Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

yes, a few. Turkish-made Bayraktars. That video of that dude talking to the Russian troops earlier in the thread mentioned them. I'll try to dig up the video. Might make more sense knowing that is what he talking about
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia-ukraine-latest-news-2022-02-26/card/ukraine-says-it-uses-turkish-made-drones-to-hit-russian-targets-DrigGO7vkGfDzbBuncnA

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-comparison-detail.php?country1=russia&country2=ukraine

Good info.  Thx. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There sure is a lot of finding out going on. 

I have have to believe that RU war gamed the hell out of this invasion (10s of thousands of iterations).  Were non-combat scenarios even considered? 

Anyhow, no, you can’t have YouTube bitch. Enjoy some more consequences 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-demands-google-restore-access-its-media-youtube-channels-ukraine-2022-02-27/

C9E9CC17-9E86-4FF0-876A-81E08676080A.jpeg

3 minutes ago, NAVY said:

There sure is a lot of finding out going on. 

I have have to believe that RU war gamed the hell out of this invasion (10s of thousands of iterations).  Were non-combat scenarios even considered? 

Anyhow, no, you can’t have YouTube bitch. Enjoy some more consequences 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-demands-google-restore-access-its-media-youtube-channels-ukraine-2022-02-27/

C9E9CC17-9E86-4FF0-876A-81E08676080A.jpeg

the next step is to strenuously demand.

2 hours ago, Left Coast said:

The Putin-as-Hitler video of this conflict is going to be epic

21bc3840b35a9ebb1ea7ea10af8d0ed9b0-09-do

It's coming.  Someone is writing the script right now.  

- The part where he tells everyone to leave the room except 3 generals, ("Just tell me about the Dallas game" or "Anyone who blames Ozil for this, leave the room now")

- The tirade ("We had homefield advantage!" or "That's right, Eli Manning, not even Peyton Manning?")

- The crying girl overhearing the yelling ("He can buy another jersey")

- The part at the end where Hitler is hunched over, looking at his shoes (I can't thing of a good one right now)

Edited by Bullneck
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NAVY said:

One would think that, but, what if Russia didn't do any game planning, combat or otherwise?  It certainly appears that way.

• Hook 'Em 1

what's probably the most stunning thing about this other than the invasion itself is the growing list of players Putin had to have assumed would side with him and simply aren't. They're not playing ball at all, further isolating him. I don't think there is any way this ends well for him. Good.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

One would think that, but, what if Russia didn't do any game planning, combat or otherwise?  It certainly appears that way.

Agree.  It's like not even bothering to watch game film because next week you're playing Kansas or something.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

More likely, the gaming included a tremendously inaccurate assumption(s) 

2 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

goddamn the fucking balls of these guys. I hope wannabe alpha men are watching this and realize they ain't shit

Ukrainian state defense company Ukroboronprom, which manages Antonov, on Sunday issued a statement saying the aircraft had been destroyed but would be rebuilt at Russia's expense -- a cost it put at $3 billion.

big cat el pres GIF by Barstool Sports

You let me know if you ever reach one of them. In all my years of ignoring trolls, I’ve never seen anyone quote a post that made me decide to stop ignoring them. Get Anastasis to admit that there was some shady stuff going on between Trump and the Russians and maybe I’ll reconsider. 

Its not for them, necessarily. Several have pantsed themselves and quit or returned with new names like the snowflakes they are.

But that old saying about about good men doing nothing…..
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

what's probably the most stunning thing about this other than the invasion itself is the growing list of players Putin had to have assumed would side with him and simply aren't. They're not playing ball at all, further isolating him. I don't think there is any way this ends well for him. Good.

Yeah.  Although this is also what scares me.  I don't think there's a way for him to get out of this with face saved, and he has nukes.  I can't think of any off ramp for Putin at this point, unless he's killed.

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Yeah.  Although this is also what scares me.  I don't think there's a way for him to get out of this with face saved, and he has nukes.  I can't think of any off ramp for Putin at this point, unless he's killed.

of course this is a concern, but  I'll go out on a limb and say that's not going to happen. I mean, I don't know the ins and outs of the Russian chain of command especially wrt nukes, but I don't think he actually pushes the button. That's important. But I also don't think he has the confidence of the military right now and this may give them the out they need to get him out of power. I think Putin fucked himself worse than that horse did Catherine the Great (allegedly)

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Weakness and ineptitude like pulling the U.S. out of the Open Skies Treaty? Shaking down the Ukrainian government for campaign dirt? Removing Ukrainian defense from the Republican Party platform?

That kind of weakness and ineptitude?

Not to mention making guys working for Russian interests your campaign manager and national security advisor. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

The US and EU should “lease” the Ukraine military a squad of drone fighter jets and include a “lease” of drone pilots and technical support as part of the package.  That lease should be for $1  

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

I’d like to hear from liberals, who unlike me, agree with the vanden Huevals of the world:

https://aninjusticemag.com/americas-putin-apologists-have-pawned-their-patriotism-by-glamorizing-dystopian-russia-632e034c215e

Unfortunately, there are many on the American radical right who see Putin as a role model. They admire his attacks on liberals and his opportunistic embrace of “family values.” These U.S. extremists want to impose their beliefs on others, undermine democracy, and silence the opposition. They aim to forbid free speech, such as Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” bill, which creates a gag order on discussing LGBTQ-related content in schools, or bills that forbid honest, historically accurate discussions of race in classrooms.

Predictably, the same traitors behind the January 6 U.S. Capitol Coup, are now cynically backing efforts to bolster Putin’s probable attack against Ukraine. Haaretz columnist David Rothkopf correctly identified Fox News host Tucker Carlson, Sen. Josh Hawley, and former impeached President Donald Trump as some of Putin’s biggest cheerleaders. Rothkopf nailed it when he said they are “Putin’s dream, but America’s worst nightmare.” He declared the seditionists “a repulsive and depraved trio” who are “active partners in Putin’s efforts to gaslight the West on Ukraine and to undermine the United States itself.”

Carlson, for his part, is weakening American resolve on the right for upholding democracies, by asking the foolish question, “Why is it disloyal to side with Russia but loyal to side with Ukraine?” Could one imagine a Republican asking that self-evident question even five years ago? To quote White House press secretary Jen Psaki, why are prominent GOP voices “parroting” Russian talking points?

To a significantly lesser degree, there are also those on the left who seem to romanticize Russia, apparently unable to see it for the totalitarian state it is today. The Nation magazine publisher Katrina vanden Huevel has long had rose-colored glasses on Russia. Her magazine has offered scenic travel tourswhere liberal readers can meet the “The Changing Faces of Russia.” The gaunt, haunted face of Russia that first comes to my mind is Alexander Litvinenko, a Russian dissent who died a miserable death from radiation poisoning in London after Putin’s agents poisoned him with Polonium-210.

Unsurprisingly, vanden Huevel is now serving as Putin’s apologist. She bizarrely wrote of his Ukraine adventurism, that his “goal is the status quo.” The 170,000 troops and the mechanized divisions that are menacing Ukraine’s border certainly don’t look like the status quo to anyone who isn’t towing the Kremlin’s party line. I know vanden Huevel is the publisher of The Nation, but I’m increasingly wondering which nation — the United States or Russia?

We need to be cold, clear-eyed realists about Putin and the perverse Russia that he has created in his revanchist former-KGB agent image. The strongman claims to represent virtues and values, but he commands a filthy rich kleptocracy of soul-selling vultures who are saturated in vice. Russia’s delusional claim of decency is betrayed by its decadence. The declarations of moral superiority belied by its amoral malignancy.

This is a failed country with tainted elections, cowardly invasions of weaker neighbors, the stifling of a free press, and the ruthless crushing of internal dissent. As contributing Washington Post columnist Frida Ghitis wrote, “Russia makes headlines for its kleptocracy, repression and mafia-style tactics…modern-day Russia may still inspire fear, but it generates very little in the way of respect.”

So who do you think has more influence, Tucker Carlson, Dotard, Josh Hawley or (checks notes) Katrina vanden Huevel?

Who the fuck is Katrina vanden Huevel?