Looking Ahead- Tuesday March 1st at SHSU

Sir Ulrich

Last night I made the trip to the Globe to watch SHSU square off against AP #4 OSU. After traffic and stopping in at Texas live I got in on the last play of the T3 with the score knotted 0-0 and the following were my untrained opinions on the SHSU team that has now beat Nebraska 3 of 4 and taken out a top 4 team in OSU. 

• Sam was able to work their way on base in 9 of the 10 innings and seemed to work longer into counts 
  • Both teams got out of jams consistently and forced weak groundballs to get outs
  • Sam belonged on the same field and we felt they could have broken it open at anytime
  • Sam let their guys get out of their own mess while OSU had an revolving door on the pen (pitchers used OSU 9- Sam-5)

Obviously take this Tuesday night game with a grain of salt but with both teams coming out hot and winning series vs favored opponents this was a good showing for a mid major team vs a solid B12 squad. If Texas can work the SHSU pitchers and pound the zone then we should wrap up a win by the 5th or 6th inning. Either way should be a solid midweek matchup as Peirce returns to the program he built into one of the better mid majors in the country.

If all goes to plan I will be in attendance and I would recommend the trip to anybody free that night as it is one of the best small school stadiums and will be heavily attended as SHSU is hosting their annual crawfish boil for students. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Last night I made the trip to the Globe to watch SHSU square off against AP #4 OSU. After traffic and stopping in at Texas live I got in on the last play of the T3 with the score knotted 0-0 and the following were my untrained opinions on the SHSU team that has now beat Nebraska 3 of 4 and taken out a top 4 team in OSU. 
  • Sam was able to work their way on base in 9 of the 10 innings and seemed to work longer into counts 
  • Both teams got out of jams consistently and forced weak groundballs to get outs
  • Sam belonged on the same field and we felt they could have broken it open at anytime
  • Sam let their guys get out of their own mess while OSU had an revolving door on the pen (pitchers used OSU 9- Sam-5)
Obviously take this Tuesday night game with a grain of salt but with both teams coming out hot and winning series vs favored opponents this was a good showing for a mid major team vs a solid B12 squad. If Texas can work the SHSU pitchers and pound the zone then we should wrap up a win by the 5th or 6th inning. Either way should be a solid midweek matchup as Peirce returns to the program he built into one of the better mid majors in the country.
If all goes to plan I will be in attendance and I would recommend the trip to anybody free that night as it is one of the best small school stadiums and will be heavily attended as SHSU is hosting their annual crawfish boil for students. 

Assume can get tickets walking up? Thinking of making it up there from the woodlands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, txduck87 said:

Assume can get tickets walking up? Thinking of making it up there from the woodlands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easily 

The bama series then this game followed by Tennessee, lsu and UCLA. Then two mid week games against Texas state then off to Columbia. Next 12 games is gonna show us what we got. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if went 12-0 in that stretch. We’re just filthy in every facet of the game. But it I had to guess, I’d say 10-2 Sweep bama, take care of Sam Houston, go 2-1 in Houston and take 2 of 3 against the cocks

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Easily 

The bama series then this game followed by Tennessee, lsu and UCLA. Then two mid week games against Texas state then off to Columbia. Next 12 games is gonna show us what we got. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if went 12-0 in that stretch. We’re just filthy in every facet of the game. But it I had to guess, I’d say 10-2 Sweep bama, take care of Sam Houston, go 2-1 in Houston and take 2 of 3 against the cocks

We are sweeping USCe, because I don't want to hear shit from their fans while I am there!

8 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

We are sweeping USCe, because I don't want to hear shit from their fans while I am there!

God damn right. Especially with that swagger you’re gonna bring 

Am I the only one who thinks we could almost easily go 12-0 in that stretch, sweep incarnate word, beat central Arkansas and go into conference play at 24-0? I could easily see it happening, but we’ll probably be like 20–4 or so by the time we visit Lubbock. We’ll leave that shit hole 23-4 and shut those loud mouth cunts up. Tech isn’t aggy obnoxious, no one is, but god damn they’re a cunty fan base. They LOVE talking shit but the second we punch em in the mouth or fire back an insult, they curl up in a ball and complain like the little bitches they are 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

God damn right. Especially with that swagger you’re gonna bring 

Am I the only one who thinks we could almost easily go 12-0 in that stretch, sweep incarnate word, beat central Arkansas and go into conference play at 24-0? 

It's college sports. Stupid shit always happens.

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's college sports. Stupid shit always happens.

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Plus, it's baseball.  Long win streaks are rare.  Shit happens.

yeah I know. I could still see it happening but I bet we’ll be 20-4 or so after that stretch 

22 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Did Sam throw a normal weekend arm/arms in this one?  I assume ok state did not.  

can we expect the same starter, whomever it was?

Not sure. They have a road series against DBU this weekend and Id assume they would chase that series win harder than the Texas weekday game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

good intel, thanks to the op.  We played great last year in mid-week games.  I think i read something last year that he challenged the club to win every one or something to that affect.  He didnt want non-weekend starters to be an excuse.  Fast forward to this year, I hope we take that same mental approach.  In years past, even our Omaha teams, we had mid-week head scratchers.

38 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

good intel, thanks to the op.  We played great last year in mid-week games.  I think i read something last year that he challenged the club to win every one or something to that affect.  He didnt want non-weekend starters to be an excuse.  Fast forward to this year, I hope we take that same mental approach.  In years past, even our Omaha teams, we had mid-week head scratchers.

*effect

Shriners Classic at Minute Maid....

Any intel into which dugout we'll be in on any given day?

Thinking of getting tix to one of the days..

EDIT---Nevermind, I found the game schedule with home/away team.  Assuming Home is 1st base side..

Edited by Tylerocks

DBU was able to sweep Sam this weekend with a Sunday double header. They were never able to get the bats going but the staff was solid all weekend never giving up more than 4. 

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it Tuesday night. If you're looking at making the trip and want to eat in town I'd recommend the Potato Shack or if you're feeling Mexican type food then Carbonero. 

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

What the fuck with the old-timey chair, brass rails, and curtains?  Da fuh?  

All the promo and gifs are basically older Hollywood movie premier - ticket stub, red curtains, the marquee with player names. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

All the promo and gifs are basically older Hollywood movie premier - ticket stub, red curtains, the marquee with player names. 

Ah, gotcha.  Hadn't really noticed this season.  Old Timey Hollywood movie premieres.  Fits right in with the broadcasting obsoleteness of LHN.

22 hours ago, Luv2win said:

Know SHSU is not televised...how bout this coming weekend in Houston? Any tv coverage planned or currently available?

Check the game threads.   Streams often posted.

MLB.com is schedule to telecast the entire Houston tournament.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just curious.  Does anyone know how the travel logistics for a game like this work?  Does Texas bus over in the morning, have lunch, go to ball park until play the game and then return same day?

Edited by Horn80