Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

14 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Can we put this motherfucker in a Russia military transport plane and do a low flyover Kyiv, say at noon tomorrow? 

Just needed to go back and point out these comments were roughly 72 hours after he had to be corrected on air by a television news host that no, the U.S. wasn't landing troops in Ukraine.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

14 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Can we put this motherfucker in a Russia military transport plane and do a low flyover Kyiv, say at noon tomorrow? 

YOU SHOULD SANCTION ME, SANCTION ME WITH YOUR ARMY.

OH, WAIT A MINUTE! YOU DON'T HAVE AN ARMY.

I GUESS THAT MEANS YOU NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

Just read Zelenskyy is asking for international volunteers to come fight for Ukraine.  I’m betting a lot of Americans will.

I saw that.  I would agree, but most who would blame this on Biden, because Tucker and the Goon said so.

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

So our brain dead, demented president has managed to, without firing 1 shot, or risking 1 American life, and with the extremely limited tools at his disposal to respond to a mad man hell bent on irrational destruction has managed to:

1.  Completely de-pant Putin by telegraphing with near complete accuracy every move Putin was going to make and having him deny it at every step.

2.  United nearly the entire world opinion against Putin, including a large number of his own citizens.

3.  Achieved near complete economic isolation of Russia and devalued their currency to penny stock status.

4.  Convinced Europe, and specifically Germany to move aggressively away from energy dependence on Russia.

5.  Revealed to the world’s countries that the notion of benign Russia or China is a fallacy and reemphasized the importance of the United States as the only reliable superpower.

6.  Somehow got the far right to again be the wrong side of an issue that no one should get wrong and further splintered the GOP

uh…Lets go Brandon??  

Thank you Joey 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Don’t dignify Johnny Sack’s existence by acknowledging his existence. Put him on ignore and forget about him. He’s worthless and life is too short to waste time on that sort of trash.

disagree,  sometimes people need to be ridiculed and called out for lies instead of just ignored.  the lies lingering in the air brought us the modern republican party.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, MC Fresh Breath said:

Am I crazy that this spooks me a bit?  Can totally see this madman launching out of spite.

They are using walkie talkies from the 80’s.  They don’t maintain their nuclear arsenal at all.  He would launch and it would crash into his palace on the Black Sea.  Time to take out the trash.  And the rooskies will do it themselves after a few more weeks of this.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Any chance the Pantsing of Putin reverberates in a good way back home?  There’s at least a faction within the GOP that was enamored with Putin and had been borrowing heavily from his domestic control playbook.  Could we see the GOP tell them to get fucked, or if they own too much of the GOP, for the American people to tell them to get fucked?

3 hours ago, lemonlime said:

I guess Ukrainian Lives don't Matter enough either to allow peaceful protests for them.  

2 hours ago, Shaddie said:

I guess Russia will block the site. However the idea is to float it out there so word gets around. 

I saw yesterday in a tweet that some of the captured Russians were being allowed phone calls home to their families to let them know they are safe and alive.

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I hope Zelenskyy has a Padme look-alike or something...

Wonder if they can send Borat?  Think Putin would notice?  Rudy didn't.

1 hour ago, Hammerin Hank said:

NSIAP

1E7D8927-F17B-4C3E-8A0F-47068FC4CC4A.jpeg

LivingBlueinTexas is a good website.  

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Any chance the Pantsing of Putin reverberates in a good way back home?  There’s at least a faction within the GOP that was enamored with Putin and had been borrowing heavily from his domestic control playbook.  Could we see the GOP tell them to get fucked, or if they own too much of the GOP, for the American people to tell them to get fucked?

I'm a blind optimist whose best years of critical thinking are behind him, so fuck yes!

Edited by The Original Greaser Bob
  • Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Nivek said:

disagree,  sometimes people need to be ridiculed and called out for lies instead of just ignored.  the lies lingering in the air brought us the modern republican party.  

That attitude is why this board is a great feeding ground for trolls. Years and years and years go by with people setting out a virtual all-you-can-eat buffet for the trolls thinking they’re making a difference by “calling them out” when all they’re actually doing is amplifying the trolls’ dumbassery. The effect you think you’re achieving isn’t happening. The opposite is. Ignore the trolls. That’s the only way to deal with them.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That attitude is why this board is a great feeding ground for trolls. Years and years and years go by with people setting out a virtual all-you-can-eat buffet for the trolls thinking they’re making a difference by “calling them out” when all they’re actually doing is amplifying the trolls’ dumbassery. The effect you think you’re achieving isn’t happening. The opposite is. Ignore the trolls. That’s the only way to deal with them.

This is so goddamn true, from a local yokel on this board up to trolls like Trump.  I understand that you have to keep your guard up when it comes to trolls with real influence, but any acknowledgment of their idiocy is simply amplifying the idiocy.  The country and each of us individually would all benefit if we stopped giving idiots our time, and a platform.

Putting them on ignore is a sign of a patriot.  Not putting them on ignore and not engaging with them is a sign of a well disciplined patriot.

11 hours ago, Chris Dishman's Donut said:

So Putin and the oligarchs would have seen the financial freeze coming from a mile off, right?  What do they do ahead of time to lessen the pain?

Built a 1.6 billion dollar dacha and stocked it with Twizzlers and other non-perishables.

Also, why don't we have a  foreign legion?  Maybe we could Americanize it by calling it the McDonalds-Amazon Foreign Legion or something.  Tell young people that the best Instagram spots are in Ukraine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So 70 odd years ago this country was caught up in a frenzy of fear of Russian meddling within our country, presumably because of the communist threat to overthrow democracy.   Lots of people lost their livelihoods and more because of this.   The theoretical basis of communism was equality across the bases, right?

Fast forward 50 years to the age that sees the beginning of Russian meddling in the form of money flowing through NRA and others, Maria Buttina, Steve Bannon, etc.  But it's not really communism they are peddling this time is it?  It's authoritarianism.    Which is not equality, it's quite the opposite.

Which side would McCarthy land on this time?  Why is there no outcry from the country to do the special hearings?  Because this time the Russians aren't pushing anything that approaches equality for all.  So the money isn't behind bringing down a movement (authoritarian) that keeps money and power in the hands of the few.   

I just can't help but think all these Republicans propping up Putin are doing so as a last ditch attempt to keep their skeletons in the closet and not allow anyone to investigate how deeply Putin has his claws into some of our elected officials.   And the second leg of this is the need to minimize Biden, because they know if he comes out of this with more credibility, the harder it will be to defeat Democrats, which eventually will lead to some investigations.  

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Bannon has this Ukraine situation all figured out. It’s … Greta Thunberg’s fault?

A 68 year old chaos influencer and traitor along with a 45 year old British Catholic theocracy proponent blaming a nineteen year old (who was 16 when she addressed the UN in the speech to which Harnwell refers.)

How very very.....alpha....lol.

Oh my God, could they get any lamer?

I will admit; were someone to harm Greta Thunberg, then once again, this reveals the miscalculating mindset that the fascist and authoritarian hubris enables. They tried to manufacture A. Babbitt into a martyr, but martyrs most often arise from the aggressors' hatred toward the powerless.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Built a 1.6 billion dollar dacha and stocked it with Twizzlers and other non-perishables.

Also, why don't we have a  foreign legion?  Maybe we could Americanize it by calling it the McDonalds-Amazon Foreign Legion or something.  Tell young people that the best Instagram spots are in Ukraine. 

I'd rather have a well funded Peace Corps that goes out to actually try to make the world better for folks, instead of another fighting force.  Humanitarian efforts.  Like the way the Ukrainians are treating the Russian prisoners.   

12 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I vote for Whataburger World Wide Foreign Legion or WAFFL for short.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

So 70 odd years ago this country was caught up in a frenzy of fear of Russian meddling within our country, presumably because of the communist threat to overthrow democracy.   Lots of people lost their livelihoods and more because of this.   The theoretical basis of communism was equality across the bases, right?

Fast forward 50 years to the age that sees the beginning of Russian meddling in the form of money flowing through NRA and others, Maria Buttina, Steve Bannon, etc.  But it's not really communism they are peddling this time is it?  It's authoritarianism.    Which is not equality, it's quite the opposite.

Which side would McCarthy land on this time?  Why is there no outcry from the country to do the special hearings?  Because this time the Russians aren't pushing anything that approaches equality for all.  So the money isn't behind bringing down a movement (authoritarian) that keeps money and power in the hands of the few.   

I just can't help but think all these Republicans propping up Putin are doing so as a last ditch attempt to keep their skeletons in the closet and not allow anyone to investigate how deeply Putin has his claws into some of our elected officials.   And the second leg of this is the need to minimize Biden, because they know if he comes out of this with more credibility, the harder it will be to defeat Democrats, which eventually will lead to some investigations.  

Good post here.

I was also thinking this morning that some of the oxygen has been sucked out of the convoy that is heading east for the President's address on Tuesday. We'll see how the next two days go. A little concerned and ledgey because their desperation may lead to risky dangerous behaviors and words.