Texas @ Texas A&M - CC series thread

TrashMaster G

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Well..... certainly a win. Burn the tape, practice defense.

1 hour ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I can think of at least three or four teams in the last 10 years that go out and lose that game. Maybe the pitching gives up 5 or 6 hits to pile on top of the errors instead of 2 and picking up the defense. Perhaps the offense can’t overcome a shitty night at the plate when it counts and just leaves everyone on base. Yeah the last ten years was full of that shit. Maybe this team can do the little things and pick up an ugly win here and there.

This is what I meant, Tex. It’s baseball. Some days everyones just a little off. That was most of our team tonight. Like 7 of our last 10 teams lose that game. We gutted it out and found a way to win 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Were the Corpus players chirping at Faltine all game? 

Faltine likes to talk so it wouldn't surprise me if there was a lot of that going back and forth between him and the Corpus players. But I don't know anything beyond that reputation.

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Faltine likes to talk so it wouldn't surprise me if there was a lot of that going back and forth between him and the Corpus players. But I don't know anything beyond that reputation.

Faltine definitely likes to chirp from what I've seen. I couldn't really see anything on the broadcast but the broadcaster made it sound like the Corpus players were ready to fight after the game. 

16 hours ago, petscii said:

More importantly, I'd not been there in 40 years since I was a yute.  When did it become a shithole?

Corpus has unfortunately been stuck in 1990. Spent my summers there as a kid with my grandparents. It had/has so much potential that has been squandered. 

22 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

You caught it from the roof of that building? Very impressive. 

The bay was angry that day my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli. I got about 50 feet up and suddenly the great beast appeared before me. I tell ya he was 10 stories high if he was a foot. As if sensing my presence it let out a great bellow! I said "easy big fellow!" As I watched him struggle I could see something was obstructing its breathing. Then from where I was standing I could see directly into the eye of the great fish.  Then from out of nowhere,  a huge tidal wave lifted me, tossed me in the air  like a cork and I found myself right on top of em. Face to face with fish  I could barely see from the waves crashing down upon me but I knew something was there. So finally I reached in, felt around, and pulled out the obstruction.