Moving to Maui

Hank_Hill

On 3/1/2022 at 2:15 AM, DalTxHornFan said:

Northern Maui is a lot like living in Los Angeles.  Kauai is dope.

Nevertheless, he's going to be ruined for beaches for life.

I spent a 10 days in HI when I was in 8th grade and I have been ruined since.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 10:09 AM, Dbeasy said:

Don’t you dare back out because of cost. I grew up on the beaches of Oahu when I was really young and it was awesome. Beach beach beach. 

Yeah I am going on week 5 out here on Oahu, 3 weeks left. Just love it. Just don’t eat out every meal and the expense isn’t that great.

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2022 at 6:46 PM, Hank_Hill said:

Looked like a lil tropical system for sure

7D80163D-C754-45A0-9583-11EF0196C7E0.thumb.jpeg.f61b75db90c7b943fdf5fb294f85bfc7.jpeg

we outchea!

Good snorkeling there, just don’t be a dumbass like me and swim past that ledge just chilling into open water…. Swear I saw something really big and dark swim by that was not a whale.  

34 minutes ago, MalibuSheriff said:

Have fun!

The only advice I’d give is buy your groceries at Costco in Hawaii. There one right by Kahului Airport.  Pricing is fairly close to mainland while the smaller Hawaiian groceries will be outrageous.  Maui has some great farmers markets too.

We always buy fish and steaks at Costco in Hawaii once we arrive.  Then we hit the farmers markets when the horn sounds each day.  Good times.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 11:34 AM, Hank_Hill said:

Job offer fell in my lap. 30% base increase from what I’m making in FW which should theoretically cover the massive COL difference. Would be a 1-2 year thing max. I’m under 30, no kids, wife can’t work above table until we complete the green card process so no real strings. Mainly looking for other peoples experience living on an island, housing search tips, dealing with locals, etc.

no way snl GIF by The Jenny McCarthy Show

yeah that's a great location, central, like you say.  although i prioritize my distance to costco more than others.  i love lahaina but it's a bit of a drive to kahului.  maui brewing co is a great place to spend time if you ever get beached out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

yeah that's a great location, central, like you say.  although i prioritize my distance to costco more than others.  i love lahaina but it's a bit of a drive to kahului.  maui brewing co is a great place to spend time if you ever get beached out.

You on island?

5 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I’m too young to have watched it but somehow know y’all are referencing Magnum. Now stop it. 

Would you rather I pull out my McGarrett files, Dano?

ox4HCSd8jYd6LqDaflR7PytIrLG.jpg

Edited by RPM