Alabama @ Texas Series Thread

TrashMaster G

22 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

How good is Stehly?  Guy looks like a fucking stud

He’s a fucking stud. But we can’t bench Faltine or Daly for him. Messinger seems to have 3rd locked down. Kennedy will be starting in left all the time, I think even against lefties assuming he stays as hot as he’s been since the regionals. Guess Campbell, Stehly, Todd and every now and then Kash will rotate at DH and RF

Fucking nuts. Campbell, Stehlty, Todd and Kash would be starters on damn near every single one of our teams from like 2012-2019. Jake McKenzie was a starting first baseman for a CWS team. Michael Cantu and Michael McCann got significant innings. Ryan Reynolds was alright but he would be a backup on the last 2 rosters. Shit I think Lance Ford even started at one point. So refreshing not needing Kody or Kacy or Payton to go 3-4 every game  

8 minutes ago, troph said:

What’s our team ERA now? I mean it’s too high obviously but anyone know it?

Unfortunately, that one run jacked it up. Fortunately, the math is easy, 4 earned runs, 8 games (no extra innings), so .5.

Unacceptable. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Great series for the pitching.  

Still some question marks, with stiff competition coming up soon, but nice to sweep February.

Crazy to see next 22 games: only 6 at home, 16 on the road.  

2 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

According to stats on team site we had 3 er on the season now we have 4 through 72 innings pitched. 4 runs divided by innings pitched right? It is .055

ERA is a per 9 inning metric, rather than a per inning metric (which I know you know). So you have to multiply that number by 9.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bama has a really good shortstop.  He was fun to watch.  Overall a solid team so the sweep was great, even if it was (according to some) unimpressive, or not SEC-good, or whatever.  

With all the road games, March should spell out pretty clearly what, if anything, we need to work on for the postseason.  

1 hour ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

3B tagged him then threw to 1B to get the hitter.

1 hour ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

We've had 2 unlucky hits that were right near the runner this game. 

1 hour ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Ground ball down the line, 3B tags Stehly out, 5-3 putout.

Thank you kindly. 

1 hour ago, AugieBall said:

Bama has a really good shortstop.  He was fun to watch.  Overall a solid team so the sweep was great, even if it was (according to some) unimpressive, or not SEC-good, or whatever.  

With all the road games, March should spell out pretty clearly what, if anything, we need to work on for the postseason.  

With the road games, we are going to have to get accustomed to batting in the 9th inning. 

As for what we need to work on for the postseason, I think at this point it's just practicing our dog-piling.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, BERT said:

If you’re not logged in with a provider you can’t watch anything just on ESPN+. And this game was on LHN so that’s not part of ESPN+
it’s dumb 

I’m 99% positive that LHN doesn’t come with ESPN+ but would be available on the ESPN app if you get LHN through your cable provider. I don’t get it but pay for ESPN plus and have YouTube Tv (no LHN). 

Stehly has started out so much better than Campbell that it feels like he’s winning an everyday dh job.

I wouldn’t mind them rotating at dh with one occasionally getting a spot start at third and the other in the outfield, to keep everyone sharp- but pierce doesn’t seem to like to manipulate the lineup very much.  Corpus would have been a good time for that and he didn’t do it. 

I wonder if there’s some “if you want to play pro ball you have to be able to play every day” to it. 

18 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Stehly or Campbell at dh? They’re both bad mother fuckers so good problem to have

I would probably rather have Stehly there, he looks more consistent so far. And the good thing with Campbell is he can always pinch run late in games if we need a run

1 minute ago, OB3 said:

I would probably rather have Stehly there, he looks more consistent so far. And the good thing with Campbell is he can always pinch run late in games if we need a run

Yeah it’s really close. I honestly don’t care either way. Stehly has been hotter to start the year but I think they’d both put up pretty similar numbers over the course of the year. Gonna be fun to watch play out 

36 minutes ago, jinx said:

I’m 99% positive that LHN doesn’t come with ESPN+ but would be available on the ESPN app if you get LHN through your cable provider. I don’t get it but pay for ESPN plus and have YouTube Tv (no LHN). 

Exactly. That’s what I said 

5 hours ago, Fletch said:

He’s a fucking stud. But we can’t bench Faltine or Daly for him. Messinger seems to have 3rd locked down. Kennedy will be starting in left all the time, I think even against lefties assuming he stays as hot as he’s been since the regionals. Guess Campbell, Stehly, Todd and every now and then Kash will rotate at DH and RF

Fucking nuts. Campbell, Stehlty, Todd and Kash would be starters on damn near every single one of our teams from like 2012-2019. Jake McKenzie was a starting first baseman for a CWS team. Michael Cantu and Michael McCann got significant innings. Ryan Reynolds was alright but he would be a backup on the last 2 rosters. Shit I think Lance Ford even started at one point. So refreshing not needing Kody or Kacy or Payton to go 3-4 every game  

Campbell?  Meh, he is the weakest of the current group platooning, imo

1 hour ago, BERT said:

Exactly. That’s what I said 

It’s been a debate and I’ve been part of it. I am 99% sure that the only way to get LHN is through cable. I haven’t been able to watch even though I pay for ESPN+ since I don’t get it through cable. I’ve asked the question and no one seemed to have a definitive answer, but I think it is certain that ESPN+ doesn’t give you LHN.  It frankly pisses me off. I would pay $5 or whatever to sign up for it like ESPN+, or HBO or  HULU. But instead my only option is to pay $150 a month for some shitty cable service that I won’t watch just to have LHN.

I’m ready for LHN to be history. 

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

what the fuck is happening

In baseball, you typically expect that you'll win 1/3d of your games, lose 1/3d of your games, and the difference between 1st and last place is the middle third...

does this team not understand how to lose

Sometimes it’s good for the kids to lose. - Mack Brown

• Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, jinx said:

It’s been a debate and I’ve been part of it. I am 99% sure that the only way to get LHN is through cable. I haven’t been able to watch even though I pay for ESPN+ since I don’t get it through cable. I’ve asked the question and no one seemed to have a definitive answer, but I think it is certain that ESPN+ doesn’t give you LHN.  It frankly pisses me off. I would pay $5 or whatever to sign up for it like ESPN+, or HBO or  HULU. But instead my only option is to pay $150 a month for some shitty cable service that I won’t watch just to have LHN.

I’m ready for LHN to be history. 

Doesn't Sling have LHN?

7 hours ago, troph said:

Damn that was close. Almost warmed me up in the stands with one swing. Holy crap I forgot how cold it is here. Nice day, frigid at the disch. And I grew up going to feb and March games, was even prepared for it I thought.  

🧣 Scarf is a game changer. 🤘🏼

7 hours ago, RamjetFDO said:

#DDA in full voice behind the plate

At the Rice series, #DDA was wearing a shirt with a picture of Joseph McCarthy, during the hearings, with the words, “The good old days.”.

• Hook 'Em 1