Alabama @ Texas Series Thread

TrashMaster G

3 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

So does DirecTV Stream, but they don't advertise it on their website.  Also, you'll pay more for it than Sling.  I choose DirecTV Stream because I wanted local channels and Sling does offer those.

Antenna and air sling and locals integrate into your sling guide and become accessible then from anywhere.

1 hour ago, jinx said:

It’s been a debate and I’ve been part of it. I am 99% sure that the only way to get LHN is through cable. I haven’t been able to watch even though I pay for ESPN+ since I don’t get it through cable. I’ve asked the question and no one seemed to have a definitive answer, but I think it is certain that ESPN+ doesn’t give you LHN.  It frankly pisses me off. I would pay $5 or whatever to sign up for it like ESPN+, or HBO or  HULU. But instead my only option is to pay $150 a month for some shitty cable service that I won’t watch just to have LHN.

I’m ready for LHN to be history. 

1 hour ago, Realorange said:

I get LHN on ESPN+. Go to plus and click on streaming, type in Texas in the search box and all of the Texas games will come up. You can cast to your TV or watch on your phone. Hope that helps 

You must have a cable service that includes LHN. ESPN+ definitely does not include LHN. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Realorange said:

I get LHN on ESPN+. Go to plus and click on streaming, type in Texas in the search box and all of the Texas games will come up. You can cast to your TV or watch on your phone. Hope that helps 

Come on, newb!

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yep. Which is just of about 11 insane things about ESPN, + and the longhorn network. 

It's great that you get it on ESPN+ if you already have another way to watch it.  <rage emoticon> Yep, I think I'll just flip over to ESPN+ to watch this, where I can't record and don't have a DVR!

13 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Come on, newb!

It's great that you get it on ESPN+ if you already have another way to watch it.  <rage emoticon> Yep, I think I'll just flip over to ESPN+ to watch this, where I can't record and don't have a DVR!

I think you misread me. I'm saying that how they deal with LHN and + is stupid.  

11 hours ago, jinx said:

It’s been a debate and I’ve been part of it. I am 99% sure that the only way to get LHN is through cable. I haven’t been able to watch even though I pay for ESPN+ since I don’t get it through cable. I’ve asked the question and no one seemed to have a definitive answer, but I think it is certain that ESPN+ doesn’t give you LHN.  It frankly pisses me off. I would pay $5 or whatever to sign up for it like ESPN+, or HBO or  HULU. But instead my only option is to pay $150 a month for some shitty cable service that I won’t watch just to have LHN.

I’m ready for LHN to be history. 

I have LHN, so watching it on ESPN+ works for me. 

But, on SECRant somebody on there said "You need to do a search in the ESPN+ app to find the game, then choose the ESPN3 feed, not the LHN feed (the ESPN3 feed is identical to the LHN feed)."

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I'm saying that it's stupid that you only get LHN with ESPN+ if you already get LHN some other way.

Agreed. As I said- you seem like you are arguing with me when I'm pretty sure we are in agreement.  their distribution on LHN is dumb.  How they use LHN is dumb.  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I'm saying that it's stupid that you only get LHN with ESPN+ if you already get LHN some other way.

SEC Network works the same way.  Why are we still arguing about this shit?  ESPN+ isn't some special way for people to get around paying for a TV service (traditional or streaming cable). It's extra content that wouldn't be aired otherwise. 

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

SEC Network works the same way.  Why are we still arguing about this shit?  ESPN+ isn't some special way for people to get around paying for a TV service (traditional or streaming cable). It's extra content that wouldn't be aired otherwise. 

At least SECN is offered by various streaming services. Good luck finding LHN on any streaming service, other than perhaps Fubo or Vidgo. This shit needs to end. Getting rid of the LHN and merging with the SECN is probably the only thing that gets me excited about joining the SEC.

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

At least SECN is offered by various streaming services. Good luck finding LHN on any streaming service, other than perhaps Fubo or Vidgo. This shit needs to end. Getting rid of the LHN and merging with the SECN is probably the only thing that gets me excited about joining the SEC.

Would you like to bet that there will be less longhorn baseball games online if they get rid of LHN?  All the LSU home games are on SEC+ network so maybe....

be fucking careful what you wish for.

Edited by petscii
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

As has been said here already, it’s on the sling sports package and DIRECTV stream.  That’s two big ones if you want it. 

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

As has been said here already, it’s on the sling sports package and DIRECTV stream.  That’s two big ones if you want it. 

I think Sling moved LHN to their sports extra package and I hate anything AT&T offers including Directv. 

FYI, If you are technically savvy, you can get any sports events, movies and TV shows from around the world for free on Kodi. 😄

Edited by UTEE97

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So I can pay $200 a month for TV I don’t watch to have LHN?

I could also just fly to Austin for the weekend and see the games in person. 

9 minutes ago, jinx said:

So I can pay $200 a month for TV I don’t watch to have LHN?

I could also just fly to Austin for the weekend and see the games in person. 

Sling is $35 + $11 for the sports package, but if you want to pay me $150 per month, I’ll get you a way better deal on LHN than you’re apparently capable of getting yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Watching Witt grow as a starting pitcher is going to be awesome. It is insane that he is our day 3.  Also, insane, he has given up half our earned runs for the season with an ERA of 1.64. 

This is why he is the Sunday starter.

He needs to get his shit together.  Jfc.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1