Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

It’s funny. When Russia invaded Ukraine, I saw videos of women and children boarding trains to flee the country for safety, crying and saying tearful goodbyes to their husbands and fathers who were staying behind to fight and defend their country. This morning on BBC I saw video of Russian women and children crying while their husbands and fathers were boarding trains to flee from Russia in order to escape conscription to fight in Ukraine.

• Hook 'Em 3

I don’t see how we won’t see continued failure for Russia in this war. They might have periodic victories but the west has pretty much committed funds and weapons for Ukraine’s defenses. The only victory path that I could see for Putin is if Ukraine runs out of soldiers because personnel or long range weapons are the only things not supplied by the West.

an unmotivated invading force will just do the minimum biding their time to go home.

putin doesn’t seem to be giving western leaders any outs. If he proposed that some of these areas should be given autonomous powers but not part of Russia, there could be some European countries that agree just to end this.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, The Dog said:

Putting aside the potshots he was taking at Biden ( and conveniently ignoring Trump’s actions towards Ukraine) I would like to believe that Mitch actuall means well and means what he says about freedom and democracy.

But this:

“He should also be clear with our allies that our defense holiday is over. It is time for all of us to rebuild our militaries and defense industrial bases.

“This will take urgent investments, regulatory reform, and prioritization to expand our capacity to produce critical munitions and systems.  

That smacks of American defense contractors writing that part

Make It Rain Money GIF

And…

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tn5i4e3u7zxoj8odvi

• Hook 'Em 1

Russian military recruitment centers under attack.

https://www.axios.com/2022/09/26/russia-draft-ukraine-recruitment-center-attack

Russians lining up en masse at various borders to try to escape Putin's draft. What a mistake on Putin's part.

https://www.axios.com/2022/09/25/russia-neighbor-close-border

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Russians lining up en masse at various borders to try to escape Putin's draft. What a mistake on Putin's part.

It seems pretty chilly in Latvia these days: 

The sentiment was shared by Latvian Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs, who tweeted Thursday that "many of Russians who now flee Russia because of mobilization were fine with killing Ukrainians, they did not protest then, it is not right to consider them as conscious objectors. There are considerable security risks admitting them and plenty of countries outside EU to go."

• Hook 'Em 4

My Russian friend arrived in Geneva last Thursday.

6 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Whoops

You realize of course that we had already halted Nord Stream 2 via the sanctions route. 

From the article:

Two of the damaged pipes are part of Nord Stream 1, normally a major transmission line of Russian natural gas to Europe, while the third is part of Nord Stream 2, which Western nations have blocked from becoming fully operational as part of sanctions over Russia’s war in Ukraine.

A spokesman for the European Commission said that although gas supplies were not at risk because of the new leaks, officials were concerned about potential environmental damage.

“This hasn’t affected the security of supply as yet,” the spokesman, Tim McPhie said. “As you know deliveries have been zero on Nord Stream 1 anyway, and North Stream 2 is not yet authorized to operate. We are also analyzing the potential impact of these leaks of methane, which is a gas which of course has considerable effects on climate change, and we are in touch with the member states about the potential impact on maritime navigation.”

This is a Russian false flag attack, guaranteed. No one else benefits in damaging a supply line that wasn't supplying anything. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Russian agents gonna Russian agent. 

20d3802dc9eacc277ba406758b4e004e.jpg

21 minutes ago, Captainant said:

So just to be clear: are you agreeing with the russian state media claim that the US is attacking infrastructure that our allies need? 

Did you watch the video? Either that was a dumbfuck thing to say because it gives them a layup to claim a false flag or the see eye ayy took out the pipeline that our allies need.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/sep/27/nord-stream-1-2-pipelines-leak-baltic-sabotage-fears

Is the Guardian Russian state media?

German sources say three simultaneous leaks make accident unlikely

Anonymous sources in German government circles also said the simultaneity of the three leaks made an accident unlikely. “Our imagination cannot come up with a scenario which isn’t a deliberate attack,” a person involved in the investigation told the German daily Der Tagesspiegel.

Are German Sources Russian state media?

You may have to wrap your head around the President saying "If Russia invades...then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it." Reporter: "But how will you do that, exactly, since...the project is in Germany's control?" Biden: "I promise you, we will be able to do that."

Is Biden from February also Russian state media?

Kind of goes in line with Jordan "wash your penis" Peterson - he said Russians are going to wait until it's cold and shut off the pipeline. This works out where they can false flag and easily blame the US because Biden came out and promised that was what they would do.

• Fuck You 5

29 minutes ago, Walser said:

I didn't have an opinion on Snowden because I don't know enough about the whole thing. But the fact that Matt Gaetz is for a pardon tells me all I need to know.

Isn't it interesting these CIA assets names - "Snowed in" goes to hideout in Russia to avoid capture for saying the NSA is spying on everyone.

Reminds me of Reality Winner

18 minutes ago, Zeus said:

20d3802dc9eacc277ba406758b4e004e.jpg

Did you watch the video? Either that was a dumbfuck thing to say because it gives them a layup to claim a false flag or the see eye ayy took out the pipeline that our allies need.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/sep/27/nord-stream-1-2-pipelines-leak-baltic-sabotage-fears

Is the Guardian Russian state media?

Are German Sources Russian state media?

You may have to wrap your head around the President saying "If Russia invades...then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it." Reporter: "But how will you do that, exactly, since...the project is in Germany's control?" Biden: "I promise you, we will be able to do that."

Is Biden from February also Russian state media?

Kind of goes in line with Jordan "wash your penis" Peterson - he said Russians are going to wait until it's cold and shut off the pipeline. This works out where they can false flag and easily blame the US because Biden came out and promised that was what they would do.

We had already taken out Nord Stream 2 via sanctions. It wasn't doing anything. We did exactly what Biden said we would do via diplomacy with our allies. No sabotage needed. Go troll elsewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 7

18 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Yeah, Biden says one thing on 2/7 and nothing has happened to change public perception of Russia and the US in believability since then. 

17 minutes ago, Tuco said:

It takes a special kind of idiot to blame Biden for threatening NS2.

And, yeah, Biden was able to stop it without some James Bond plot. Let’s go Brandon.

Well NATO has been monitoring everything with the pipeline so they should easily be able to prove Russia did it right?

It's easy to find the moment and location pressure dropped and all of the ships around the location. 

USS Kearsarge was out there by Bornholm last Wednesday - that was the last update.. maybe they saw something?

How it's done:

https://www.pipeline-journal.net/news/explosive-laden-drone-found-near-nord-stream-pipeline

1664287358404820-pol.png

Edited by Zeus
  • Fuck You 4

11 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Well NATO has been monitoring everything with the pipeline so they should easily be able to prove Russia did it right?

It's easy to find the moment and location pressure dropped and all of the ships around the location. 

USS Kearsarge was out there by Bornholm last Wednesday - that was the last update.. maybe they saw something?

How it's done:

https://www.pipeline-journal.net/news/explosive-laden-drone-found-near-nord-stream-pipeline

1664287358404820-pol.png

good lord.  all actions are observed, even in the open sea, says poster.

26 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

good lord.  all actions are observed, even in the open sea, says poster.

Hey boomer have you heard of radar and satellites?

Every inch of the world is under observation, especially areas of conflict. 

You think the West would let a few Russian/Chinese ships drop mines on their zillion dollar pipeline and nobody notices or sees what happened? 

Actually Ukraine already knows it was Russia! Evidence? They said so.

“The large-scale ‘gas leak’ from Nord Stream 1 is nothing more than a terrorist attack planned by Russia and an act of aggression towards the EU," Kyiv’s presidential advisor Mikhaylo Podolyak said on Twitter.

https://www.news18.com/news/world/ukraine-says-nord-stream-gas-leaks-a-terrorist-attack-by-russia-6051049.html

• Fuck You 3

33 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Lulz. No, he doesn’t realize anything. 

Yeah halted until winter comes and prices go from 1000% to 6000% and even the less poor eurotrash can't keep from freezing, then Germany and others pressure the US to lift sanctions.

Now they can't say shit about the sanctions.

Either way, as long as we aren't drone striking civilians in 10 different countries I'm ok with a proxy war and clandestine fuckery going on in Eastern Euroop. Only cost us $50B so far and killed way less innocents than what was done in  Iraq/Afghanistan/Libya/Somalia/Pakistan/Syria by Nobel peace prize winner Barak Obomba.

Well, I guess we will see after this winter how many europoors freeze to death.

Edited by Zeus
  • Fuck You 5

39 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Hey @Zeus you should post these hot takes in the DT thread and show your pro-russia flag there my dude. ImmaculateGRUbeast would love it!

Apparently I'm a Russian spy for not immediately blaming Russia for their own pipelines getting blown up. Crazy town.

I'm just looking for evidence. Motive. Opportunity.

Bidum literally promised in a press conference they would shut it down. Sure sanctions stopped the flow for summer, but winter is around the corner. 

Opportunity - who guards and observes the area? NATO right? So what do they think happened and why? 

If NATO had any evidence of Russian involvement wouldn't they come out and say it immediately?

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm becoming more convinced we should require math or logic or civics problems before allowing someone to submit a post in this forum

I've got an engineering degree from Texas, so your boomer math and logic problems would probably take 30 seconds.

• Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Zeus,

Are you concluding that the US used military action based on your flimsy combination of Biden's statement and that nobody has proved the negative?

Are you guessing?

Either way, what is your main point?

No, he's just asking questions.

• Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Apparently I'm a Russian spy for not immediately blaming Russia for their own pipelines getting blown up. Crazy town.

I'm just looking for evidence. Motive. Opportunity.

Bidum literally promised in a press conference they would shut it down. Sure sanctions stopped the flow for summer, but winter is around the corner. 

Opportunity - who guards and observes the area? NATO right? So what do they think happened and why? 

If NATO had any evidence of Russian involvement wouldn't they come out and say it immediately?

I've got an engineering degree from Texas, so your boomer math and logic problems would probably take 30 seconds.

boomer? I'm 43

and civics it is

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm becoming more convinced we should require math or logic or civics problems before allowing someone to submit a post in this forum

I've said for years that no one should be able to get a college degree in any subject without taking at least two logic classes.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Either way, as long as we aren't drone striking civilians in 10 different countries I'm ok with a proxy war and clandestine fuckery going on in Eastern Euroop. Only cost us $50B so far and killed way less innocents than what was done in  Iraq/Afghanistan/Libya/Somalia/Pakistan/Syria by Nobel peace prize winner Barak Obomba.

This is one of the dumbest things ever posted in this forum.  It's like you can't figure out if you want to be a bad troll or a bad debater.  Either way, put yourself in timeout for about 25 years.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Zeus,

Are you concluding that the US used military action based on your flimsy combination of Biden's statement and that nobody has proved the negative?

Are you guessing?

Either way, what is your main point?

You are correct, just a guess based on the information out there so far.

Nobody is making a peep about China which does have the motive - fuck over Russia and Euroop, sell them gas and lots of shitty electric heaters and blankets in the meantime. 

https://news.yahoo.com/chinas-top-energy-firms-sending-174055752.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-26/electric-blanket-sales-soar-as-homeowners-face-steep-fuel-bills

Who could it be? Probably from most to least likely I'd say - 

China

US

Russia

Russia is last not just because I don't think they are competent to do this without getting caught, I don't think it's in their best interest to cutoff the link to Euroop and force themselves into further alliance with China. 

Point is, it's clearly in no one's interest to damage the lines, so it's interesting to find out who dun it and why. We may never know the truth and have to just guess as the different sides point fingers at each other. 

• Fuck You 4

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This is one of the dumbest things ever posted in this forum.  It's like you can't figure out if you want to be a bad troll or a bad debater.  Either way, put yourself in timeout for about 25 years.

Brilliant ad hominem you nailed me

Are you pro war or anti war? 

Do you prefer drone strikes in 8 third world countries (under Obama) or proxy war in Eastern Europe (under Biden)? 

Obviously I prefer neither, but if forced to choose one, I guess I'd say send $50 billion dollars to defense contractors ...err.. Ukraine

• Fuck You 7

40 minutes ago, Zeus said:

You are correct, just a guess based on the information out there so far.

Nobody is making a peep about China which does have the motive - fuck over Russia and Euroop, sell them gas and lots of shitty electric heaters and blankets in the meantime. 

https://news.yahoo.com/chinas-top-energy-firms-sending-174055752.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-26/electric-blanket-sales-soar-as-homeowners-face-steep-fuel-bills

Who could it be? Probably from most to least likely I'd say - 

China

US

Russia

Russia is last not just because I don't think they are competent to do this without getting caught, I don't think it's in their best interest to cutoff the link to Euroop and force themselves into further alliance with China. 

Point is, it's clearly in no one's interest to damage the lines, so it's interesting to find out who dun it and why. We may never know the truth and have to just guess as the different sides point fingers at each other. 

Thanks for responding and illuminating your position.

• Like 1