Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

3 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

The worse this war gets the more I think it's impossible he runs for president again. I mean the democrats are smart enough to play shit like this on a loop during the general election aren't they? 

No.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 6

4 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

The worse this war gets the more I think it's impossible he runs for president again. I mean the democrats are smart enough to play shit like this on a loop during the general election aren't they? 

You must be new to American politics.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The chances of Trump not running again are about the same as the chances of Vladimir Putin not running again. 

Trump has to truly believe that he will win, because while the grifting would be fantastic, him losing again would be embarrassing as fuck for his ego.

And he has to believe that DeSantis, etc., won't be running against him, because even if the Dems are incompetent as fuck, DeSantis would absolutely be running all of Trump's pro-Putin soundbites in his ads, and Trump would be going nuts knowing that one or more Republicans were mocking him for backing Putin, the biggest loser of 2022 so far.

Now if DeSantis loses this year, then Trump has clear sailing to 2024 (Hot Wheels won't dare challenge him).

But if DeSantis wins, he gets to toss his hat in the ring early for '24 and talk about how, unlike that loser Trump, he's actually standing up for Americans and that it's DeSantis, not Trump, who is the one banning CRT and gays and masks and what not.

Yeah, Trumpkins love Trump, but they are going to be torn because DeSantis is actually doing the shit they love that Trump didn't do.

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump has to truly believe that he will win, because while the grifting would be fantastic, him losing again would be embarrassing as fuck for his ego.

And he has to believe that DeSantis, etc., won't be running against him, because even if the Dems are incompetent as fuck, DeSantis would absolutely be running all of Trump's pro-Putin soundbites in his ads, and Trump would be going nuts knowing that one or more Republicans were mocking him for backing Putin, the biggest loser of 2022 so far.

Now if DeSantis loses this year, then Trump has clear sailing to 2024 (Hot Wheels won't dare challenge him).

But if DeSantis wins, he gets to toss his hat in the ring early for '24 and talk about how, unlike that loser Trump, he's actually standing up for Americans and that it's DeSantis, not Trump, who is the one banning CRT and gays and masks and what not.

Yeah, Trumpkins love Trump, but they are going to be torn because DeSantis is actually doing the shit they love that Trump didn't do.

Trump doesn’t reside in the same reality that you and I do. He believes he’s a very stable genius. He’s delusional. He. Will. Run. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Trump doesn’t reside in the same reality that you and I do. He believes he’s a very stable genius. He’s delusional. He. Will. Run. 

He’s a reality tv star.  He knows he’s not getting the kinds of crowds at his rallies that he needs.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He’s a reality tv star.  He knows he’s not getting the kinds of crowds at his rallies that he needs.  

He’s raking in donations. He has more money than the RNC and isn’t doling it out to Republican candidates. Do you think he’ll sit idly by and watch Ron DeSantis run? Is there anyone other than Ivanka or Don Jr. who he’d support? He owns the party. Everything he does says he’s going to run. Everything we know about his narcissism says he has to run. We know he’ll win the nomination easily. And he’ll get a whole shitload of free exposure in the media, exactly the attention he craves. I don’t think there’s a chance in hell that he won’t run unless he’s dead or in jail. (Crossing my fingers.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

He’s raking in donations. He has more money than the RNC and isn’t doling it out to Republican candidates. Do you think he’ll sit idly by and watch Ron DeSantis run? Is there anyone other than Ivanka or Don Jr. who he’d support? He owns the party. Everything he does says he’s going to run. Everything we know about his narcissism says he has to run. We know he’ll win the nomination easily. And he’ll get a whole shitload of free exposure in the media, exactly the attention he craves. I don’t think there’s a chance in hell that he won’t run unless he’s dead or in jail. (Crossing my fingers.)

Buck gets it.
Russia’s greatest asset isn’t going away.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

This is exactly correct. I'm astounded anybody thinks otherwise.

8 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

a commie dude I know is backing Russia and said Ukraine has lost all their navy, which presumably wasn't much.   Is that true? 

Lol Ukraine's entire navy was like two frigates, none of their vessels have participated in hostilities.

But they've sunk a number of Russian vessels despite that.

Also, tell your tankie friend to stop supporting genocide

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Lol Ukraine's entire navy was like two frigates, none of their vessels have participated in hostilities.

But they've sunk a number of Russian vessels despite that.

Also, tell your tankie friend to stop supporting genocide

How many in addition to the Moskva have they sunk ?  And who the fuck in their right mind can be a Communist knowing what we know about the success rate of communist countries ??

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

How many in addition to the Moskva have they sunk ?  And who the fuck in their right mind can be a Communist knowing what we know about the success rate of communist countries ??

Uh dude the leaders of communist countries are the wealthiest people on earth. So yeah. They know how success rates are 100% for that. 

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Uh dude the leaders of communist countries are the wealthiest people on earth. So yeah. They know how success rates are 100% for that. 

And that's relevant only if the wannabe communist plans on being a leader of a communist country.  Otherwise he's just another cog in their poorly designed wheel, and those so called communist countries they're not really communist, they're just mafia orgs.  

The true success rate, based on a per capita ratio would be .000000000000000000000000001%/2

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And that's relevant only if the wannabe communist plans on being a leader of a communist country.  Otherwise he's just another cog in their poorly designed wheel, and those so called communist countries they're not really communist, they're just mafia orgs.  

The true success rate, based on a per capita ratio would be .000000000000000000000000001%/2

That is exactly what trump is doing wtf? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

In addition to helicopters and howitzers, we’re giving Ukraine “Phoenix Ghost” drones designed specifically for this battlefield.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/21/mystery-drone-air-force-new-weapon-ukraine-00026970

Mystery drone: How the Air Force fast-tracked a new weapon for Ukraine

The Biden administration sent the Washington defense establishment scrambling on Thursday when it released the details of its $800 million security package for Ukraine.

Not long after President Joe Biden announced that the U.S. was rushing weapons to arm Ukrainian forces as they push back against their Russian invaders, the Pentagon emailed out a list of the items, which included howitzers, tactical field equipment and spare parts.

Then came something no one had seen before: 121 “Phoenix Ghost” drones.

The mystery aircraft was developed by California-based Aevex Aerospace, a company that was founded in 2017 and employs 500 people with offices in California, North Carolina and Virginia.

The Air Force drone program, which was already under development before Russia’s invasion, matched Ukraine’s specific requirements and has “similar capabilities” to the AeroVironment Switchblade drone already in Ukraine, Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby said on Thursday. The Switchblade, which the U.S. began sending to Ukraine this month, is a 5.5 lbs. drone that can loiter over an area for 30 to 40 minutes before an operator slams it into its target, detonating a small warhead.

Aevex Aerospace could not be reached for comment. The company, which lists a variety of drones for different purposes, does not feature Phoenix Ghost on its website. Aevex owns a training range in Roswell, N.M., which is likely where the company tested the Phoenix Ghost.

The Phoenix Ghost “is a different type of aircraft, it’s a one-way aircraft that is effective against medium armored ground targets,” said retired Lt. Gen. David Deptula, dean of the Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies and member of the Aevex board.

The drone can take off vertically, fly for six-plus hours searching for or tracking a target, and operate at night using its infrared sensors, Deptula said. Phoenix Ghost has a longer loitering capability than the Switchblade, which can fly for less than an hour, he said.

Aevex is a combination of three companies that were already established in the defense sector: Merlin Global Services, CSG Solutions and Special Operations Solutions.

The fast-track development is part of a larger push by the Pentagon to team up with small firms to develop and buy new technologies outside of the cumbersome acquisition hierarchy that often slows down or quashes leap-ahead technologies.

“It was developed for a set of requirements that very closely match what Ukrainians need right now in the Donbas,” Kirby said.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Let's say that you can guide those Phoenix Ghost drones via satellite link.  Put five of them in the air and fly them out to one of the Russian ships in the Black Sea.  Aim two at the bridge and three at the vertical launcher for its cruise or surface to air missiles.  Suddenly Russia has another ship with a mystery fire aboard.  It may not sink it, but if it's unable to shoot and has to be repaired, that may be a bigger win than sinking the ship.  It will take up a berth in port, denying it to an active vessel, and use up resources to repair.  And if Russian damage control is as bad as it appears to have been on the Moskva, there can be a new artificial reef in the Black Sea.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

But we also know that he's terrified of losing.  Hell, he spent all of 2020 telling everybody that if he lost, it was only because the election was rigged against, and then when he lost, he did everything he could to make his followers believe that he didn't lose, and here in 2022, he is still claiming that he didn't lose.

And he's using it as a purity test for anybody wanting his endorsement - they must state publicly that he didn't lose.

And he has to know that primary challengers will mock him, will challenge him to debates, will bring up embarrassing shit - they already saw what happened in 2016, so anybody challenging him (DeSantis, etc.) has a game plan for Trump. 

And his narcissism feeds into that - people like him are scared shitless of being exposed, which is why he's always on the attack, always trying to deflect.

Like I said, DeSantis is literally doing the things that Trump only promised he would do.

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

But we also know that he's terrified of losing.  Hell, he spent all of 2020 telling everybody that if he lost, it was only because the election was rigged against, and then when he lost, he did everything he could to make his followers believe that he didn't lose, and here in 2022, he is still claiming that he didn't lose.

And he's using it as a purity test for anybody wanting his endorsement - they must state publicly that he didn't lose.

And he has to know that primary challengers will mock him, will challenge him to debates, will bring up embarrassing shit - they already saw what happened in 2016, so anybody challenging him (DeSantis, etc.) has a game plan for Trump. 

And his narcissism feeds into that - people like him are scared shitless of being exposed, which is why he's always on the attack, always trying to deflect.

Like I said, DeSantis is literally doing the things that Trump only promised he would do.

If the Republicans retake the House and the Senate in the midterms then they’ll install Trump as President whether he wins the election in 2024 or not. Trump is a criminal and he knows that as long as he’s President he’s immune from prosecution

Power corrupts. Trump is corrupt as they come. His thirst for power knows no bounds. And you’re wrong to think that he lives in the same realm that you and I do. He’s not afraid of losing. He’s lost many times and just denies that it ever happened. In his mind he won the last election and it was stolen from him. He’s convinced tens of millions of Americans that it’s true.

He thought he would lose in 2016 and still ran, right? He. Will. Run. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Trump is a criminal and he knows that as long as he’s President he’s immune from prosecution

He's immune right now and without all of the shit that he hates about being President - if he's not behind bars in the next two years, he's never going to be.

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He's immune right now and without all of the shit that he hates about being President - if he's not behind bars in the next two years, he's never going to be.

I’ve lost hope that he’ll ever face justice. But I’m certain that he’s going to run in 2024. How can he be Vladimir Putin if he doesn’t? That’s his model. That’s his idol.

Nothing would make me happier than to be wrong. But all the signs point to Trump running in 2024 and winning the nomination against practically no one. Nikki Haley already said she would only run if Trump doesn’t. Otherwise she’d bow down and out. Is Ted Cruz going to run against him? Rand Paul? Marco Rubio? There is no one in the world who Trump thinks is better for the job than he is. DeSantis? Abbott? He thinks he’s the most awesomest person ever. He thinks he’s a very stable genius and knows more than everyone else. And he’s got an axe to grind and wants to get back at everyone who’s ever done him wrong. His lust for power is too strong for him not to run. And he can make a lot of money doing it. I think it’s a simple equation. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 9:42 AM, UTGrad98 said:

The could play it on a loop all day long and the Trumpers wouldn't care. There is no message available to man to persuade them. They've never relied on reason or facts, so it's folly to believe they'll do so now.

It's not about policy to them. They're on a jihad to save the country they're destroying. 

They just know hate and scorn.

• Like 3

On 4/23/2022 at 11:00 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

This all makes a lot of sense, but Michael Cohen is very confident that he won't run (bc of the fear of losing again). Cohen knows him better than most. 

I'm starting to think the speaker of the house thing is within the range of outcomes. He'd get to remain relevant and a kingmaker in the GQP without having to risk the defeat he couldn't handle. 

Get ready folks... 

PoTUS: Rhonda Santis 

VP: Marjie 3names

SoTH: Dotard

Majority ldr: Hawley or Cotton

Ex-pat: me

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The could play it on a loop all day long and the Trumpers wouldn't care. There is no message available to man to persuade them. They've never relied on reason or facts, so it's folly to believe they'll do so now.

It's not about policy to them. They're on a jihad to save the country they're destroying. 

They just know hate and scorn.

Don't forget gaslighting the libs. That's really all they're about. 

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hell, I'd bet my retirement that he'll never see a minute behind bars.  I wouldn't bet more than $1000 he doesn't get reelected. 

On 4/24/2022 at 5:55 AM, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

a commie dude I know is backing Russia and said Ukraine has lost all their navy, which presumably wasn't much.   Is that true? 

Ukraine scuttled much of their fleet. It was a small fleet that could really only do coastal defense and the Ukrainians rightly understood they weren’t going to take this war to sea.

Also get more intelligent friends. It’s really embarrassing to be a real life pinko in 2022. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Washington Journal asked its callers over the weekend if the J/6 insurrection would impact how they will vote in the upcoming midterms. Every Republican caller and a good number of callers claiming to be independent, said they would vote Republican, mostly because Pelosi failed to secure the Capitol from people like themselves.

That’s what we’re up against.

• Rage+1 2

What I find rather dismaying is that some of my conservative colleagues have shifted from attacking the Biden administration for not having done enough to support Ukraine prior to the war, to arguing that we are doing too much. According to this line, Ukrainian success in the east will lead Putin to escalate to chemical or biological weapons, or even the use of nuclear weapons. In this they are joining hands with the pacifist Left, which has used the World War III argument from the beginning to caution against providing strong support to Ukraine.

8 hours ago, Satchel said:

Washington Journal asked its callers over the weekend if the J/6 insurrection would impact how they will vote in the upcoming midterms. Every Republican caller and a good number of callers claiming to be independent, said they would vote Republican, mostly because Pelosi failed to secure the Capitol from people like themselves.

That’s what we’re up against.

Would be funny if it wasn't depressing as fuck. 

20 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

So this is interesting.  One authoritarians actions are affecting another's:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/25/investing/china-capital-outflows-covid-ukraine-war-intl-mic-hnk/index.html

As cool as it would be if the out flows were due to China's pro Russia stance, I think it's their insane covid zero policy...... And then our rising interest rates................................ And then maybe the tiny risk of western sanctions.

As cool as it would be if the out flows were due to China's pro Russia stance, I think it's their insane covid zero policy...... And then our rising interest rates................................ And then maybe the tiny risk of western sanctions.

Agreed. It’s rarely one thing.

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Has  Anyone covered where this would all be if dotard was in charge?

Would we be fighting with the Russians, completely.abstain from any support, pretend it's not even happening.... it would be embarrassing no matter what I'm sure.

Last i checked the right is still utterly convinced Russia would never attack Ukraine with Trump in the White House even though *checks notes* Russia was actively attacking Ukraine in the Donbas every day of Trump's presidency.

So... pretend it's not happening.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Has  Anyone covered where this would all be if dotard was in charge?

Would we be fighting with the Russians, completely.abstain from any support, pretend it's not even happening.... it would be embarrassing no matter what I'm sure.

Trump would still be trying to weaken NATO. He wouldn’t do anything for Ukraine unless Congress authorized it and even then he would resist and try to extort political favors from Zelensky in return. As always, he’d repeat Russian propaganda. He’s an asset of Russian intelligence whether he realizes it or not.

He loves Vladimir Putin. He wants to be Vladimir Putin. That’s his idea of what a strong leader should be, controlling everything and getting rich as a result. That’s his vision of what great men do and he thinks he’s a great man. He’s actually a frightened little boy whose parents didn’t love him. He’s a schoolyard bully who talks tough but is actually very weak. He’s an idiot and a fool.

By itself that wouldn’t be a big deal but what sucks is that there are tens of millions of Americans who can’t see it. They’re all lining up to buy the snake oil. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Dotard is the Mussolini to Putin's Hitler.  He would do whatever Putin ordered him to do, and his moron followers would cheer it on.

oh cool, can we ff to the end where Putin offs himself and Dotard is strung up in the streets by his toes?

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

The US needs to lean uber hard on OPEC to get them to turn the spigot up on supply, and choke off Putin once and for all.  SA doesn't have the warm and fuzzies for the US Currently so Mr. Biden needs to get somebody over there, and pass out a shit load of new Lambo's, Ferarris, and any other luxury piece of shit car we can (ala Zero Dark Thirty) to sweeten the deal. 

No new oil income will hurt him the most, and should bleed him out quickly.