Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

Random thought: does the dog-pile on all things Russian - and the severing of some financial ties with Russia - change the policy or optics on German and other banks complying with subpoenas about Trump’s financial dealings with Russia/Putin?

IOW, as Trump had cover because nobody wanted to piss off Russian financial interests, is new political shift bad news for Putin’s butt boy Trump in his many investigations?
edit: fuck. I did not scroll down far enough.

49 minutes ago, Goredho said:

From west Texas facebook, which is a fucking beating right now...

....But Cletus doesn't have the axons to put all that together.

On a different tangent, I'm wondering if Zelensky choosing to stay in Ukraine was not only courageous and honorable but a smart strategy. If Putin were to succeed in taking the govt and Zelensky were somehow killed, it becomes an issue of Putin's statements (regarding his claim of Neo-Nazi Ukrainian offenses among other things) being proven false (no one in Ukraine is likely to believe it) as well as making Zelensky a martyr. A Jewish martyr. So the anti-semetics, even pro-Israel Christian ones in the US would  have to reconcile  Zelensky the patriot with Zelensky being Jewish combined with Zelensky being killed by Putin, whom the GOP was gaslighting as looking for 'food' for Russia. So, if things went Putin's way, he would be wise to keep Zelensky safe.

Meanwhile, Cletus would to have to call up whatever twisted talking point is manufactured and while the rest of the world groans.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

A couple of thoughts.

With this war we are seeing a fight between Western Liberal Democracy vs Anti-Democratic Authoritarianism. Certain political factions in the West have been drawn to this style of government for awhile but now the world is seeing what genuine Authoritarianism brings to humanity. It is being exposed at this moment and Western Liberal Democracies are coming together to confront it. Hopefully this is a shift back to Liberalism in the West and the proponents of Nationalism are chased back into the shadows far away from the levers of power.

Rubio put on his big boy pants this week and took at seat at the adults table. I am hoping that the Republicans now see the importance of keeping the adults in charge and start sending all of the Know-Nothings back to the children's table or better yet purge them from the halls of power.

We are seeing why an alliance of the Western Liberal Democracies are so important. The Nationalist America First Isolationist movement needs to be purged and sent back to the early 20th century.

Excellent post

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Pretty brilliant insight during the current situation. 

You had to edit my post's content and that was still the best you could come up with. Your incessant yet ultimately pointless misdirection attempts ar least used to be well crafted. It may be time to retire, man, because you don't have much left. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You had to edit my post's content and that was still the best you could come up with. Your incessant yet ultimately pointless misdirection attempts ar least used to be well crafted. It may be time to retire, man, because you don't have much left. 

Unsurprisingly nonresponsive.

Why don't you start a thread about that important topic? You never actually want to discuss these things, you just come onto other threads where it's irrelevant and bring it up so you can post some more of your banal platitudes.

Be better. Create a topic and educate people on some of these other topics you just googled.

If you turn on OAN (I know) you can hear Trump at CPAC right now.  I managed to last under 30 seconds before turning the channel.  He literally was saying if he was President none of this would be happening in Ukraine because Putin understood him.  He also went on about he was the toughest president on Russia.  That was all I could take. 

On a different tangent, I'm wondering if Zelensky choosing to stay in Ukraine was not only courageous and honorable but a smart strategy. If Putin were to succeed in taking the govt and Zelensky were somehow killed, it becomes an issue of Putin's statements (regarding his claim of Neo-Nazi Ukrainian offenses among other things) being proven false (no one in Ukraine is likely to believe it) as well as making Zelensky a martyr. A Jewish martyr. So the anti-semetics, even pro-Israel Christian ones in the US would  have to reconcile  Zelensky the patriot with Zelensky being Jewish combined with Zelensky being killed by Putin, whom the GOP was gaslighting as looking for 'food' for Russia. So, if things went Putin's way, he would be wise to keep Zelensky safe.
Meanwhile, Cletus would to have to call up whatever twisted talking point is manufactured and while the rest of the world groans.

Cletus has brain worms. He cannot remember what he stands for from day to day. So he turns on Fox News and gets spoon fed his opinion.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Bojack said:

I imagine you double checked what thread you were in before posting this.

I did I just couldn’t help but think it so I double checked then posted. Seeing Europe and the US respond as they have had been such a great relief. It’s taken work to get there but the US is leading like we should. And the alliance and NATO are working like they should. It really does cause me to breathe a sigh of relief.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

FMkKj8sWYAoWVku.thumb.jpg.9c5c881f83becacf110a905dc344ca55.jpg

Starlink is a satellite internet constellation operated by SpaceX[2] providing satellite Internet access coverage to most of the Earth.[3][4] The constellation has grown to over 1,700 satellites through 2021, and will eventually consist of many thousands of mass-produced small satellites in low Earth orbit (LEO), which communicate with designated ground transceivers. While the technical possibility of satellite internet service covers most of the global population, actual service can be delivered only in countries that have licensed SpaceX to provide service within any specific national jurisdiction. As of February 2022, the beta internet service offering is available in 29 countries.

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

Starlink is a satellite internet constellation operated by SpaceX[2] providing satellite Internet access coverage to most of the Earth.[3][4] The constellation has grown to over 1,700 satellites through 2021, and will eventually consist of many thousands of mass-produced small satellites in low Earth orbit (LEO), which communicate with designated ground transceivers. While the technical possibility of satellite internet service covers most of the global population, actual service can be delivered only in countries that have licensed SpaceX to provide service within any specific national jurisdiction. As of February 2022, the beta internet service offering is available in 29 countries.

Could be a real game changer. If you have a fast link to the rest of the world you can show war crimes in real time.   This is the first major act of aggression that's been undertaken in such an environment.