation 

If we’re getting all the year, then it is 95 vs 99 for me. For 95 they didn’t even list Apollo 13, Seven, Braveheart, or fucking Toystory and all of those were highly rewatchable favorites of mine. You get fight club, mummy, and American pie in 99, which is a really fucking solid start when you throw in the Matrix, but I think 95 has a deeper bench. 

11 hours ago, futureman said:

basically comes down to are T2 and Point Break collectively better than Sandlot and Jurassic Park?  I think that is close. 

It's not even close.  T2 and Point Break are fucking classics.  The Sandlot is probably a classic, but Jurassic Park was really good at the time, but not a classic. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

39 minutes ago, Hate said:

It's not even close.  T2 and Point Break are fucking classics.  The Sandlot is probably a classic, but Jurassic Park was really good at the time, but not a classic. 

So point break is a "classic" but jurassic park isn't. 

That's certainly a take. 

• Like 1

Well, Point Break was on this weekend and I stopped to watch it. I came in on the part at the airport and had to watch the ending.  If Jurassic Park was on and there was literally nothing else on to watch I would turn off the TV and find something else to do. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hate said:

Well, Point Break was on this weekend and I stopped to watch it. I came in on the part at the airport and had to watch the ending.  If Jurassic Park was on and there was literally nothing else on to watch I would turn off the TV and find something else to do. 

the lack of humility before nature that's being displayed here... staggers me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hate said:

I mean you can like point break more than JP - I don't give a shit. Throwing the "classic" label around implies a sort of cultural significance. Jurassic Park is one of the most transformative movies ever made and point break is just a fun action movie. 

• Hook 'Em 1