Alabama @ Texas Series Thread

TrashMaster G

Alabama (5-0) @ #1 Texas (5-0)

Friday (4:30pm) - Pete Hansen (LHP, 1-0, 0.00) vs Garret McMilan (RHP, 0-0, 6.00)

Saturday (1:30pm) -  Tristan Stevens (RHP, 1-0, 0.00) vs Antoine Jean (LHP, 0-0, 4.50)

Sunday (1:00pm) - Tanner Witt (RHP, 1-0, 1.80) vs Grayson Hitt (LHP, 1-0, 0.00)

Our last meeting with Alabama was in the 1983 CWS, with the NC on the line. You only have to look to the back of the bullpen in left field to know how that turned out.

Alabama's last visit to Austin was almost 100 years ago, April 1922.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Friday (4:30pm) - Pete Hansen (LHP, 1-0, 0.00) vs Garret McMilan (RHP, 0-0, 6.00)
Saturday (1:30pm) -  Tristan Stevens (RHP, 1-0, 0.00) vs Antoine Jean (LHP, 0-0, 4.50)
Our last meeting with Alabama was in the 1983 CWS, with the NC on the line. You only have to look to the back of the bullpen in left field to know how that turned out.
Alabama's last visit to Austin was almost 100 years ago, April 1922.

1983? That’s crazy. As is the last visit especially. Where do you find this crap op?

37 minutes ago, RC Horn said:

I remember that game. Alabama had a human hitting machine in Dave Magadan who hit over .500 in the CWS. Somehow, our pitching that year slowed him down.

Yeah he and Craig Shipley were the big stars for Alabama that year. Both got their hits in that game IIRC.

19 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Looking at the box score for them against Xavier, McMillan went 6 innings giving up 4 runs with 2 walks and 5 K's

Jean only lasted 2 innings walking 4.

Hitt tossed 4 shutout innings.

29 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looking at the box score for them against Xavier, McMillan went 6 innings giving up 4 runs with 2 walks and 5 K's

Jean only lasted 2 innings walking 4.

Hitt tossed 4 shutout innings.

Decent results for the first starts of the season.  Not sure how good Xavier is/isn't.

2 hours ago, RC Horn said:

I remember that game. Alabama had a human hitting machine in Dave Magadan who hit over .500 in the CWS. Somehow, our pitching that year slowed him down.

My senior year at UT. I was in the stands. Didn't make the entire CWS that year, but drove up for that game. One of the best in-person sports experiences. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Decent results for the first starts of the season.  Not sure how good Xavier is/isn't.

They went 28-26 and finished 4th in the Big East last year. So probably not very good. This made me laugh though. To open the 2021 season……in College Station…. 

1D51A3A4-29F2-450F-968D-8F4B63FCE7EF.png

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Our shitty 2019 team swept Xavier. Just saying.

They’re 0-5 but they’ve played bama and a game each against Louisville and Oregon state. But yeah they’re probably a .500ish team. 

Loving our sec heavy out of conference schedule. Give these fuckwads a small taste of what’s coming 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Hey fyi Penn is beating aggy 2-1 in the 8th. 

Don’t care, Got Schloss!!!! 

Fucking losers. The baseball series is the only one I’m excited about getting back with those fuckwads. Sweeping them yearly was fucking glorious