Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

4 hours ago, Caponata said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/03/06/zelenskys-famous-quote-need-ammo-not-ride-not-easily-confirmed/

I get this stuff is good for morale but I'm not a fan of the "Ghost of Kiev" type stories that end up being myths. Seems like it can do more harm than good in the long run. Am I wrong on this? 

I think you are wrong.  Who gives a shit?  He's walking the walk.  

I posted a year or two ago about encountering QANON for the first time in the wild.  It was the below lady, who is now circulating Russian propaganda about fighting Nazis. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a94a4fb6ddd27c2dffa06f29d9156546.jpeg

First response was “weird that the Russians are bombing nuclear power plants half a country away then” and she immediately responds with stuff about how they couldn’t verify it was Russians and some conspiracy nonsense. 

56 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

You keep accusing me of Russian disinformation. My primary political interests are protecting our individual rights. How is this reflected? 

I don’t think those positions are pro-Russia. They’re more anti-globalist if anything. 

We need to be focused on China long term.

Anti-globalism is like a buggy manufacturer decrying the automobile.  The horse was out of the barn with the invention of the internet.   Also, as has been noted, several of your other positions are STRIKINGLY similar to Russian propaganda.  Weird.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Pro Bitcoin. I think people should be able to save in a form of money that is not debased and is not state controlled, that allows people to transact without needing approval. 

US Constitution: Article I, Section 8, Clause 5

[The Congress shall have Power . . . ] To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures…

47 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Does that look like it could have been written by Bannon, Stephen Miller, Tucker Carlson, or any number of other Trumper leaders? Yep. And There’s a reason it does. It’s the exact same movement, fed by and capitalizing on a years-long Russian disinformation campaign intended to fracture the US and make is a non-factor on the global stage.

While you try to water down your positions, the angles you have pursued with consistency and dedication, are identical to the goals Putin has with respect to the US and the West. Hyper-individualism to handicap any ability to function as a cohesive nation state, COVID misinformation, “fortress/island USA, cutting global ties,” end the war in Ukraine to hand Putin what he wants, etc. When someone is 100% aligned with the goals of a man and movement that wants to see this country collapse, that tells us all we need to know.

You’re a straight up fucking lying POS. Never said anything like that.

Also never commented on Brexit like you said in DT. I didn’t follow Brexit back then. It was a total shock remember? I don’t even think I was active on shag at that point. 

I think a lot of our differences come down to my skepticism towards some of our institutions and therefore focus on the freedoms of individuals. I think the skepticism is well deserved. You think it’s because of propaganda. I’ll just say when you have internal issues it’s much easier to blame an outside party.

Sadly we’re making all the classic mistakes that an overextended late empire does. If anyone points that out, they’re anti America or some other stupid shit. It’s juvenile thinking. 

Edited by Immaculate Vibes
  • Fuck You 5

27 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

You’re a straight up fucking lying POS. Never said anything like that.

Also never commented on Brexit like you said in DT. I didn’t follow Brexit back then. It was a total shock remember? I don’t even think I was active on shag at that point. 

I think a lot of our differences come down to my skepticism towards some of our institutions and therefore focus on the freedoms of individuals. I think the skepticism is well deserved. You think it’s because of propaganda. I’ll just say when you have internal issues it’s much easier to blame an outside party.

Sadly we’re making all the classic mistakes that an overextended late empire does. If anyone points that out, they’re anti America or some other stupid shit. It’s juvenile thinking. 

neat things to know.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Russia don't give a shit about agreements. 

ussia don't give a shit about agreements. 

In 1994, the Ukrainian government signed a memorandum that brought its country into the global Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty while formally relinquishing its status as a nuclear state. The text of that agreement stated that in exchange for the step, the “Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine

reposted in plaintext

please people, fucking learn how to paste plain text

EVERYTHING you post - click "Post as Plain Text" - it's right there lower left near the paperclip

+++++++

russia don't give a shit about agreements. 

In 1994, the Ukrainian government signed a memorandum that brought its country into the global Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty while formally relinquishing its status as a nuclear state. The text of that agreement stated that in exchange for the step, the “Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

The Russian economy was already a joke, and it's now been thoroughly mudholed. I don't know how Putin could still believe that installing a puppet in Ukraine, or even annexing it, is worth sending Russia back to the second or third world. There's just no way this works out for him at this point. 

Point of order.   "Second world" was always USSR and since its dissolution, continues to include most of its former major constituencies.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jester said:

Show your work on this.  Cause I gotta tell ya. Smells like bullshit.

It really does to you? Interesting. 

The rise and fall of empires since the creation of credit and modern day banking has followed pretty predictable cycles. Ray Dalio has written a good bit about it. 

Basically after countries have been on top for a while they become complacent and lose their edge in social cohesion, innovation and education amongst over things that helped their rise to the top.

Over time it becomes more expensive to maintain their empire and lifestyle so they become heavily indebted and eventually print money when crises hit. This weakens the currency and causes a gradual hollowing out of the economy as capital moves to better returns on investment. Which weaken it more in a cycle. 

At home as more debt accumulates and the cycle matures, more financial  inequality is seen which leads to internal disorder and political extremism on both sides. Productivity gains slow and eventually people begin fighting over a smaller pie. Education and infrastructure are hollowed out. When problems get bad enough internally, they often look externally for conflict.

A large part of the debt comes from supporting military adventurism abroad which is seen as necessary to protect the empire. Then as rising competitors see weakness in the declining power they test it through their actions which further weakens the declining power. 

Tl;Dr We are a decadent society that has overspent, is now printing money, and funding large military adventures while neglecting maintenance of the advantages at home that helped us rise to the top. 

1 hour ago, SizzleChest said:

neat things to know.jpg

What does Randy Beamer have to do with this?

Edited by Immaculate Vibes
  • Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Putin and Trump had a plan. It started with Trump pulling the 2016 plank from the GOP party platform that supported Ukraine’s military defense against Russia. Putin would then try to help facilitate Trump’s re-election, and in return, Trump would abandon NATO. When the American people had other ideas, both were left desperate and scrambling. NATO is now stronger than ever and Putin has gone off the deep end. Trump has been there for some time.

It was a perfect phone call. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 3/6/2022 at 11:19 AM, workswithseed said:

The Truckers got censored. I know it's hard to believe, since you liked what the government was doing, but closing people's bank accounts without a court order is that.

Well, yes and no.  Canada, like most countries, has no First Amendment.  It has notions of free speech, for sure, but hardly as broad as the First Amendment.  Almost no country has speech protections as broad as the First Amendment.  For example, most countries don't have "prior restraint," Donny, nor do they extend protection to most non-verbal expression, or at least as far as we do.  Further, most countries tolerate more government interference with speech than we do, short of actual criminal prosecution or civil liability to the government.

So, if the "truckers" were engaged in protected speech/expression, and had not crossed the line into non-protected actions (rioting, lawlessness, obstruction of roadways/DWI), then in the First Amendment sense, that is being "censored" by having their bank accounts frozen (not seized, there's a big difference).

But "censorship" is a concept that predates the First Amendment and is in some respects broader (encompasses censorship by private parties, which the First Amendment doesn't touch) and narrower, as in only applies to verbal or written speech as opposed to "expression."

Only by analyzing "censorship" under the breadth of the First Amendment, which is mostly unique to the US, could anyone say what happened to the "truckers" is censorship.

Rooskies digging into people's private conversations, and throwing them in prison for protesting is a whole nother thing entirely and protected by the free speech laws of civilized countries, including Canada and the other "commonwealth" countries, who are uniformly quite a bit less generous with it than we are.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

To be fair, that was a long time ago, before Putin showed his true colors.  He had only been President for a couple of years at that point. Most of the world was lulled by post-Soviet Russia.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

This is what sets you apart.  The fact that you can find all these things wrong with our decadent country, but then can in no way give anyone who isn't a "conservative" any credit for anything.   There is no bipartisanship ever in what you espouse.    This whole thing makes no sense.  It's like you fully believe that Biden and his admin aren't working furiously to contain the rise in fuel prices.  They aren't fucking Abbott paying back all his big O&G contributors.   And how in the world would us curbing rising fuel costs kneecap putin?   Over 600,000 barrels?  

Yeah, you are here mainly to show how shitty the US is and how it's too late to recover.  That's you whole game plan.  That's a troll.

Going to shit on Biden either way, while continuing to flip for the switch for every con Republican and lamenting the demise of America.  It's everything that's wrong--investigate one side for believed crimes while ignoring the other parties crime's in the open.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

It really does to you? Interesting. 

The rise and fall of empires since the creation of credit and modern day banking has followed pretty predictable cycles. Ray Dalio has written a good bit about it. 

Basically after countries have been on top for a while they become complacent and lose their edge in social cohesion, innovation and education amongst over things that helped their rise to the top.

Over time it becomes more expensive to maintain their empire and lifestyle so they become heavily indebted and eventually print money when crises hit. This weakens the currency and causes a gradual hollowing out of the economy as capital moves to better returns on investment. Which weaken it more in a cycle. 

At home as more debt accumulates and the cycle matures, more financial  inequality is seen which leads to internal disorder and political extremism on both sides. Productivity gains slow and eventually people begin fighting over a smaller pie. Education and infrastructure are hollowed out. When problems get bad enough internally, they often look externally for conflict.

A large part of the debt comes from supporting military adventurism abroad which is seen as necessary to protect the empire. Then as rising competitors see weakness in the declining power they test it through their actions which further weakens the declining power. 

Tl;Dr We are a decadent society that has overspent, is now printing money, and funding large military adventures while neglecting maintenance of the advantages at home that helped us rise to the top. 

What does Randy Beamer have to do with this?

Getting your Grand Theory of History from a hedge fund manager is stupider than getting making a historian a hedge fund manager.

The difference being that modern Americans labor under the delusion that making money makes you good at other things and that Zero Hedge readers are more credulous than subscribers to The Journal of Dutch Chartered Company History. 

The way some people treat investors is no different in practice than how tribes treat shamans. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Fuck, I don’t know y’all. I was pretty sure Russian disinformation and election interference was a big hoax.  And fuck big tech for censoring my right to tell people vaccines are deadly! Free speech! 

But now that some Ukrainians made up a fighter pilot to inspire their nation as it is being invaded, I’m gonna have to rethink my stance, it turns out propaganda is contemptible! 

You're a fucking idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Pods said:

You need to be focused on the collapsing ruble and whether your handlers are going to keep paying you. 

This is my favorite reply to this paid shill.  Whether he is in the mall with his portable skeleton adjusting people’s backs or posting zero hedge “articles” he is consistently parroting the worst disinformation.  It’s good to read the enemy’s mail and for that I thank him.  He’s the only one of the trolls I don’t have on ignore because he posts the straight uncut bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

This is what sets you apart.  The fact that you can find all these things wrong with our decadent country, but then can in no way give anyone who isn't a "conservative" any credit for anything.   There is no bipartisanship ever in what you espouse.    This whole thing makes no sense.  It's like you fully believe that Biden and his admin aren't working furiously to contain the rise in fuel prices.  They aren't fucking Abbott paying back all his big O&G contributors.   And how in the world would us curbing rising fuel costs kneecap putin?   Over 600,000 barrels?  

Yeah, you are here mainly to show how shitty the US is and how it's too late to recover.  That's you whole game plan.  That's a troll.

I blame Republicans for a lot of our current state. The war on terror and specifically GWB’s invasion of Iraq was a catastrophic error in our history and Republicans love to spend as much as Democrats. I’ve always been pretty clear on that. 

I’m sure Biden administration is trying to figure out how to control gas prices, but whatever they do will have limited effect. 

Lower oil prices hurt Putin. Not sure why you’re debating that. 

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Getting your Grand Theory of History from a hedge fund manager is stupider than getting making a historian a hedge fund manager.

The difference being that modern Americans labor under the delusion that making money makes you good at other things and that Zero Hedge readers are more credulous than subscribers to The Journal of Dutch Chartered Company History. 

The way some people treat investors is no different in practice than how tribes treat shamans. 

He’s far from the only person to acknowledge the cyclical nature of history. Given his line of work, he focuses a lot on the debt/financing side of things which makes sense. I will admit I’m partial to that. 

1 hour ago, Hefeweizen said:

This is my favorite reply to this paid shill.  Whether he is in the mall with his portable skeleton adjusting people’s backs or posting zero hedge “articles” he is consistently parroting the worst disinformation.  It’s good to read the enemy’s mail and for that I thank him.  He’s the only one of the trolls I don’t have on ignore because he posts the straight uncut bullshit.

I don’t post zero hedge articles. 

• Fuck You 1

I truly believe you don't like a lot of what the establishment wing of the Republican Party did to get us here.  

And I think you're probably a super nice guy in real life and we'd have a good time knocking back beers and shooting the shit.

But I also have a slight suspicion you don't appreciate what Trump did to enable all of this.  And that's okay.  History is for forward-thinkers only. 

2 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

11 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I don’t post zero hedge articles. 

Glad we got both of those accusations cleared up.

Edited by TexArcher