Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

10 hours ago, maninblack said:

That's a very sophomoric take on everything.

It's hilarious that me laughing at one of you chuckleheads calling for the death of someone that disagrees with your insane hive mind ideology gets more attention than the dude calling for someone to die.

Jesus guys fucking wake up

Genocidal war propagandists are bad.

• Hook 'Em 3

I don't have an answer for this question. Is there some reason other than deployment to Ukraine Putin could be calling up reserves?

Deploying untrained, resentful conscripts to a battleground already being lost by a trained army (such as it was) makes so little sense that I wonder if the call-up for Ukraine is a ruse so the soldiers can be put to a different use.

They will obviously be of almost no value in Ukraine.

So, what might Putin be planning? Maybe he will mass them on the Polish border or some other country to rattle his limp sabre at a new front maybe to improve his bargaining position? Maybe use them to keep his confederation cowed? Maybe use them to control the outraged Russian populace?

I don't favor explanations for a tyrant's actions that default to insanity. For one thing, it's a poor way to anticipate a considered move.

If Putin feels personally endangered, which he should, what is his move to address that problem and only that problem? Ukraine is a distant second to the cause of the survival of a tyrant. Same for Russian empire building.

I think we, the public and dull-minded news analysts, are likely experiencing yet another failure of imagination.

Has anyone seen any thoughts about Putin's possible moves to save himself?

• Like 1

Throw more bodies at it is the only plan Russians have.  It's what they always do.  This is straight out of their WWII playbook.  Send untrained and unarmed men to the front and keep a line of hardened veterans behind them to shoot anyone who tries to retreat.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't have an answer for this question. Is there some reason other than deployment to Ukraine Putin could be calling up reserves?

Deploying untrained, resentful conscripts to a battleground already being lost by a trained army (such as it was) makes so little sense that I wonder if the call-up for Ukraine is a ruse so the soldiers can be put to a different use.

So, what might Putin be planning? Maybe he will mass them on the Polish border or some other country to rattle his limp sabre at a new front maybe to improve his bargaining position? Maybe use them to keep his confederation cowed? Maybe use them to control the outraged Russian populace?

I don't favor explanations for a tyrant's actions that default to insanity. For one thing, it's a poor way to anticipate a considered move.

If Putin feels personally endangered, which he should, what is his move to address that problem and only that problem? Ukraine is a distant second to the cause of the survival of a tyrant. Same for Russian empire building.

I think we, the public and dull-minded news analysts, are likely experiencing yet another failure of imagination.

Has anyone seen any thoughts about Putin's possible moves to save himself?

I can’t imagine he’d be foolish enough to invade a NATO country. We would fuck him up so hard. 

They may be holding back their professional, volunteer, highly-trained infantry in case of an invasion.  As they have done so before.  Even though nobody is going to invade them. . But it sure sounds plausible to their interior citizenry. 

Anyone else oscillating between feeling bad for these untrained ethnic grunts and wishing them pure death?  I come back to the middle ground of "Well tough shit, if you didn't like the war or your national leadership...you should've risen up and overthrown him."  Then I realize I am guilty of the same thing and don't want to spend my Winter in Ukraine as a result.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Throw more bodies at it is the only plan Russians have.  It's what they always do.  This is straight out of their WWII playbook.  Send untrained and unarmed men to the front and keep a line of hardened veterans behind them to shoot anyone who tries to retreat.

Throwing more soldiers at the problem isn’t going to solve his problems with logistics, command and control, and troop morale. It’s a fool’s errand. I don’t get it. It’s beyond time for someone to step up and take him out.

It’s weird because he was sitting pretty, getting rich off the oligarchy/kleptocracy, before invading Ukraine. He didn’t need to do that. He just had some stupid idea that he should try to resurrect the Soviet Union. It’s madness. 

Thanks for the responses. I wrote "rattle his limp sabre" which I meant to mean he would merely threaten some border not cross it. Scare tactic. Maybe a hope to convince his people that they are under threat. I really don't know.

Above, Buck illustrates why I don't think deployment to Ukraine makes any sense or provides any advantage. Yes, Russia historically throws huge armies into the field which eventually, on their own soil, usually manage to repel an invader and even follow up in the case of NAZI Germany.

I'm looking for something a little more out of the box as a possible reason. Maybe such a reason doesn't exist, but it's worth exploring, I think.

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Throwing more soldiers at the problem isn’t going to solve his problems with logistics, command and control, and troop morale. It’s a fool’s errand. I don’t get it. It’s beyond time for someone to step up and take him out.

It’s weird because he was sitting pretty, getting rich off the oligarchy/kleptocracy, before invading Ukraine. He didn’t need to do that. He just had some stupid idea that he should try to resurrect the Soviet Union. It’s madness. 

He thought Ukraine would roll over and it would be easy.  Cossack on the NY subway should have told ya: “Ukraine not weak!”

Now he is not man enough to say he was wrong and back out. 

Edited by A-Tex Devil

Dictators have a problem not knowing when to stop.  Napoleon and Hitler both reached too far also.  Having almost unlimited power in their own country  and being surrounded by yes men warps their idea of what is possible.  No one was ever going to be brave enough to tell Putin invading Ukraine was going to be really hard.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 3

21 hours ago, Zeus said:

I guess people still use instagram but does anyone still get on facebook?

Yes. Just last month one of my posts received more than 50,000 "likes,"  and pretty much every day one of my posts gets more than 5,000 "likes." My Twitter/Instagram engagement, while okay, don't begin to touch that.   So, yeah, people still get on Facebook.

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

You'll have to excuse him.  His brain broke a couple of years ago.

I keep waiting for the following epiphany: "Hey, all the sources that I've been going to over the last 6 years for news, information, opinion, videos, and medical "research" have all unilaterally started pumping anti-Ukraine and U.S. involvement propaganda. Is it possible that all my sources are actually Russian bots bent on fracturing and weakening my country?"

Knowing that it will never come.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Thanks for the responses. I wrote "rattle his limp sabre" which I meant to mean he would merely threaten some border not cross it. Scare tactic. Maybe a hope to convince his people that they are under threat. I really don't know.

Above, Buck illustrates why I don't think deployment to Ukraine makes any sense or provides any advantage. Yes, Russia historically throws huge armies into the field which eventually, on their own soil, usually manage to repel an invader and even follow up in the case of NAZI Germany.

I'm looking for something a little more out of the box as a possible reason. Maybe such a reason doesn't exist, but it's worth exploring, I think.

Anyone who has questioned or criticized Putin over the last 20+ years has been replaced or poisoned or thrown out a window. He has heard nothing but how great and smart and infallible he is for so long he believes it. There are reports that he is actually giving direct battlefield orders. He’s insane

4 hours ago, Foosters said:

There are individuals on the left, who are so anti-capitalist, and "anti-Western Imperialism" that they find themselves stanning for authoritarian regimes that are in no way leftist, simply bc they oppose the west. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Conversely, as you already know, there are those on the right - ManInBlack and others in this case - who ostensibly support individual rights and the absence of government, but who back autocratic fascists like Orban and Putin.

The irony is that you have two diametrically opposed ideologies, with adherents so confused, they now find themselves standing under the same banner.

What is really telling is that public Russian defenders are uniformly shitheads about other stuff, too. There’s no one who is basically OK but is getting this one thing wrong. If you Stan for Russia or even if you just ask questions and pretend to be “against war even if it means Ukraine has to not exist” or some shit, you’re guaranteed to be an asshole who’s wrong about everything. 

There are plenty of public Ukraine supporters who are wrong about stuff and even bad overall, but if you’re at all a decent and non-brain damaged person— you’re also for Ukraine.  

• Hook 'Em 7

What is really telling is that public Russian defenders are uniformly shitheads about other stuff, too. There’s no one who is basically OK but is getting this one thing wrong. If you Stan for Russia or even if you just ask questions and pretend to be “against war even if it means Ukraine has to not exist” or some shit, you’re guaranteed to be an asshole who’s wrong about everything. 

There are plenty of public Ukraine supporters who are wrong about stuff and even bad overall, but if you’re at all a decent and non-brain damaged person— you’re also for Ukraine.  

Or, this asshole.

10 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

First external sanctions, then seize the workforce for what domestic manufacturing is left.  Putin is strangling himself.

Edited by TeeDubya
  • Hook 'Em 3

53 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol. don't fuck with that cat

I don't know the translation into Ukrainian, but it would appear it's, "Toonces!  The cat who could drive a Kozak APC!"

Toonces, look out...you're about to run over a chalk of Belarusian paratroopers!  Oooooops!  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I honestly don’t see how Putin is NOT going to use a nuke at this point since he has really painted himself in a corner and seems hell bent on the this strategy.  Baring assassination he really has no othet options.  So how do you guys see us responding?

1.  Russia uses a small battlefield  tactical nuke use.  I don’t think we do anything.  Putin will be completely isolated so I think we will stir up global outrage, send more conventional weapons to Ukraine and watch Russia implode.

2.  Russia nukes a city.  All bets are off.  I think we will actually respond forcefully and get directly involved in blasting their military to the stone ages.  Its WW3 at this point.

fun times.

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Wow if accurate, these stats are breathtaking, especially the 59,000 eliminated personnel considering this war been going on for about 7-8 months?.  I grew up during the Vietnam War and recall we lost about same out amount for the entirety of that war which lasted many years and deeply heartbreaking for America.  Hope Russian people will rise up to stop Putin’s war.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

I honestly don’t see how Putin is NOT going to use a nuke at this point since he has really painted himself in a corner and seems hell bent on the this strategy.  Baring assassination he really has no othet options.  So how do you guys see us responding?

1.  Russia uses a small battlefield  tactical nuke use.  I don’t think we do anything.  Putin will be completely isolated so I think we will stir up global outrage, send more conventional weapons to Ukraine and watch Russia implode.

I think besides those measures, we dump a lot of high-tech weapons into Ukraine that aren’t already there.  China and India would help isolate him if he dropped a nuke on Ukraine.  China probably moves a lot of troops up to the border as well.  The last thing China and India need at this point is massive instability in the markets.

2.  Russia nukes a city.  All bets are off.  I think we will actually respond forcefully and get directly involved in blasting their military to the stone ages.  Its WW3 at this point.

fun times.

Putin could make the order and the Russian military could tell him to stick it up his ass. There is a history of the military ignoring nuclear orders.

On 9/28/2022 at 11:06 AM, RomaVicta said:

According to Western reports, the conscripts do serve a function. They are sent forward to assault Ukrainian positions. When the Ukrainians fire on the conscripts, they reveal their positions to Russian artillery. It's horrific, but it's a time-honored Russian tactic.