Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

It amazes me how both sides stand behind their guy no matter what….  Neither Trump or Biden were great or even good choices but neither side will admit it.  This all or nothing attitude we have gotten to is kinda ridiculous. Yes a president should act like an adult and they should also be able to give a good speech and read a teleprompter, it’s kind of a big part of the job….  Our standard are just way too low right now on both sides.  

Who’s equivalent foreign policy experience would have served us better than Biden’s at this moment in time when you have the former Sec’y of State, Pompeo, getting moist at the mention of Putin?

7 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I’m waiting for the lurkers to parrot Putin’s talking point about his honorable intention of ridding Ukraine of Nazi control. You have to be simple beyond measure to believe that.

i've seen tweets similar.  people will say how laughable it is, then the responsive tweet will be a pic of ukrainian with nazi gear saying 'well then explain this.'

6 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Trump was asked by his physician to take a cognitive function test. And he is too stupid/cognitively impaired to know that’s not something you brag about.

That’s not a test one routinely takes. It’s a test administered when family members get concerned and ask for it. Or if the impairment has progressed to the point the doc picks up on it in the course of a routine exam. Not good either way

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Guess who will be a few months shy of 80 at this point of a potential second (non-consecutive) presidency?

See above post.  I don’t get what any of what I said has to do with Trump responses?  We need new faces on both sides. If Trump runs again vs Biden we are screwed because right now he would probably win. 

35 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

seems the bulk of Ukranian hardware is Russian made, right? Is that an advantage or disadvantage to the Ukres?

and with the trash that is Russian hardware, I'm 100% positive the US army would make quick work of the Russian military. 

Lotsa arms dealers. The drones I posted earlier are Turkish. Helluva lot cheaper than a tank.

19 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

What's amazing is how effective the right wing media is.  They pulled out a 1-1 record in the last two presidential elections, both nailbiters, when the candidate was so laughably bad that it was like some high school team joining the nfl.  if they were propping up, say, a goldwater quality candidate, he'd win 40 states.

I watched Fox earlier today to see what they were saying.   The abject jingoism and rah-rah was weird considering that 12-24 hours ago, they were so anti-war.

10 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I’m waiting for the lurkers to parrot Putin’s talking point about his honorable intention of ridding Ukraine of Nazi control. You have to be simple beyond measure to believe that.

How are they going to square their admiration for Putin with his being in Antifa?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

I think most of us that voted for Joe will readily admit he wouldn't be our first choice.  Not sure where you've seen otherwise.

The guy that keeps talking about how intelligent he is on the last page and others making excuses for him..  

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

See above post.  I don’t get what any of what I said has to do with Trump responses?  We need new faces on both sides. If Trump runs again vs Biden we are screwed because right now he would probably win. 

One is objectively much worse than the other. It’s not even close

thinking, reasoning, speaking, and gross and fine motor control all present challenges to Trump, not Biden. It’s pure projection to put any of that shit on Biden. If you’re not trying to do so I apologize. 

eta you’re never going to get better than Trump on the GOP side. He is the GOP

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

49 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

He reads on the level of a sixth grader….  I question the intelligence part.  Next election we have to do better than Trump or Biden hopefully, these parties need to get their shit together.  

I mean the dude has a speech disorder, if you wanna shit on him for that.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

You should also look at who a President surrounds himself with.  That is where Biden is way better than Trump and the Kushners of the world.

You mean an advisory group that looks like this was a bad idea?

160504160857-03-donald-trump-0504-exlarg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 3

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

One is objectively much worse than the other. It’s not even close

thinking, reasoning, speaking, and gross and fine motor control all present challenges to Trump, not Biden. It’s pure projection to put any of that shit on Biden. If you’re not trying to do so I apologize. 

Why do we have to compare them, can we not just say both are not the best choices?  Just cause one is better than the other doesn’t make the other great.  Also come on man speech and motor skills not a challenge for Biden?  Now you’re just fucking with me right?  Our standards are very low on both sides right now evidently. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

Why do we have to compare them, can we not just say both are not the best choices?  Just cause one is better than the other doesn’t make the other great.  Also come on man speech and motor skills not a challenge for Biden?  Now you’re just fucking with me right?  

Who gives a fuck about his stutter? Again this is disingenuous bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, texastough said:

I think that guy is a russian troll, someone referenced his old user name who was a CR troll, call out the bullshit but otherwise don't engage

Yeah I'm a Russian spy

Only the road not the dam NATO

1645725160373-pol.jpg

• Fuck You 8

Why do we have to compare them, can we not just say both are not the best choices?  Just cause one is better than the other doesn’t make the other great.  Also come on man speech and motor skills not a challenge for Biden?  Now you’re just fucking with me right?  

One might not be the best choice, but is competent to hold the office. The other is a self absorbed narcissist who was a danger to the country and world every day he held office. But that's just my opinion. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

No we can’t. Trump is the worst choice in our history and it’s not close. I would take Romney over Biden but that wasn’t an option. Trump is the GOP.

as far a Biden’s motor skills; he does have a speech impediment but he was born that way. He negotiates ramps and drinking apparatus without difficulty. Can’t say the same for trump, and other than bone spurs he has never been known to have physical ailments. He is in progressive neurological decline

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

It amazes me how both sides stand behind their guy no matter what….  Neither Trump or Biden were great or even good choices but neither side will admit it.  This all or nothing attitude we have gotten to is kinda ridiculous. Yes a president should act like an adult and they should also be able to give a good speech and read a teleprompter, it’s kind of a big part of the job….  Our standard are just way too low right now on both sides.  

It amazes me actual adults still operate on a binary good/bad false dichotomy and the obvious parlay to the passive aggressive false equivalence. One choice (whom I voted against in the primaries) has been very open with his verbal shortcomings. One is literally covfefe-level incoherent and pretends he isn't. 

So both equally bad. 

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, LTbear said:

It's really amazing how people are unable to see they've been brainwashed into a cult, defending their leader with all the cognitive dissonance a human can muster. What makes it really unbelievable, however, is that in this case their leader is so obviously an absolute fucking moron, yet his tribe obediently says "yes orange daddy" and marches on. 

I watched a clip on Youtube about the DRC and the Profit, who sells 'juice' to the poor and instructs them to buy and drink it instead of seeing an actual doctor.  He will even consult with you but funny, the cure is always the juice.  It cures aids, strokes, brings stillborn back from the dead, and the poor buy it hook line and sinker.   It is lemon juice and gasoline mixed together according to the person who filmed it.   Uneducated and hopeless are easily manipulated part N^nth time.   

10 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Why do we have to compare them, can we not just say both are not the best choices?  Just cause one is better than the other doesn’t make the other great.  Also come on man speech and motor skills not a challenge for Biden?  Now you’re just fucking with me right?  Our standards are very low on both sides right now evidently. 

So you created a situation in your head that does not reflect reality and then argue against it while trying to present yourself as a reasonable every-man, down-to-earth, dunkin donuts coffee drinker instead of those pretensious fuckfaces who vote non-republican.   

Just now, Hook1997 said:

Great response, can always count on intelligent banter in CR, well from some. Not so much you. 

It's frankly the only response necessary. You bothsider folks are fucking idiots who are just as complicit in the destruction of democracy because you put the worst, most bad faith actors who support narcissistic authoritarians on the same footing as those who oppose them and thereby give value to the insane fucknut positions that deserve nothing but scorn, derision, and ridicule. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

He can't. None of that is in good faith. 

There’s no bad faith in it either.  I mean is it not ok to think a president should be able to give a good speech and speak clearly?  I’m not making fun of him, I just think we can do much better then what we have been given to choose from the last few years.  

• Fuck You 2

Just now, Hook1997 said:

There’s no bad faith in it either.  I mean is it not ok to think a president should be able to give a good speech and speak clearly?  I’m not making fun of him, I just think we can do much better then what we have been given to choose from the last few years.  

You're a dumb child. That's an honest and objective response to your deflecting bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And, if you are going to criticize Biden in good faith, do it on something other than his stutter.

Meanwhile, Trump had to lean on a podium to hold himself upright and could barely navigate a ramp or hold a glass of water, but if anyone mentioned cognitive decline, all the Fox News parrots wanted to talk about was Hunter Biden and Hillary Clinton.

But now a slight stutter means Biden has Reagan-level dementia, which is only a big deal when Biden might have it, not when Reagan definitely had it, see?

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Is there some particular reason you've repeatedly ignored the fact, pointed out to you multiple times, that Biden has a decades-long and extremely well-known speech impediment? Is there actually any reason you didn't know this beforehand, if you follow American politics in even the most casual sense?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Your snowflake feelings are still hurt because you supported Trump and he made you look like the fool you are.

Grow up and stop being a little bitch.

• Hook 'Em 1

We did, Hillary was the correct choice as was Bernie.   But some of you fucks picked the literal dumbest, laziest, most corrupt and unqualified conman fuckhead of person you could find, and I was happy to vote against that clown and every member of your party that is complicit in supporting that treasonous fuck or joined their treasonous coup.    

But both sides. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

Your snowflake feelings are still hurt because you supported Trump and he made you look like the fool you are.

I do think that has a lot to do with it.  If Trump wasn't such an embarrassment, they wouldn't feel the need to attack Biden as much.  A sunk cost sort of thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Once again never supported Trump, hated him from the start.  Why are you so angry someone does like either and isn’t a blind party follower no matter what?

Edited by Hook1997
  • Fuck You 2