Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

3 hours ago, troph said:

100% I didn’t even get goosebumps when Obama mentioned my people for the first time ever on that stage in the SOTU speech, tonight I had goosebumps 3-4 times. That was history.  How anyone can deny the importance of our role in supporting the Ukrainian people is beyond me. We should do more.

You are us. We are you. Time for the nation to be cool with that. 

Concerning the speech- Tears. History. And a lot are doing quite a bit, so lets keep it going. 

Bless you, all you love and Merry Christmas. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

not sure what thread you're referring to, but i've littered a couple lately (both here and on movies/tv) because of the 1938-1942 rabbit hole i've been in.  u.s. and the holocaust (ken burns), the plot against america (hbo 2021 david simon) and ultra (the new podcast by maddow).  all are terrific, and really shine a light on something i was not at all familiar with.

the short version is that there was a large group of people in the u.s. - many of whom in congress - who were part of "america first" groups (literally the same name - though there were several groups).  these traitors either willingly (took $ from nazis) or unwittingly (just went along with it because simple people are simple) supported nazi germany at a time when the world needed us most.

there is debate out there (and you ww2 buffs would know better than i) about when we would've/should've joined the war, if not for pearl harbor timing.  but make no mistake, we had senators, congressmen, and many important businessmen who used the guise of "america first" and "why do we care what happens in europe" in accordance with hitler's wishes who obviously wanted to keep us out of the conflict, knowing full well what would happen if/when we got involved.

there were actual nazi officials in america distributing (by congressional franking mail) their propaganda through congressmen, and in some cases actually writing speeches for senators who would deliver them on the floor of the fucking senate.  and in case you were wondering (you weren't), almost all of these fiends were republicans (though a couple were dems).

taking a stand (or in this case sitting on your hands) against ukraine and arguing against aid is 100% supporting putin and russia and helping them get what they want.  if they're not getting compensated directly by russia in some way, i'd actually be surprised.  no i wouldn't, they're morons.  i'm glad at least mcconnell and some others are speaking out and not participating in this nonsense.  not showing up is shameful, showing up to cause a scene is un-fucking-american. 

when people say remember the past, lest you are condemned to repeat it, this is one of those times.

100% 100% 100%, if 300% was a real number to show totality of agreement I would say 300% but it's not so I'll say I agree 110% with you.  It's utterly shocking that people can't see this as crystal clear as it really is.

In fact my biggest concern is that Ukraine won't get the support it really needs. Initially Ukraine needed defensive support, but now, it's needs offensive support to expel the bastards and to prevent attacks from inside Russia landing in Ukraine.  This war is dangerously close to being a decade long war if the West doesn't step up its support.  Of course, as I type, US aid is now in jeopardy with these fuckstain nazi sympathizers.  But tell me again how Biden and the Democrats are really American Communists. Jesus fucking fascist Christ.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, troph said:

100% 100% 100%, if 300% was a real number to show totality of agreement I would say 300% but it's not so I'll say I agree 110% with you.  It's utterly shocking that people can't see this as crystal clear as it really is.

In fact my biggest concern is that Ukraine won't get the support it really needs. Initially Ukraine needed defensive support, but now, it's needs offensive support to expel the bastards and to prevent attacks from inside Russia landing in Ukraine.  This war is dangerously close to being a decade long war if the West doesn't step up its support.  Of course, as I type, US aid is now in jeopardy with these fuckstain nazi sympathizers.  But tell me again how Biden and the Democrats are really American Communists. Jesus fucking fascist Christ.

and that's the great irony, is that back in the 40's, the russians (commies) were fighting germany and losing tens of millions of soldiers and if you were supporting american involvement, you were labeled a red, a communist, or a communist sympathizer.  the jews of the time were often labeled communists (supporters the same way).  as we know, for a long period of time in america, a "communist" was about the worst thing you could be called.  now it's like the words have lost all meaning.

this shouldn't even be a partisan issue.  this should be a uniting issue.  but here we are.

• Hook 'Em 2

not sure what thread you're referring to, but i've littered a couple lately (both here and on movies/tv) because of the 1938-1942 rabbit hole i've been in.  u.s. and the holocaust (ken burns), the plot against america (hbo 2021 david simon) and ultra (the new podcast by maddow).  all are terrific, and really shine a light on something i was not at all familiar with.
the short version is that there was a large group of people in the u.s. - many of whom in congress - who were part of "america first" groups (literally the same name - though there were several groups).  these traitors either willingly (took $ from nazis) or unwittingly (just went along with it because simple people are simple) supported nazi germany at a time when the world needed us most.
there is debate out there (and you ww2 buffs would know better than i) about when we would've/should've joined the war, if not for pearl harbor timing.  but make no mistake, we had senators, congressmen, and many important businessmen who used the guise of "america first" and "why do we care what happens in europe" in accordance with hitler's wishes who obviously wanted to keep us out of the conflict, knowing full well what would happen if/when we got involved.
there were actual nazi officials in america distributing (by congressional franking mail) their propaganda through congressmen, and in some cases actually writing speeches for senators who would deliver them on the floor of the fucking senate.  and in case you were wondering (you weren't), almost all of these fiends were republicans (though a couple were dems).
taking a stand (or in this case sitting on your hands) against ukraine and arguing against aid is 100% supporting putin and russia and helping them get what they want.  if they're not getting compensated directly by russia in some way, i'd actually be surprised.  no i wouldn't, they're morons.  i'm glad at least mcconnell and some others are speaking out and not participating in this nonsense.  not showing up is shameful, showing up to cause a scene is un-fucking-american. 
when people say remember the past, lest you are condemned to repeat it, this is one of those times.

0bf758f963ecfeddbf71153264f1e59e.jpg
Ran for President in ‘36. Founder of The Silver Legion.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

You are us. We are you. Time for the nation to be cool with that. 

Concerning the speech- Tears. History. And a lot are doing quite a bit, so lets keep it going. 

Bless you, all you love and Merry Christmas. 

thanks, no need to talk about that here, I was only saying so to compare to how important this speech was, it's more important and more historic than anything I've seen. I was proud to be a citizen of this country listening to him speak in front of the Senate and House Democrats, and those Republicans who haven't lost their minds.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, troph said:

thanks, no need to talk about that here, I was only saying so to compare to how important this speech was, it's more important and more historic than anything I've seen. I was proud to be a citizen of this country listening to him speak in front of the Senate and House Democrats, and those Republicans who haven't lost their minds.

Loved watching him tell his Ambassador he could carry the US Flag out. Kind of expected him to run down the aisle doing high fives. 

Now back to the war. Those who don't want to support, ok, I get that. Those actively whining about Ukraine in the news and on social media suck donkey balls harder than a Nuevo Laredo hooker. 

Is that how we get this thread back on track? 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Loved watching him tell his Ambassador he could carry the US Flag out. Kind of expected him to run down the aisle doing high fives. 

Now back to the war. Those who don't want to support, ok, I get that. Those actively whining about Ukraine in the news and on social media suck donkey balls harder than a Nuevo Laredo hooker. 

Is that how we get this thread back on track? 

pacifists - IF they are consistent - are a bit gullible and intellectually immature but they are not disgusting humans. Republicans and US citizens who are not truly pacifists who do not support the Ukrainians are worthy of an ass-whooping.

/back on track

• Hook 'Em 9

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Gaetz, MTG, Boebert, Tucker, Gohmert, etc. simply sympathize with Russia and Vladimir Putin more than they do with Ukraine’s efforts to democratize and join Europe (which they hate).

Putin isn’t accountable in elections, uses state power to harm his political opponents, pretends to advocate for family and traditional values, persecutes sexual minorities, has trashed civic society and the free press, and runs an effective propaganda machine. He’s exactly what they support in a leader and they would like the U.S. to look more like Russia.

It’s not acceptable to say you hope he wins out loud anymore so instead they play this little game where they don’t like Putin but they don’t like Zelenskyy even worse. 

fascists, 100% fascists.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Gaetz, MTG, Boebert, Tucker, Gohmert, etc. simply sympathize with Russia and Vladimir Putin more than they do with Ukraine’s efforts to democratize and join Europe (which they hate).

Boebert is either really fucking stupid, or her followers are.  Oh wait, it’s both. She would have us believe we are just sending bundles of cash over there with no accounting, all the while ignoring the HIMARS, M777s, humvees, etc. that we are constantly seeing in videos.

Fucking traitor.

• Rage+1 2

I bailed on the GOP because they were hell-bent on invading Iraq (plans were discussed long before 2003). I was angry that people I know died in Iraq,

And now it’s just so fucking embarrassing to have been a Republican in the last 20 years, because the stupidity present in Republican politicians and candidates and the base, and the pro-Russian attitudes, it’s just absolutely fucking insane.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Boebert is either really fucking stupid, or her followers are.  Oh wait, it’s both. She would have us believe we are just sending bundles of cash over there with no accounting, all the while ignoring the HIMARS, M777s, humvees, etc. that we are constantly seeing in videos.

Fucking traitor.

hey jackass, war is expensive. food, clothing, shelter, fuel, parts, equipment, ammunition, and the weapons themselves.  no it's not on hunter biden's laptop. it's in the dead bodies of thousands of russian soldiers. how the fuck do you think it is russia is struggling, an entire nation struggling with their war budget? because it's expensive you fucking moran.  eat a dick.

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I bailed on the GOP because they were hell-bent on invading Iraq (plans were discussed long before 2003). I was angry that people I know died in Iraq,

And now it’s just so fucking embarrassing to have been a Republican in the last 20 years, because the stupidity present in Republican politicians and candidates and the base, and the pro-Russian attitudes, it’s just absolutely fucking insane.

Yeah but what about Yemen - Ani

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

now imagine you're me and you try to explain how you voted for GHWB, Dole, GWB (twice) and didn't come to your senses until Obama. wait, that isn't it, I don't try to explain, I embarrassingly keep my mouth shut.

• Hook 'Em 2

Putin isn’t accountable in elections, uses state power to harm his political opponents, pretends to advocate for family and traditional values, persecutes sexual minorities, has trashed civic society and the free press, and runs an effective propaganda machine. He’s exactly what they support in a leader and they would like the U.S. to look more like Russia.
 It’s not acceptable to say you hope he wins out loud anymore so instead they play this little game where they don’t like Putin but they don’t like Zelenskyy even worse. 

I don’t even think they truly sympathize with Putin.

It’s purely a strategic decision - Democrats and the media have evidence that Putin and Russian Intelligence wanted and helped Trump to win in 2016 and opposing Putin and helping Ukraine is supported by the Biden Administration.

Ergo, they are against it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I don’t even think they truly sympathize with Putin.

It’s purely a strategic decision - Democrats and the media have evidence that Putin and Russian Intelligence wanted and helped Trump to win in 2016 and opposing Putin and helping Ukraine is supported by the Biden Administration.

Ergo, they are against it.

i don't know, I honestly think for some it is more sinister.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, troph said:

now imagine you're me and you try to explain how you voted for GHWB, Dole, GWB (twice) and didn't come to your senses until Obama. wait, that isn't it, I don't try to explain, I embarrassingly keep my mouth shut.

Nothing wrong with voting for GHWB.  Dole we will never know how he’d be, but doesn’t seem to have much stink on him.  I remember being very touched by him with both GHWB’s death and (😂) Norm’s. I think this tendency to pollute the entirety of history because the last 15 years of R jackassery isn’t good. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Nothing wrong with voting for GHWB.  Dole we will never know how he’d be, but doesn’t seem to have much stink on him.  I remember being very touched by him with both GHWB’s death and (😂) Norm’s. I think this tendency to pollute the entirety of history because the last 15 years of R jackassery isn’t good. 

Well one thing has been consistent for the republicans for my entire lifetime making a vote for them embarrassing in my particular set of circumstances, otherwise I would say I agree for the most part. 

6 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

I wish she would shut the fuck up. Calling American's traitors? Where is the proof or just your stupid ass opinion Marjorie? 

Please lord, let her get banned from Twitter. 

Or just stop posting her shit here. She’s a troll. Ignore the troll. She tweets inflammatory shit so it will go viral. Don’t help her. I don’t need to know all the stupid shit she’s saying to know she’s saying stupid shit. The verdict is in on her. I don’t need more proof. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

We’ve spent about 5.6% of our defense budget and Ukrainians have destroyed our second most powerful adversary’s conventional military. That’s freaking awesome and it’s OK with me if Boeing and Raytheon get a bit of that cut.

https://twitter.com/noahcrothman/status/1605911084451483649?s=46&t=kItOl5dz0JILsjVCt9FZaA 

This and the reinvigoration and expansion of NATO are probably Biden’s most notable first term successes.  Traitors my ass, project much you political harlot? Burns me up these jackwagons.

• Hook 'Em 2

We’ve spent about 5.6% of our defense budget and Ukrainians have destroyed our second most powerful adversary’s conventional military. That’s freaking awesome and it’s OK with me if Boeing and Raytheon get a bit of that cut.

https://twitter.com/noahcrothman/status/1605911084451483649?s=46&t=kItOl5dz0JILsjVCt9FZaA 

This and the reinvigoration and expansion of NATO are probably Biden’s most notable first term successes.  Traitors my ass, project much you political harlot? Burns me up these jackwagons.

Adding Finland and Sweden to NATO is huge. 

Yeah….the ROI on our assistance to Ukraine is maybe the best investment I’ve ever seen our government make.

And reinvigorating and expanding Fortress Europe is perhaps the greatest foreign policy success in a generation.

Let’s Go Brandon indeed!
  • Hook 'Em 4

We also get to beta-test our JV equipment and weapons platforms against the Russian varsity stuff.  And now see what a coalition would look like should we have to do battle with China, a bigger and bolder NATO.  All without a single boot in the theater.  

Also the dirty little secret that nobody wants to talk about.....not only is our flyover/satellite intel beyond reproach...we can deploy real time feeds of Russian movements down to the squad level comms systems, or even their smart phone.  we even know when a drone "wakes up", long before it even flies over the battlefield.  

The only wild card remains...what if out of desperation...Putin deploys a nuclear warhead?  And worse, what if it's an unreliable as the rest of their conventional weapons systems?  Only thing worse than a warhead headed for Kyiv is a warhead leaving Russia headed for whoops?  

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, troph said:

Yeah the ramifications of NATO expansion are fantastic. US won’t be able to stand up to china by the end of this century im guessing but the whole of Europe and the US can. 

Not sure Europe would move that far in force. They still do not have the logistics we do. 

EU holds the EU borders with Russia, Korea holds their border. 

It would be the US, Aussies, Japan and Taiwan. The China can project strength only so far and their landing ships would be at the mercy of our Navy. 

One caveat. China has modernized, but it is unproven in battle. They exercise with (hehehe) the Russian Navy. Our allies participate in a lot of exercises with us. Air, Land and Sea. I think we can hold them from Taiwan. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

I wish she would shut the fuck up. Calling American's traitors? Where is the proof or just your stupid ass opinion Marjorie? 

Please lord, let her get banned from Twitter. 

There's probably a greater chance that she and elon will start knocking boots, or hooves or whatever the fuck she has going on down there. 

• Haha 2

Yeah the ramifications of NATO expansion are fantastic. US won’t be able to stand up to china by the end of this century im guessing but the whole of Europe and the US can. 

Not sure Europe would move that far in force. They still do not have the logistics we do. 
EU holds the EU borders with Russia, Korea holds their border. 
It would be the US, Aussies, Japan and Taiwan. The China can project strength only so far and their landing ships would be at the mercy of our Navy. 
One caveat. China has modernized, but it is unproven in battle. They exercise with (hehehe) the Russian Navy. Our allies participate in a lot of exercises with us. Air, Land and Sea. I think we can hold them from Taiwan. 

Inka has it right. China’s hardware is not materially better than Russia’s. And their ability to project outside their land borders is….not strong.
China is not a major military threat (to Taiwan or elsewhere that we’d care about), and isn’t in track to be anytime soon. China’s militarily is built mostly to quash internal unrest. Internally, they know that they can’t take Taiwan militarily, and they’ve lost any prospect of doing so for at least a generation (Russia’s humiliation in Ukraine has been quite eye-opening for them). Spent a good bit of time discussing this topic with one of Biden’s former advisers a few months ago, and he was quite comfortable with those conclusions, and he knows his shit.
Not to go off all the way on that tangent, but China is bound for some pain: looming demographic disaster, upended place in the global supply chain (fewer manufacturers will trust offshoring in China), no good military prospects, and Xi’s move to be dictator for life upended the rules-based order that third parties thought they could trust, so China has lost both political and military trust. Not a great future.
  • Hook 'Em 3

There is 75 years left in this century fellas and china is already a handful, and there’s more to standing up to a superpower than military weaponry. I’m not saying the US won’t carry most of the burden, I’m saying global isolation of a super power works when implemented on all fronts and tighter and stronger ties within NATO and its expansion can only help. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, troph said:

There is 75 years left in this century fellas and china is already a handful, and there’s more to standing up to a superpower than military weaponry. I’m not saying the US won’t carry most of the burden, I’m saying global isolation of a super power works when implemented on all fronts and tighter and stronger ties within NATO and its expansion can only help. 

Agree. I was a big supporter of EUFOR taking over in the Balkans and supporting Peacekeeping missions in the Sahel. That freed up US Assets. We have forward ready bases in Romania, Poland and Kosovo should we need them. 

My point is NATO won't be that powerful vs. China should it come to that. Maybe a squadron here, a squadron there, some material support. But deploying Battalions to defend Korea or Taiwan? Nope... 

A wild card is there that I forgot about. We should be training and equipping Vietnam and the Pillipines. One takes the offshore Islands, or at least harass them, and Vietnam serves as a forward base for US Aircraft and always is a threat for a small pressure invasion force into the South of China, lands they still talk about being part of their historical empire. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The B-21 program announced last month by itself is double what we've given them and there isn't a peep about that.  Can't imagine why.

• Hook 'Em 2