Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

No.

Economic depression was coming, war is an easy sell with Democrats in office. Lock step the media and all the big corporations will push for war. 

https://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/joe-biden-wins-world-war-three/

20 year contacts all ran out in Afghanistan, time to write some new ones.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 11

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Economic depression was coming, war is an easy sell with Democrats in office. Lock step the media and all the big corporations will push for war. 

https://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/joe-biden-wins-world-war-three/

20 year contacts all ran out in Afghanistan, time to write some new ones.

The economy isn't cooperating on the the depression front.

The Fed might start a recession, though.

29 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

If the Ukrainians don't fight back, welcome to World War 3 

I don't think so.  (Unless they have oil I don't know about).  The best outcome is 1) enough Russians come home in body bags to create some unrest and 2) the freeze of every oligarch's bank account forces a showdown between them and Putin.  

That's not much, and I think it'll fuck up the world economy and kill a lot of Ukrainians needlessly, but that's what's coming.

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

Wrong. Trump did everything he could to support Putin during his four years and is also now praising Putin for his actions. Trump is nothing but a traitor and should be treated as such. He’s loving this. 

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

hilarious.  keep goin down with that ship.

We actually are going down with that ship as you laugh your ass off supporting the torpedo that punched the hull.

The world is the NFL and you stick with your team through thick and thin as a point of pride. Jackass.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You are rooting against democracy in favor of authoritarianism just to own the libs.

Bravo.

I'm rooting for Ukraine, but not to be a CIA puppet or Russian puppet.

Hopefully they get as many Ukrainians out before it becomes like Libya, Yemen, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, Syria, Afghanistan ect...

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

I think it's time for the Pentagon to unleash full on cyber warfare on Russia. And the West needs to halt all trade and freeze all Russian assets ASAP. 

For the U.S. and its European allies, cutting Russia out of the SWIFT financial system, which shuffles money from bank to bank around the globe, would be one of the toughest financial steps they could take, damaging Russia’s economy immediately and in the long term. The move could cut Russia off from most international financial transactions, including international profits from oil and gas production, which in all accounts for more than 40% of the country’s revenue.

https://time.com/6150323/ukraine-sanctions-us-russia/

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I just checked Fox News.  It was apparently disgusting earlier when Trump and Ingraham were on, and I’m thankful I missed that, but it’s still a little surreal.  Their correspondent in Kiev is wearing protective gear, clearly scared, and reporting of Russian ground troops coming in from Belarus 100 miles from Kiev where bloody urban warfare is likely to follow.

And then Shannon Bream in the studio has her usual smiley cheery demeanor.   I mean, at least pretend to be concerned for your own reporter if nothing else, you sociopath.  Bret Baier keeps trying to steer her into being more somber, saying things like prayers for the Ukrainian people and their correspondents on the ground, and she just keeps on with the vapid beauty queen tone.  It is just weird.

I switched earlier and she had some question to Bret about Trump being an unknown so no dared step outta line in the world. He was almost caught off guard and just steered away to broader discussion about sanctions. It’s truly surreal 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

And then Shannon Bream in the studio has her usual smiley cheery demeanor.   I mean, at least pretend to be concerned for your own reporter if nothing else, you sociopath.  Bret Baier keeps trying to steer her into being more somber, saying things like prayers for the Ukrainian people and their correspondents on the ground, and she just keeps on with the vapid beauty queen tone.  It is just weird.

We got the bubble-headed bleached-blonde, comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die
Give us dirty laundry

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Brandywine said:

Wrong. Trump did everything he could to support Putin during his four years and is also now praising Putin for his actions. Trump is nothing but a traitor and should be treated as such. He’s loving this. 

What if the West really puts the screws on Russian financial systems?

Would Trump love that?  If they loaned money to Trump, maybe he gets a reprieve in payments/interest or whatever.

But both Don Jr and Eric Trump bragged openly in interviews about how much Russian money flows into Trump properties.  If it's as substantial as they both implied, that would be a spigot they might not want turned off.

I wonder if Trump was cheering on Putin because he's pressuring Republicans to push back against anything Biden does against Russia.

ive been a conservative my whole life but never a republican.  putin is nothing but a fucking kgb hitman and we have allowed him to do his bullshit for far too long.  I pray the fucking sanctions announced tomorrow will truly hit hard but i doubt it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Perhaps some of those lurking will come out of hiding to explain. Their support for his murderous regime is stupefying.

200w.gif.992d9ef8f3a902b99bb3aadd10c994bd.gif

not until the next Breaking News of ol' Sleepy Joe stumbling over another word! the real important stuff!

1198558154_200(3).gif.42e5c7b8b3dfc7fe9585f00b2840b492.gif

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Innocent people, who happen to be our allies, are being bombed right now, and Trump and Fox News are using this tragedy to score political points against a sitting United States president, and they're twisting the truth to do it.

If you are not outraged by that, regardless of your politics, you are an awful American. Full stop.  You're fucking awful.

Sitting silent while Trump abandoned the Kurds should have given us full indication of how Trumpkins would react to any move of aggression Putin made.  

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

I think it's time for the Pentagon to unleash full on cyber warfare on Russia. And the West needs to halt all trade and freeze all Russian assets ASAP. 

I would love to see Trump's Russian financed assets anywhere in the world seized and any funds made off of them used to fund defense moves against Russian aggression.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

So walk me through that, what does an occupation of Ukraine look like? Are we talking years worth of conflict even if it’s just small scale? Is this Iraq for them? Is it worse?

Logistically it's a lot better for them than Iraq and Afghanistan were for us.  Chances are they take control of some of Ukraine and it becomes messy with civil war not too different than what the US did in the middle east. 

Unfortunately, 2 straight decades of invading sovereign middle eastern nations doesn't give the US any real leg to stand on to criticize this too harshly and be taken seriously by anyone else in the world. 

This isn't starting some world war. Every leader, including Putin, knows how badly that will be for them and they all know no one wants to cross that line now with the world all nuked up. 

Although there's zero doubt in my mind that nukes are the only thing that's kept another world war or 2 from happening between 1945 and now. 

I think we are going to be disappointed in the sanctions levied. The US is already indicating that impacting energy exports is off the table and EU members are already positioning to protect any of their specific industries. Putin is betting the west doesn’t have the spine to make any real sanctions stick.

11 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

I think we are going to be disappointed in the sanctions levied. The US is already indicating that impacting energy exports is off the table and EU members are already positioning to protect any of their specific industries. Putin is betting the west doesn’t have the spine to make any real sanctions stick.

Agree.  Ukraine will end up Russian and the U. S. and it's allies will do nada but bitch.  We learned a lot from WWII.

38 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

I think this is where the rubber meets the road.  I think everyone is going to have some pain if you want to put Russia down, which is what is needed.  Obviously, the thread of sanctions wasn't enough. He invaded anyway.  We are in a very different place today vs. a few days ago.  The sanctions now must be debilitating, otherwise, they are meaningless and sanctions will never act as a deterrent ever again.

• Hook 'Em 4