Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

I swear to god if Democrats don’t use these Russian Trump fellating clips in campaign ads…….

You think the Magats are going to believe the correct translations?

They don’t even believe it when the truth is staring them in the face in English.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I swear to god if Democrats don’t use these Russian Trump fellating clips in campaign ads…….

4 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

You think the Magats are going to believe the correct translations?

They don’t even believe it when the truth is staring them in the face in English.

Your conclusions are all wrong Chad

They would welcome aligning with Russia and fascist control as long as it hurt the libs. They don't a fuck about democracy anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Your conclusions are all wrong Chad
They would welcome aligning with Russia and fascist control as long as it hurt the libs. They don't a fuck about democracy anymore. 

Don’t GAF about it? They actively hate it and want it to end.
The GQP openly wishes and works to turn us into a fascist dictatorship. That this sentence is true, and not hyperbole, still blows my fucking mind.

I can’t recommend enough this piece about Russia’s Central Bank and it’s admittedly rock star President Nabiullina. It provides much needed nuance and insight into what’s going on with Russia’s economy and the ruble and a counter-point to IV’s  crypto cheering and defeatism. 

Also, Nabiullina is an excellent example of what, in my experience, makes Russia (kind of) function. Russia is host to lots and lots of people, most of them non-ideological, who are not only deeply patriotic to whatever “Russia” exists, but also brilliant and dedicated in a way that’s hard to explain.  It’s kind of a paradox, like how some of the most beautiful and humanistic achievements of literature and music have also been produced by the same frozen penal colony.  Anyway, it is a grave error to dismiss the human capital present in lots of Russian institutions (the best tend to gravitate away from the “power” ministries and agencies— which is for the better). 

Lest this come off as a defense of them, it isn’t, as unquestioning patriotism and “doing good so that evil might prevail” is a grave moral defect. 

https://meduza.io/en/feature/2022/07/07/the-banker-s-dilemma

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I can’t recommend enough this piece about Russia’s Central Bank and it’s admittedly rock star President Nabiullina. It provides much needed nuance and insight into what’s going on with Russia’s economy and the ruble and a counter-point to IV’s  crypto cheering and defeatism. 

Also, Nabiullina is an excellent example of what, in my experience, makes Russia (kind of) function. Russia is host to lots and lots of people, most of them non-ideological, who are not only deeply patriotic to whatever “Russia” exists, but also brilliant and dedicated in a way that’s hard to explain.  It’s kind of a paradox, like how some of the most beautiful and humanistic achievements of literature and music have also been produced by the same frozen penal colony.  Anyway, it is a grave error to dismiss the human capital present in lots of Russian institutions (the best tend to gravitate away from the “power” ministries and agencies— which is for the better). 

Lest this come off as a defense of them, it isn’t, as unquestioning patriotism and “doing good so that evil might prevail” is a grave moral defect. 

https://meduza.io/en/feature/2022/07/07/the-banker-s-dilemma

Good read, @956 Worldwide - thanks for posting.  Regardless of their efforts, the Russian economy is only temporarily "healthy", and will be hurting - hopefully soon.  However, it is concerning that, by the time sanctions really start to bite, we'll be entering winter, and Europe will get desperate for fuel to heat their homes.

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It’s kind of a paradox, like how some of the most beautiful and humanistic achievements of literature and music have also been produced by the same frozen penal colony.

A lot of our great American music has its roots in slavery. Shiny happy people don’t create the blues. Doesn’t make the needless pain and suffering right but it’s a testament to the indomitable human spirit that the oppressed, those without a pot to piss in, can still find a way to let their light shine. 

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

A lot of our great American music has its roots in slavery. Shiny happy people don’t create the blues. Doesn’t make the needless pain and suffering right but it’s a testament to the indomitable human spirit that the oppressed, those without a pot to piss in, can still find a way to let their light shine. 

Somewhat ironically, the more liberal and humanistic Tolstoy was an aristocrat with a penchant for sexing up the peasant girls. The more conservative and sometime Russian chauvinist Dostoevsky was packed off to a Siberian prison camp and subject to a stage-managed fake execution. 

On 7/6/2022 at 4:55 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

Extremely stupid man doesn’t understand concept of “Treaty Depository Nation” (we are also in that role for the UN Charter, BTW).

Covid-19 is the 19th version of Covid. Why is it such a big deal now?

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

In one of my Classics courses at Texas, Prof. Gwynn Morgan (fabulous lecturer) spoke about the benefits of peace or neutrality by pointing to Switzerland: they produce no great art, literature, or innovations. Not a knock on the Swiss, just an observation about a roiling environment vs a serene one.

In one of my Classics courses at Texas, Prof. Gwynn Morgan (fabulous lecturer) spoke about the benefits of peace or neutrality by pointing to Switzerland: they produce no great art, literature, or innovations. Not a knock on the Swiss, just an observation about a roiling environment vs a serene one.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I love their cheese.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Kinda off topic but I'd never actually clicked on Julia Davis twitter until she was recommended as a source to me earlier in the thread. I seriously thought she was black. Turns out it was just the lighting and makeup in the thumbnail of her profile pic that made me assume she was black.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Kinda off topic but I'd never actually clicked on Julia Davis twitter until she was recommended as a source to me earlier in the thread. I seriously thought she was black. Turns out it was just the lighting and makeup in the thumbnail of her profile pic that made me assume she was black.

Miami Vice Deal With It GIF

Huge news, I believe.  This was a terrible psychological and material blow.  "The hits on at least five depots lying miles behind the frontline between Donetsk and Luhansk began on Friday and set off explosions at each site that lasted several hours."

Russians being confounded by Ukraine's use of advanced British M142 Himars. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

@atomheartbevo the far left and the far right in every country are almost always at worst Kremlin tools and at best useful idiot. Here’s Rand Paul being a complete shit, repeating Kremlin talking points and pretending like voting “present” is somehow less shitty than “no” on Nordic NATO:

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/should-nato-admit-sweden-and-finland/

Advocates of a never-retreating Hegelian march to freedom everywhere often admit they don’t care what our enemies say or promise to do. But refusing to understand or at least acknowledge an adversary’s demands is and always will be a recipe for perpetual war.

While there is no justification for Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, it cannot be argued that he didn’t telegraph that it would happen.

When Western intelligence agencies worked with Ukrainian Maidan protesters to topple the Russian-backed leader of Ukraine in 2014, Putin reacted by taking Crimea. When the Biden administration signed an accord with Ukraine reiterating an invitation for Ukraine to join NATO last fall, Putin responded with a massive invasion of Ukraine. Of course, nothing justifies the invasion, but it is an error to argue that it was not predictable.

As for Sweden and Finland, we still need serious, rational, objective debate on the costs and benefits of admitting two historically neutral nations who have such strategic geographic position in relation to Russia. Before the Russian invasion, I would have said no. But given Russian actions, I have shifted from being against their admittance to NATO to neutral on the question, and will as a consequence vote “present.”

• Hook 'Em 5

So Russia is now using Iranian drones in a great show of Russian military strength. Their munitions depots are getting fucked by long range western weapons (like HIMARS?) and Russia can't sustain the level of shelling it wants nor can they muster an overwhelming force without conscription. Resident bots, when will Russia win this thing? Can they without nukes?

Edited by B00M

Suspected Fabergé egg found on Russian oligarch’s superyacht, US investigators say

US deputy attorney general hails ‘interesting’ find on board yacht seized by US authorities and sailed from Fiji to San Diego

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/21/suspected-faberge-egg-found-on-russian-oligarchs-superyacht-us-investigators-say

On 7/9/2022 at 10:41 AM, RomaVicta said:

I remember Prof Morgan and taking a couple of his classes he taught.on Roman History.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/14/2022 at 4:27 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

the far left and the far right in every country are almost always at worst Kremlin tools and at best useful idiot.

Everybody other than the squishy centrists are agents of Russia. 

Ned is furiously jerking off to this rhetoric as we speak. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I understand why you’re lashing out, it must have been hard to wake up in late February and realize your Kremlin-curiosity is no longer a somewhat socially acceptable personality quirk. 

You certainly know what it takes to get Ned going.    

On 7/30/2022 at 10:04 AM, SmokeyTheBear said:

It really is an odd disconnect. Person rails consistently about the US intel community and their overreach in all areas, and yet...... a defender and deflector of a country ran by an intel officer with a long history of destabilizing countries to further their power goals. 

But FISA

Defender and deflector = pointing out some of the totally insane shit that people swallow uncritically when “Russia!” Is invoked. 

It’s gonna be interesting to see how raising an entire political generation under this level of intensive propaganda shakes out. 

17 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Defender and deflector = pointing out some of the totally insane shit that people swallow uncritically when “Russia!” Is invoked. 

It’s gonna be interesting to see how raising an entire political generation under this level of intensive propaganda shakes out. 

No no, I prefer to have a major blindspot towards a corrosive actor whose only way to be relevant is to attempt to destroy other countries/alliances that ensure safety of those regions (along with brags about it and provides ample evidence that they are doing so), yet makes sure to point out the travesty of FISA in typical both sides deflection whenever possible. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I really don't understand your inability to accept that Russia is a bad actor in this regard. They do all the things people have said. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

I really don't understand your inability to accept that Russia is a bad actor in this regard. They do all the things people have said. 

Because Carter Page and some server thing proves that Russia isn't doing anything nefarious around the world. And you're too stupid to see a failing in one little part of the narrative automatically nullifies the rest. 

CIA out front should have told you

• Like 1