Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Could be a real game changer. If you have a fast link to the rest of the world you can show war crimes in real time.   This is the first major act of aggression that's been undertaken in such an environment. 

Just thinking this out. You're broadcasting somebody committing atrocities in real-time and uploading them.  The whole world joins in chorus on social media condemning your government. As a Russian soldier in Ukraine you see this brutality, this atrocity, and  you've got to think "I don't want to be seen as part of this."   Already the Ukranians are approaching the Russian soldiers and talking some of them out of attacking.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this go down as one of history's biggest blunders of all time.  Putin, who everybody thought was the master of the universe, exposed.

I just hope he's not crazy. 

8 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

No idea what's going on here but it looks like your typical armored vehicle duel during morning drive time.  

The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Can we put this motherfucker in a Russia military transport plane and do a low flyover Kyiv, say at noon tomorrow? 

Putin is looking like a madman on the world stage.  And this goon is calling him smart.  Well, compared to Dump, sure.  But fucking A.  This man was President.  I live in the bizarro world,.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Putin is looking like a madman on the world stage.  And this goon is calling him smart.  Well, compared to Dump, sure.  But fucking A.  This man was President.  I live in the bizarro world,.

I would give every thing I own for this war not to happen. 

However at least it has completely split Republican Party down the middle and hopefully the semi sane ones realize how bat shit insane trump is and quit supporting him. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

However at least it has completely split Republican Party down the middle and hopefully the semi sane ones realize how bat shit insane trump is and quit supporting him. 

You do know that if Putin commits seppuku in a Moscow basement, Trumpkins will claim they made it happen?

• Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Anyone who supports Trump at this point is either extremely naive or legitimately intellectually disabled.

One can identify as conservative or as a Republican without standing up for his unmitigated bullshit. Good God.

I'm not entirely sure that has been true the last 5 years or so. Hopefully it becomes true again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Oh really, Vernon? Why pretend, we both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.

It's really the only sensible thing to do, if it's done safely. Therapeutically, there's no danger involved.

Edited by Bookman
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

just catching up on the thread and saw a couple of people positing how trump would've handled this.  hmm.

-biden rallied europe and nato and everyone is on the same page regarding action, inaction, supplies, troops, and sanctions.

-biden's ic gathered vast intel and made it very public, especially to those who needed it.

-biden has made sure everyone is clear in regards to our (america + our allies) feelings towards putin (part of bullet 1).

from what we know about trump, his history with nato and european leaders, his horrendous relationship with the intelligence community, and his rom-com antics with putin - without much guesswork, we can cast the first stone.

There’s a reason Bush and Obama continue to get classified security briefings and Trump doesn’t.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2