Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

Just now, TexArcher said:

Sure they have a choice.  They can sit there peacefully and make a shitload of money selling natural gas to Europe and wheat to the whole world.  It's not as if NATO is baiting them into this shit.

Putin isn't wrong about one thing. We have a shit ton of missiles around his country and aimed at his country. And that hasn't changed despite the collapse of the Soviet Union. I get that we feel like we aren't going to just attack Russia. But that isn't how it feels to Russians. And they are justified in feeling that way. We need a way to breakthrough that. Again, what's our end game? Starting a dialogue where it becomes clear NATO doesn't exist to get Russia, and that a different Russia would be welcomed, is critical to avoiding catastrophe (sooner or later). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Putin isn't wrong about one thing. We have a shit ton of missiles around his country and aimed at his country. And that hasn't changed despite the collapse of the Soviet Union. I get that we feel like we aren't going to just attack Russia. But that isn't how it feels to Russians. And they are justified in feeling that way. We need a way to breakthrough that. Again, what's our end game? Starting a dialogue where it becomes clear NATO doesn't exist to get Russia, and that a different Russia would be welcomed, is critical to avoiding catastrophe (sooner or later). 

If Russian leaders think NATO is out to get them, it's because they're paranoid as fuck and because they're out to get everyone else so they expect that from others because it's how they're wired.  NATO is a self-defense organization that has never threatened Russia in any way.  If Russia would stay in their lane, they could exist for a thousand years next to NATO and there would never be a problem.  The only reason Russia views NATO as a threat is because Russia has no intention of staying in their lane, obviously.

We're just not gonna agree on this.  Russia has no business in NATO.  Russia is the main reason NATO is still required in 2022.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

It's brilliant leadership and collaboration. Fuck the insecure, pimply, adolescent-brained fuckwads that have to see the US strutting out in front. This ain't how it's done:

spacer.png

Russian-owned Trump (and GQP), go fuck yourself!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, I certainly don't think anyone else should strike first.  That said, there needs to be (and I expect there is) actions behind the scenes to get him ousted, preferably in the most permanent way.  The financial noose the west is tightening on Russia makes that an increasingly more likely possibility.

Yeah. The Russian people will have to make the most of this can’t miss opportunity. And they must not miss.

40 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

If Russian leaders think NATO is out to get them, it's because they're paranoid as fuck and because they're out to get everyone else so they expect that from others because it's how they're wired.  NATO is a self-defense organization that has never threatened Russia in any way.  If Russia would stay in their lane, they could exist for a thousand years next to NATO and there would never be a problem.  The only reason Russia views NATO as a threat is because Russia has no intention of staying in their lane, obviously.

We're just not gonna agree on this.  Russia has no business in NATO.  Russia is the main reason NATO is still required in 2022.

No, it's because a shit ton of nuclear missiles are pointed at them. NATO exists to fight Russia. That's just the truth. We need to admit that. And if we can't move beyond that, then there is no way out but one or both not existing anymore. 

We aren't going to get the Russian people to replace Putin with anything besides another Putin unless we change. I think opening that door Russian membership with NATO instead of in opposition to NATO is exactly what is needed.

Edited by Dahobbs

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

No, it's because a shit ton of nuclear missiles are pointed at them. NATO exists to fight Russia. That's just the truth. We need to admit that. And if we can't move beyond that, then there is no way out but one or both not existing anymore. 

We aren't going to get the Russian people to replace Putin with anything besides another Putin unless we change. I think opening that door Russian membership with NATO instead of in opposition to NATO is exactly what is needed.

It’s simple. Never turn your back on a dog that is growling at you until IT relaxes its position. Can you show me a time when this dog hasn’t bared its teeth at us?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

It’s simple. Never turn your back on a dog that is growling at you until IT relaxes its position. Can you show me a time when this dog hasn’t bared its teeth at us?

That goes both ways. 

Look, I'm not saying disarm and ignore Russia. I'm saying tell the Russian people that we don't have to be enemies, in fact, we can be allies. All you have to do is get rid of this shit stain and then let's talk. Isn't that what we want? 

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

That goes both ways. 

Look, I'm not saying disarm and ignore Russia. I'm saying tell the Russian people that we don't have to be enemies, in fact, we can be allies. All you have to do is get rid of this shit stain and then let's talk. Isn't that what we want? 

Yes we want that. Let us know when they have a democratic government. 

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

That goes both ways. 

Here’s President Obama’s Russia Reset Fact Sheet. How many resets do we need to understand that Russia, with Putin at the helm, is not an honest broker:

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/us-russia-relations-reset-fact-sheet

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Admitting Russia into NATO is the dumbest idea I have ever heard.  It's literally antithetical to the mission.

That's my fucking point. As long as NATO's mission is to fight Russia, the Russian people have no choice but to embrace people like Putin. How do y'all not see that? Let's give them another option, or at least the hope of one. 

4 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Here’s President Obama’s Russia Reset Fact Sheet. How many resets do we need to understand that Russia, with Putin at the helm, is not an honest broker:

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/us-russia-relations-reset-fact-sheet

The whole fucking premise of my proposal is that they get rid of Putin. We want the Russian people to do that. Let's give them an incentive. Right now they don't have a realistic alternative because we have them surrounded by the largest military machine to ever exist, with it's sole purpose being to fight Russia. 

Fuck, I'm not saying do it right now. I'm saying start that discussion. Let the Russian people know we aren't against them. We can be on the same side if they just get rid of Putin. But if NATO must always be the no Russia club, then we can never have a constructive relationship with Russia. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

That's my fucking point. As long as NATO's mission is to fight Russia, the Russian people have no choice but to embrace people like Putin. How do y'all not see that? 

No one is agreeing with that because it's a straw man.  NATO's mission is not, and has never been, to fight Russia.

That's like saying my home security system's mission is to hunt down burglars.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

That's my fucking point. As long as NATO's mission is to fight Russia, the Russian people have no choice but to embrace people like Putin. How do y'all not see that? Let's give them another option, or at least the hope of one. 

U keep saying that and we agree. Give us a plan that involves us turning NATO downward BEFORE they make the a move. 
You don’t seem to realize Despots keep power by having a built in enemy. 
Why do you think Iran and NK constantly run programs saying USA is their enemy. 

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

There's no reason to believe that they would replace Putin with a carbon copy.  Yeltsin, Medvedev, Gorbachev, Krushchev, etc. were all different.  The financial screws are our best bet.

• Hook 'Em 2

The whole fucking premise of my proposal is that they get rid of Putin. We want the Russian people to do that. Let's give them an incentive. Right now they don't have a realistic alternative because we have them surrounded by the largest military machine to ever exist, with it's sole purpose being to fight Russia. 

Fuck, I'm not saying do it right now. I'm saying start that discussion. Let the Russian people know we aren't against them. We can be on the same side if they just get rid of Putin. But if NATO must always be the no Russia club, then we can never have a constructive relationship with Russia. 

Why have we never attacked Russia? We’ve spent decades building an army designed to defeat them. If we’re such a threat to them, why haven’t we invaded them? We could’ve done that before they had nukes, when we did, but we didn’t do that. Why?

I don’t agree with your assessment. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

No one is agreeing with that because it's a straw man.  NATO's mission is not, and has never been, to fight Russia.

That's like saying my home security system's mission is to hunt down burglars.

Dude, NATO was created to counter the Soviet Union. That's just the way it is. That shouldn't be controversial. Here:

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization was created in 1949 by the United States, Canada, and several Western European nations to provide collective security against the Soviet Union

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/nato

Just now, Shaddie said:

U keep saying that and we agree. Give us a plan that involves us turning NATO downward BEFORE they make the a move. 
You don’t seem to realize Despots keep power by having a built in enemy. 
Why do you think Iran and NK constantly run programs saying USA is their enemy. 

What? The entirety of my plan is just to let the Russian people know that they need not be enemies with NATO. We would be open to membership if Russia replaces Putin and changes its behavior. I'm not suggesting we do anything else but make that message known. I want the Russian people to know they options other than Putin or annihilation. 

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Fuck Putin

There are a lot of good people out there who still get to learn how many of our politicians are owned by Putin and his goons.   I guess I keep repeating it, because there are guys like this who think people like Hawley and Cruz and many more aren't tied to nationalistic shit like Putin pushes.   Folks who just haven't been paying attention the past 4 years and are coming to the table now.  They've got a lot of catching up to do.   I know this guy is more aware than most, but still, this seems pretty naive to me.

I'm with henrygandorf on this.  Let them keep exposing themselves every damn day.  They never have had any conviction other than winning office and holding it.   Fuck em.  Let them expose themselves, and those idiots who prop them up, be they MAGA turds or Insurrectionists or whomever.  This is a litmus test for humanity and democracy.  Time to clean house.   

Edited by pyrohornIII
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Why have we never attacked Russia? We’ve spent decades building an army designed to defeat them. If we’re such a threat to them, why haven’t we invaded them? We could’ve done that before they had nukes, when we did, but we didn’t do that. Why?

I don’t agree with your assessment. 

Why has Russia never attacked us? They've spent decades building an army designed to defeat us. If they are such a threat, why haven't they invaded us? 

I don't think you even understand my assessment. It is historical fact that NATO was created to counter the Soviet Union. It is a fact that NATO has surrounded Russia with nuclear missiles. But, I know we don't intend to use them except in self defense. My point is that it doesn't feel that way to Russians. Let's give them some hope of something different so that they replace Putin. If we aren't willing to do that, then we might as well just start the fireworks because it's all leading to the same place.  

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Dude, NATO was created to counter the Soviet Union. That's just the way it is. That shouldn't be controversial. Here:

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/nato

What? The entirety of my plan is just to let the Russian people know that they need not be enemies with NATO. We would be open to membership if Russia replaces Putin and changes its behavior. I'm not suggesting we do anything else but make that message known. I want the Russian people to know they options other than Putin or annihilation. 

I know what NATO is, dude.

I'm not entirely sure you do if you actually believe that "NATO's mission is to fight Russia."

That is patently false.

But I'm done with this conversation.  Have fun inviting the bandit into the castle, and so on.

25 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Admitting Russia into NATO is the dumbest idea I have ever heard.  It's literally antithetical to the mission.

You mean like how Germany was never part of NATO?

I keed, I keed.  But there could be some interesting things happen as China digs in over the next 20-30 years.

Ok dahobbs 

We will ask very nicely that their media for the last 75 years quit broadcasting mean things about us. 

You ask a well adjusted Russian and they probably don’t think USA wants to hurt them. Just as in this country about half or more are not well adjusted. 

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

I'm not entirely sure you do if you actually believe that "NATO's mission is to fight Russia."

That is patently false.

But I'm done with this conversation.  Have fun inviting the bandit into the castle, and so on.

I have no idea how you define NATO as anything other than an entity designed to fight back against Russian aggression. I know it is defensive in purpose.

And I'm not saying bring Russia in, right now, no conditions asked. I'm saying let the Russian people know that we can be allies if their country changes. Why would that be bad? Why would it be and to have Russia as an ally at some point in the future? Why must we have this fatalistic view that Russia can never be a part of NATO? 

1 minute ago, Shaddie said:

Ok dahobbs 

We will ask very nicely that their media for the last 75 years quit broadcasting mean things about us. 

You ask a well adjusted Russian and they probably don’t think USA wants to hurt them. Just as in this country about half or more are not well adjusted. 

What's your end goal Shaddie? Like, 50 years from now, should we still be having the same nuclear stand off with Russia? Should we still have nuclear missiles pointed at each other constantly? Is there no room for maybe hoping for something different? 

Russia needs to change. But 70 years of nuclear tension has just led us back again to the precipice of global annihilation. Let's try something new. Short term, my plan maybe creates a window for some general to off Putin. Long term, maybe we can stop this stupid dance. 

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

That is patently false.

I'm not sure you could point to any other organization that is more of a "fuck Russia club" than NATO.

• Hook 'Em 1