Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

38 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

I said this in another thread, but you had to expect that Putin had the greed of other nation states in his calculus before invading. He had to bet that the "West" views Ukraine as inferior and second-class and money/business would outweigh any morality or sentiment to what is essentially Russians in Russia Jr. in how legacy Europe views Ukraine.

They view Ukraine like they do Turkey. They aren't in the family and never will be.

Why the fuck are you even arguing this?  Did you pay attention to his speech earlier this week or not?  

22 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

What? 

JFC what was there to negotiate? Anybody with a functional brain can take Putin at HIS word he wants to re-establish Soviet Union. 

Splitting hairs here but I believe Russian Empire is more accurate than Soviet Union. Putin isn’t looking to form a coalition of states based on a shared ideology (like communism). He’s looking to dominate, exploit, and expand. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This.  Even if they know, they don’t give a shit.

And wait until the body bags start rolling back to the motherland.

Ukraine's best chance is just get Russia bogged down in a quagmire.  It'll be interesting to see how much of a lid Vlad can keep on the population.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Splitting hairs here but I believe Russian Empire is more accurate than Soviet Union. Putin isn’t looking to form a coalition of states based on a shared ideology (like communism). He’s looking to dominate, exploit, and expand. 

I believe another fellow labeled it "Lebensraum".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

At some point in recent history, Putin stopped being rational. You can't assume an irrational madman (and that is what Putin has become) will do the rational thing.

It’s interesting, I read an article in Foreign Affairs years ago about Chamberlain-Hitler in Munich.  It basically posited that blaming Chmaberlain for appeasement is wrong, because Hitler was fucking insane.  You can’t apply Bismarkian logic to a mentally unwell person. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Well yeah. I mean nobody thinks he gives a shit about Soviet Union. 
He is a power hungry oligarchy that knows if he starts failing he will be a marked man. 
It took me a few years to realize many Republican presidents start wars to keep them popular. 
I is dumb but eventually figure it out. 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

And wait until the body bags start rolling back to the motherland.

Ukraine's best chance is just get Russia bogged down in a quagmire.  It'll be interesting to see how much of a lid Vlad can keep on the population.

Yes and wait until the average Russian can’t  buy food because their money is worthless.

45 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

Flynn is nuts but he’s correct here. Putin may have invaded anyway, but we didn’t even try to negotiate with him. 

you are correct, we should have never tried to negotiate with that traitor flynn. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Yes and wait until the average Russian can’t  buy food because their money is worthless.

yup. I know a couple of people who are from and live in Moscow. One works for Apple. They live pretty westernized lives with a lot of luxuries and creature comforts. that ends pretty quickly with this scenario

13 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

It’s interesting, I read an article in Foreign Affairs years ago about Chamberlain-Hitler in Munich.  It basically posited that blaming Chmaberlain for appeasement is wrong, because Hitler was fucking insane.  You can’t apply Bismarkian logic to a mentally unwell person. 

Chamberlain did nothing that other countries didn't also do as well.  Hitler was an expansionist, and no one knew exactly to what extent.  If he stopped at Poland and wasn't mass murdering people than it would have been the right call.  The UK wasn't prepared.  France wasn't prepared.  USSR wasn't prepared.  Germany was.

12 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I hate to say it but until average Russian feels pain Putin ain’t stopping. 
I hope Biden starts “small” cyber attacks that fuck up average Russians ability to buy food. 
They have a taste of freedom and hopefully won’t stand for going hungry. 

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I don’t know if the point was you thought I was lying or something, but there are a lot of tweets like this. 

I know what fascism is. I don’t know who those people are or anything about the authenticity of those images. If someone showed me that and said, “Well, explain this,” I’d say I don’t know, why don’t you explain it to me.

I know there is a growing fascist movement in the world, including in democratic countries and even in the Republican Party here in America. Are those fascists in those pics? I don’t know. But if they are, they’re not part of the Ukrainian government. I do know that there were real, actual fascists, neo-Nazis marching in Charlottesville in 2017 chanting things like, “The Jews will not replace us!” Donald Trump called them fine people. They love him and he loves them for it.

Putin isn’t fighting fascism. Putin is a fascist. He’s an ethno-nationalist; one man leads and not the party; the workers don’t control the means of production, many industries are privately owned (by the graces of the emperor.) He’s more Mussolini than Krushchev. He’s not a communist. He wasn’t democratically elected, we’ve seen video of ballot boxes being stuffed my men casting multiple votes. If he’s not a fascist dictator then what is he? That’s what he is. And he’s the model that Trump wants to emulate.

The point wasn’t that I thought you were lying, but you certainly might have been, or just being deceptive. How could we know? The point was that if you’re going to say you’ve seen pictures then you should post the pictures. Thanks for posting the pics. They do nothing for me. I do know that Zelensky is Jewish, there’s no Nazi regime governing Ukraine, Putin is full of shit (every accusation is a confession), and whoever the men in those pics are, isn’t it great that they’re not all carrying semiautomatic rifles?

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I know what fascism is. I don’t know who those people are or anything about the authenticity of those images. If someone showed me that and said, “Well, explain this,” I’d say I don’t know, why don’t you explain it to me.

I know there is a growing fascist movement in the world, including in democratic countries and even in the Republican Party here in America. Are those fascists in those pics? I don’t know. But if they are, they’re not part of the Ukrainian government. I do know that there were real, actual fascists, neo-Nazis marching in Charlottesville in 2017 chanting things like, “The Jews will not replace us!” Donald Trump called them fine people. They love him and he loves them for it.

Putin isn’t fighting fascism. Putin is a fascist. He’s an ethno-nationalist; one man leads and not the party; the workers don’t control the means of production, many industries are privately owned (by the graces of the emperor.) He’s more Mussolini than Krushchev. He’s not a communist. He wasn’t democratically elected, we’ve seen video of ballot boxes being stuffed my men casting multiple votes. If he’s not a fascist dictator then what is he? That’s what he is. And he’s the model that Trump wants to emulate.

The point wasn’t that I thought you were lying, but you certainly might have been, or just being deceptive. How could we know? The point was that if you’re going to say you’ve seen pictures then you should post the pictures. Thanks for posting the pics. They do nothing for me. I do know that Zelensky is Jewish, there’s no Nazi regime governing Ukraine, Putin is full of shit (every accusation is a confession), and whoever the men in those pics are, isn’t it great that they’re not all carrying semiautomatic rifles?

Wut.  I didn’t post those pics because I believe Putin. Someone asked if anyone actually took Putin at his word re:nazis and I said I saw people online backing him by making arguments in that way.

I know those pics don’t mean Ukraine is a nazi country.  You could post pics of Americans that had nazi gear, harlem globetrotter uniforms, or orc costumes from d&d night. That doesn’t mean those populations are significant. 

But I have it on good authority that Putin actually wanted Germany to stop buying Russian energy and for NATO countries to boost defense spending.  Since he was a Putin enabler.  Weird how his territory conquests to expand his borders took a pause between presidents 44 and 46.  What a coincidence.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

3 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Care to elaborate?

If you watched the events of the last 24 hours unfold and your first instinct was to think about how this was Biden or Trump’s fault you need to examine how you look at things. It took just a few posts for this to go tribal. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Weird how his territory conquests to expand his borders took a pause between presidents 44 and 46.  What a coincidence.  

You think Russia can get a refund for their troll farms and disinformation campaigns? Seems like a lot of wasted money since Putin clearly didn't want big, strong leader Trump to be President, right?

Just now, aggie08 said:

You think Russia can get a refund for their troll farms and disinformation campaigns? Seems like a lot of wasted money since Putin clearly didn't want big, strong leader Trump to be President, right?

Which election?  They’ve fucked with every election we’ve had for 100 years.  

It's crazy, absolutely mind boggling crazy, that they're was no foreign policy debate in the last race for the president of the United States.

So weird the timing of Putin’s aggression.  Almost like he really should have made his move when Trump was president.   

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

It amazes me how both sides stand behind their guy no matter what….  Neither Trump or Biden were great or even good choices but neither side will admit it.  This all or nothing attitude we have gotten to is kinda ridiculous. Yes a president should act like an adult and they should also be able to give a good speech and read a teleprompter, it’s kind of a big part of the job….  Our standard are just way too low right now on both sides.  

bOtH SiDEs!!!!

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

If you watched the events of the last 24 hours unfold and your first instinct was to think about how this was Biden or Trump’s fault you need to examine how you look at things. It took just a few posts for this to go tribal. 

By design it always will bub

Round and around we go

Fuck yo airspace

1645748911734-pol.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

But I have it on good authority that Putin actually wanted Germany to stop buying Russian energy and for NATO countries to boost defense spending.  Since he was a Putin enabler.  Weird how his territory conquests to expand his borders took a pause between presidents 44 and 46.  What a coincidence.  

Oh your back!  I mean you ran away from me in the BLM thread.   And here you are again with more mis-information disguised a thought.  I would challenge you again but well, you would just run away again.   

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Which election?  They’ve fucked with every election we’ve had for 100 years.  

It's crazy, absolutely mind boggling crazy, that they're was no foreign policy debate in the last race for the president of the United States.

So weird the timing of Putin’s aggression.  Almost like he really should have made his move when Trump was president.   

FC25D4BC-20E0-4A6F-ADB7-220128013C74.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1