Texas vs TCU 6pm on ESPN2

shadow_operative

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

Embarrassing defense by Texas that half 

Some of it was embarrassing. But holy cow there were a lot of rim rattlers by TCU that went in. And some crazy contested jump shots as the shot clock buzzes from guys who aren't usually great shooters that hit nothing but net. 

Still, rough to be down by 5 at halftime in a game we really do need to win. Very disappointing first half. I hope - and expect - it gets better in the second half.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

If he'd hit his open threes, it sure would make a big difference. But he doesn't. And then outside of that he's pretty much a liability. Especially compared to the alternatives.

Hence I don't get the decision. Perhaps he is a KD in practices but he certainly hasn't shown much in actual games to warrant his minutes. I am also disappointed that Askew is not developing. Ughh!

5 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Some of it was embarrassing. But holy cow there were a lot of rim rattlers by TCU that went in. And some crazy contested jump shots as the shot clock buzzes from guys who aren't usually great shooters that hit nothing but net. 

Still, rough to be down by 5 at halftime in a game we really do need to win. Very disappointing first half. I hope - and expect - it gets better in the second half.

Yorkie guy hitting a falling away 3 with the shot clock winding down was a dagger. Dude hits 30% from 3 and look like Curry with a hand in his face. 

7 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

my sentiments exactly. TCU made a whole bunch of shots that were low percentage takes. still, we really need this game, and it's pretty disappointing to be losing at home to a team we beat by 20+ on the road. 

2 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Hence I don't get the decision. Perhaps he is a KD in practices but he certainly hasn't shown much in actual games to warrant his minutes. I am also disappointed that Askew is not developing. Ughh!

after seeing Askew I'm sure Calipari was "Texas wants you, hey that's great, good luck".  I'm shocked he got 30 minutes a game at Kentucky.

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

my sentiments exactly. TCU made a whole bunch of shots that were low percentage takes. still, we really need this game, and it's pretty disappointing to be losing at home to a team we beat by 20+ on the road. 

Toads really need to win this game too.

Their next 4 games are: Tech, KU, @KU, @Wvu.

(Toads still looking for one more regular season win to solidify a likely invite for the ncaa tournament.)  

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Well yeah but you spin and have the most wide open look at the basket possible, but you decide to pump fake and travel instead. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

We are pretty inept down low